Griz

When you have cable all you can watch is the same team every week

When all you can watch is the same team every week you get bored

When you get bored you try to become a football star yourself

When you try to become a football star yourself you try out for the Bills

When you try out for the Bills you make the team and become a starter

When you become a starter you disappoint

When you disappoint you get made fun on on twobillsdrive.com

Don't get made fun of on twobillsdrive.com. Get rid of cable and upgrade to DirecTV.

Funny

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic Sunday Ticket free...upgrade to Max $16.99 for 6 months...$20.00 month credit for 12 months to cover upgrade costs. The key is calling Customer Retention and actually being polite. The lady I talked to is a Seahawks fans and we had a nice conversation.....always dreaded this call. Now it's done!!

Basic Sunday Ticket free...upgrade to Max $16.99 for 6 months...$20.00 month credit for 12 months to cover upgrade costs. The key is calling Customer Retention and actually being polite. The lady I talked to is a Seahawks fans and we had a nice conversation.....always dreaded this call. Now it's done!!

that's the smart move

I started with online chat and asked about package and they only wanted to give 5 dollars off. Said wasn't good enough and then given priority number with pin. Called and talked for a bit about bills and she liked eagles. Got Max free with 30 off for 12 months

I just went the chat route then customer service with a pin #. They started with an offer of $5.00 a month for six months. I explained that I would need more than that to remain a customer. Ended up with $20/mo. credit for 12 months and the original offer of $5.00 a month for six months. End result is free Sunday Ticket and a couple of bucks to spare. It's just too bad we have to call and do this every year. I think I'll try for a permanent solution next year. GO BILLS!

What?

I think he is referring to this

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4263/~/directv-72-hour-rewind

I just went the chat route then customer service with a pin #. They started with an offer of $5.00 a month for six months. I explained that I would need more than that to remain a customer. Ended up with $20/mo. credit for 12 months and the original offer of $5.00 a month for six months. End result is free Sunday Ticket and a couple of bucks to spare. It's just too bad we have to call and do this every year. I think I'll try for a permanent solution next year. GO BILLS!

What do you mean by a permanent solution?

What?

Yup, the latest DTV inserts Sunday inserts say you can go back 72 hours and watch shows.

I think he is referring to this

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4263/~/directv-72-hour-rewind

What do you mean by a permanent solution?

That would be what I was referring, so followed the instructions looking for Sundays "last week tonight" on HBO. It gave me one from 5/10. Guess they don't have the bugs worked out. Thanks though, answers my question.

Nucci - by permanent I mean not having to call and haggle with them every year. They should automatically discount Sunday Ticket for long time subscribers.

It's a good thought but not going to happen.

Haven't seen the charge yet on my bill. Plus, I have my Blue Jacket hockey tix renewal coming up.

When I look at my account online under "recent activity" the Ticket is there with a $0.00 price. Judging by last season the charge didn't show up on the bill until July or August -- that's when I usually make my call. However, looking at what folks have been able to do in this thread I might call this weekend.

Haven't seen the charge yet on my bill. Plus, I have my Blue Jacket hockey tix renewal coming up.

Should be on next month

When I look at my account online under "recent activity" the Ticket is there with a $0.00 price. Judging by last season the charge didn't show up on the bill until July or August -- that's when I usually make my call. However, looking at what folks have been able to do in this thread I might call this weekend.

Same with me...I decided to call earlier this year and it worked out

I just called -- took it kind of easy on them and asked if any discounts are available; didn't threaten to cancel or anything. Wound up with about $230 in discounts. Might call back later and go to customer retention, but even if I don't this isn't too bad.

I got ST free and they also cut my monthly bill by $30 (for 12 months).

I was nice. My talk track was that I've been a customer for over 10 years, and it hurts to go to the website and see $200 gift cards (but not for me) and $19.99 programming (but not for me). I said if I had to cancel my service and then come back to get those deals I would, but it didn't make sense. And she agreed with me.

She said to call back after the Superbowl next year to get more free stuff.

Edited by blzrul

man you got the deal of the century I got about the same but 1/2 off MAX not free ST

Called. Got transferred to retention. I just basically told them my bill was too high.

I also told them that I have Bills season tickets (which I do) and that I could go to 8 games a year. 2 others are on national TV. And now there is one internet only game. That only leaves 5 games. She gave me the Season Ticket Max for free.

She then offered the $10 off for 12 months as an HD credit. She offered the $5 off for six months as paperless bill credit (which I already have). I then honestly just said that I saw some other people that got $20 off for 12 months and asked her if she could do that. She told me it wouldn't let her do that, so she would just give me an additional $120 instant credit right now if I wanted. Ummmmmmm.........yeah, gimmie that! Very nice phone call. My bill this month was $1.81. I'm very happy today.

She actually told me to call back and ask for more discounts when these ran out!

Edited by Lv-Bills