Bills' Organized Team Activities Week 3: June 8-11

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci: Rex Ryan: "It's safe to say that we won't have (our) LeBron @ QB. We may have LeBron @ DT & @ DE, but we don't have him @ QB."

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

@viccarucci

Rex Ryan: "It's safe to say that we won't have (our) LeBron @ QB. We may have LeBron @ DT & @ DE, but we don't have him @ QB."

After watching Wednesday's OTA practice, #Bills not only don't have "LeBron @ QB" as Rex said, but no one looks like a No. 1 ... or No. 2.

rex's jokes don't really do it for me. :-/

Edited by johnwalter

rex's jokes don't really do it for me. :-/

Installing new (especially NFL level) offenses take time. There's simply no way of getting around it and it will probably in all honesty take until about a few weeks into the season for them to feel comfortable with it. It took the Giants a while to learn their new offense last year.

Installing new (especially NFL level) offenses take time. There's simply no way of getting around it and it will probably in all honesty take until about a few weeks into the season for them to feel comfortable with it. It took the Giants a while to learn their new offense last year.

And when the games are for real, rookie DBs and LBs aren't going to be jumping on pass routes with the kind of impunity that practice engenders.

@JoeBuscaglia: Matt Cassel had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. That, and a bunch of other observations from #Bills OTAs http://t.co/PUk4kTuMHE

Is he moving to Australia? :bag:

Kyle Williams: "My Arrow's Pointing Up" (5:07)

The Bills defensive tackle talks about his impressions of rookie John Miller, the focus on stopping the run, and the role of Manny Lawson in this defense.

Charles Clay: "Looking Forward to a Big Year" (5:21)
The Bills tight end talks about learning the new offense in OTA's, developing chemistry with all of the quarterbacks, and having so many playmakers on offense.

6 OTA Observations - Wk 3
The final week of OTA practices saw no change in the three-man QB race, a lot of moving around for the skill position players on offense and a D-line that is already wreaking havoc.

Nickell Robey: "The Coverage is More Aggressive" (3:14)

The Bills cornerback talks about his role in the new defense, whether this scheme is better for him, and his thoughts on Ronald Darby.

Glad there are less tweets by the media and I hope it continues to lessen. Do we really need their every fleeting opinion as it occurs to them in real time? Sorry, but we don't. There is little to learn at this point, but a helluva lot to misconstrue.

GO BILLS!!!

Glad there are less tweets by the media and I hope it continues to lessen. Do we really need their every fleeting opinion as it occurs to them in real time? Sorry, but we don't. There is little to learn at this point, but a helluva lot to misconstrue.

GO BILLS!!!

Why do you care how often the media tweets?

In a nutshell, it's because I don't think media saturation is a good thing in general. Like I said, there is little to be learned at this juncture, but a lot to be misconstrued.

GO BILLS!!!

what good do you take away from today? or do you think a singular well planned article at the end of OTAs would be more meaningful than 132 tweets smattered about?

heck one even apologized today for saying cassell looked good (because he was rushing to get it out without seeing enough)

what good do you take away from today? or do you think a singular well planned article at the end of OTAs would be more meaningful than 132 tweets smattered about?

heck one even apologized today for saying cassell looked good (because he was rushing to get it out without seeing enough)

Bills tweets are like crack for the offseason. Now if you were a crack head....would you want a bunch of crack all the time, or just one big crack party every year?

I thought so...

As I have always said....the best thing that could happen is EJ pans out.....

That is best case scenario

Not for TBD. I feel like that would end up making the line in the sand even wider. And the threads about every EJ pass attempt ever so cumbersome.

I do find it interesting that the only real report about EJ was he under-threw Goodwin and hit Hogan on the run. Why so little if he was the best QB out there today is my question.

Edited by The Wiz

Bills tweets are like crack for the offseason. Now if you were a crack head....would you want a bunch of crack all the time, or just one big crack party every year?

I thought so...

This. Not sure why the non-crack heads are all upset about how we get our fix. Just ignore my crack.

I thought so...

ha! I hear you -- just in the debate of whether the constant stream of OTA tweets are productive... well, they arent the end of the world, but its probably not ideal either.

Why don't they just go ahead and cut Chris Williams already?

Because mandatory mini camp starts next week; thus, he will be here next week (if he wants to get paid). You lose nothing by having him come and show what he has. I think there's a whole thread to this, but I haven't read much of it.

Because mandatory mini camp starts next week; thus, he will be here next week (if he wants to get paid). You lose nothing by having him come and show what he has. I think there's a whole thread to this, but I haven't read much of it.

Chris Williams, meanwhile, is still recovering from back surgery, according to the Associated Press

I thought so...

I , being a crack head, want all the crack , all the time. and then i want some more. then i want big crack parties interspersed with the bunch of crack that i always have.I am all about all the crack all the time.

tweets? meh.

I don't mind if you're critical. It's how you present it.

Very good perspective :thumbsup:

I think that's more JoeB's style.

I have stopped taking anything Joe B has to say, particularly about QB play, seriously.

The fact that the work so far has not been mandatory to this point is really beside the point. If the guy was serious about wanting to play for this team he would have been there. Unless he comes in and is the second coming at this point, he is done with this team, and probably with the NFL. No other explanation other than lazy.

Chris Williams, meanwhile, is still recovering from back surgery, according to the Associated Press[/size]

Ip:

Watkins is still recovering from hip surgery, but he is in town. Lazy, unmotivated POS.

I have stopped taking anything Joe B has to say, particularly about QB play, seriously.

The fact that the work so far has not been mandatory to this point is really beside the point. If the guy was serious about wanting to play for this team he would have been there. Unless he comes in and is the second coming at this point, he is done with this team, and probably with the NFL. No other explanation other than lazy.

Watkins is still recovering from hip surgery, but he is in town. Lazy, unmotivated POS.

Hey now !

There could be mitigating circumstances. Right ?

This. Not sure why the non-crack heads are all upset about how we get our fix. Just ignore my crack.

I bet I'm far less upset about over-saturation by the media than you would be by less. I leave you now as you breathlessly await the next couple of sentences by the estimable Joe B.

Enjoy.

GO BILLS!!!