Bills' Organized Team Activities Week 3: June 8-11

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mikerodak

Cassel and EJ splitting 1st team reps in 2-spot drill. Taylor and Simms with other group.

@SalSports

Matt Cassel is having a pretty good day out here. But he's also throwing against D with no Gilmore , McKelvin, or A Williams.

DBs have primarily been S Duke Williams/Rambo with CB Brooks/Cockrell/Darby.

My Cassel tweet was in reference to the portion I was watching on offense. I see others have seen him not be as sharp.

@MatthewFairburn

Breaking news from Bills OTAs: Matt Cassel is still below average at quarterback.

@mikerodak

EJ taking first team reps with 11on11s in this period. Carousel continues to spin...

@SalSports

Here's something we can all agree on here: the deep ball EJ just tried to throw to Goodwin was way short and off.

On next play EJ was flushed out and while in run found Hogan heading to sideline.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Anyone else think the Bills have some strategy behind which QBs are playing with the 1s on days the media are present? Or does it not matter at all to them given we will all see the battle unfold in camp?

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow
EJ did just complete a great pass to Charles Clay up the right sideline, and over Darby. #Bills

@john_wawrow

And Matt Cassel just threw a fade into quadruple coverage. He was picked off, of course. #bills

@MatthewFairburn

After throwing a pass five yards behind his receiver, Matt Cassel came back with an interception into triple coverage.

Anyone else think the Bills have some strategy behind which QBs are playing with the 1s on days the media are present? Or does it not matter at all to them given we will all see the battle unfold in camp?

Practices are so precisely scripted nowadays, I think teams establish a rotation and stick to it, regardless what day the media is given access. If certain QBs are getting certain reps with certain personnel today, I'd wager it's because they weren't the day before.

I'd also be willing to wager the media isn't seeing the exact same packages/personnel groups being practiced when they aren't there.

GO BILLS!!!

@SalSports: Up-close look at Bills TE Charles Clay catching passes. http://t.co/M589d2vges

Scintillating! :P

Does anything epitomize the understanding that people at this time will crave any Bills related content, no matter how mundane, than this particular video?

Who was throwing Clay the ball!?! Tight spiral and RIGHT on target - get that guy first team reps Stat! I hear Cassel looks bad and EJ under-threw one; doooooomed!

Edited by Heitz

i dont think anyone cares, and i would be a little annoyed if they are structuring practice around sending pointless messages to the media

if they are hiding a formation in their pocket thats one thing, i guess, but which player is getting reps? no.

Edited by NoSaint