Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

Yeah, that could very much affect their season. If I had to bet, I think he plays great that game. Personally I think he is an arrogant bastard, and chronic cheater, and whiner, who gets preferential treatment that is out of whack, but is also one of the 5 best QBs ever, better than Manning, and would be without the cheating (which almost makes it worse)

This is where I fully disagree, I do not believe he would be "one of the best ever" if he were not in a sophisticated system of cheating at multiple levels his whole career. It absolutely blows me away the media and most people don't implicate him as an integral participant in Spygate. The whole point of taping plays was to provide real time info on defensive calls at the LOS. In this scenario he is not only a participant, but also a mastermind. I've said before, if he benefitted in this way for even just a few years during his development, he had a huge advantage in learning the position that no one else ever has come close to having. There was a reason why he was only a 6th round draft pick, and a reason why his rise to one of the " best ever" is so incredible and almost too good to be true.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I fully disagree, I do not believe he would be "one of the best ever" if he were not in a sophisticated system of cheating at multiple levels his whole career. It absolutely blows me away the media and most people don't implicate him as an integral participant in Spygate. The whole point of taping plays was to provide real time info on defensive calls at the LOS. In this scenario he is not only a participant, but also a mastermind. I've said before, if he benefitted in this way for even just a few years during his development, he had a huge advantage in learning the position that no one else ever has come close to having. There was a reason why he was only a 6th round draft pick, and a reason why his rise to one of the " best ever" is so incredible and almost too good to be true.

He's gotten better since Spygate. The way we know the Pats deflated balls could only happen at home, and Brady has thrown, remarkably, more TDS away than at home in the last several years since they have been accused of this (it's possible they cheat a different way on the road but there is no allegation of that anywhere to my knowledge).

Spygate didn't directly impact his ego (i.e. It didn't call in to question his quarterbacking ability like this does), and didn't place him under nearly the direct scrutiny he's going to see on the field after this.

And, yeah, I know you're going to say he#s handled scrutiny before, and any All-Pro QB has to deal with having all eyes on him. But the attention given to "The Greatest Quarterback Of All Time" is qualitatively different from the scrutiny given to "The quarterback caught cheating last year and who knows how many years before that."

Ever had a mob of people looking at you, just waiting for you to !@#$ up? (Outside these threads, I mean.) It can affect your performance, particularly if you're as big a whiny little B word as Brady. And he's never seen the kind of attention he's about to get.

:lol:

Let's not forget that Wilfork is just plain dirty.

On a different note...it's interesting to think of how this might affect Brady coming back after the suspension. His over-inflated ego has just taken a significant hit, and he's going to be under significant scrutiny his first game back of a negative type he's not used to. This could rattle him.

It's likely that Brady* had managed to hide his cheating ways from most if not all of his teammates -- just listen to how Jesus Bruschi defends him -- but this is going to be a little bit different. It will be interesting.

I'm encouraged to hear so many now calling for an in-depth evaluation of the fumbling issue, and further investigation into the marked improvement in Brady*'s stats since 2007.

Something tells me this isn't the end of it.

Not my fault if you can't see the difference. And you walked right into it. Congrats.

I jumped at the chance for you to do just what you have done: "I meant a criminal investigation. Or a civil one. Not an employer investigation. Or I meant not answering questions, not talking about it....."

Spygate didn't directly impact his ego (i.e. It didn't call in to question his quarterbacking ability like this does), and didn't place him under nearly the direct scrutiny he's going to see on the field after this.

And, yeah, I know you're going to say he#s handled scrutiny before, and any All-Pro QB has to deal with having all eyes on him. But the attention given to "The Greatest Quarterback Of All Time" is qualitatively different from the scrutiny given to "The quarterback caught cheating last year and who knows how many years before that."

Ever had a mob of people looking at you, just waiting for you to !@#$ up? (Outside these threads, I mean.) It can affect your performance, particularly if you're as big a whiny little B word as Brady. And he's never seen the kind of attention he's about to get.

It hasn't affected me so far!

How can you say spygate didn't directly affect Brady or his ego. These exact same stories (is he one of the greatest/tainted/his wins are products of cheating) were being written everywhere for months on end. You really think he was taking some comfort in saying "yeah, their talking about the TEAM and Bill, not me!".

Of course you don't. My guess is that he gets an even bigger chip on his shoulder than he had in 2007 when he broke records.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Sentiment is not what DC Tom was talking about. I think he meant that Brady was going to be rattled in his performance.

Huge distinction. Whether people thought he was behind Spygate or not. The public weight of that scandal was directed at Belichick not Brady. I don't think DC Tom was talking about not being able to deflate the balls, he was talking I think about how the public weight of the scandal may affect Brady who may put too much pressure on himself to come back and show everyone and that could rattle him in the games. It's possible, but I think he will be more focused. He doesn't like to be pressured in games, that is the only way he is affected. He's going to take 100x the abuse in this scandal than Spygate.

I think he already showed his mettle in this regard in the Super Bowl. He took a lot of heat before that game and most thought he was guilty, but he stepped up and delivered, especially in crunch time, against a great defense and with no running game.

Of course you don't. My guess is that he gets an even bigger chip on his shoulder than he had in 2007 when he broke records.

Not coincidentally, 2007 was the first year the NFL allowed teams to handle their own balls, a rule change lobbied for by Brady. You do the math.

Not coincidentally, 2007 was the first year the NFL allowed teams to handle their own balls, a rule change lobbied for by Brady. You do the math.

This is getting to be a bit much. That was also the year they added Moss and Welker, which gave Brady an immensely talented receiving corps for the first time ever.

This is getting to be a bit much. That was also the year they added Moss and Welker, which gave Brady an immensely talented receiving corps for the first time ever.

Yup. Both the rule change and the stud additions are far more plausible explanations for Brady setting records than a "chip on his shoulder".

That is amazing news if true. Where did you here that? Is there a link? First thought is why would he want the team to handle his balls. Unless there was a reason like cheating?

Why lobby to change that rule? What did he give as reasons to be able to handle his balls or by the team.? Why and how did the league buy that crap? I understand QB's want to break in the balls but this seems right up a cheating teams alley. And, would seem to me that the hoody* would at some level now be aware of Tom's preference for his inflation/deflation.

‏@ProFootballTalk

One NFL owner thinks the Robert Kraft-Roger Goodell relationship is "pretty much dead" http://wp.me/p14QSB-9LPD

good! No more BS maybe the refs will get the memo too.

I think he already showed his mettle in this regard in the Super Bowl. He took a lot of heat before that game and most thought he was guilty, but he stepped up and delivered, especially in crunch time, against a great defense and with no running game.

Yes, those 5-yard passes were a thing of beauty.

Im sure its been mentioned, but it bears repeating:

Before the rule change, the Patriots** fumble rate was pretty much on par with the rest of the league, about 1 in 41 touches.

Since the rule change, the Patriots** fumble rate is BY FAR the best in the league at 1 every 74 touches. Even better than dome teams.