Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine a QB would like a sticky ball.

i think it was just slightly tacky, not like a caricature situation where its sticking to his hand. the whole reason for deflation would be grip. just like a glove is for better grip, or scuffing up the new ball. and the SD case a little added grip via an outside, not yet banned, substance.

i think it was just slightly tacky, not like a caricature situation where its sticking to his hand. the whole reason for deflation would be grip. just like a glove is for better grip, or scuffing up the new ball. and the SD case a little added grip via an outside, not yet banned, substance.

I got that. But putting a tacky substance on the ball stays on the ball whereas a deflated ball is easier to grip but not tacky, which can affect a QB's throwing. I would think.

I got that. But putting a tacky substance on the ball stays on the ball whereas a deflated ball is easier to grip but not tacky, which can affect a QB's throwing. I would think.

That wasn't true in the hight of the stickum era. Seems they threw it just fine

you should contact the chargers, as they did this within the last 2-3 years. maybe they could use your expertise.

SF cheated bigtime with the salary cap......hardly ever mentioned

I don't think that taints their first four SB victories seeing as how the cap wasn't instituted until 1994. Were they accused of cheating when Steve Young won their last one after that season? I honestly don't recall.

GO BILLS!!!

SF cheated bigtime with the salary cap......hardly ever mentioned

They never cheated with the salary cap, everything was within the rules.....and nothing they did caused a change of rule. They mortgaged their future salary caps for the sake of that SB year, and suffered greatly in subsequent years as a consequence.

Teams can still legally do what the 9ers did. I think they choose not to as failing to win the SB leaves no reward and a great deal of future problems.

Edited by Dibs

Well he saw one game they did.

And to be fair it wasn't a ball he handled or anything- and if he could spot it's illegal nature from the sideline - everyone would've had to be in on it.....

But at that point, weren't home teams allowed to "prep" there's? (Verbiage intentionally not "tamper" without knowing legality off hand)

So QB AJ Feely is saying the Patriots have been using illegal balls since 2004.

Manning, Brady and every other QB in the league convinced the NFL that that rule was unnecessary, and in 2007, they agreed, so it really isn't a strong point...

They never cheated with the salary cap, everything was within the rules.....and nothing they did caused a change of rule. They mortgaged their future salary caps for the sake of that SB year, and suffered greatly in subsequent years as a consequence.

Teams can still legally do what the 9ers did. I think they choose not to as failing to win the SB leaves no reward and a great deal of future problems.

Carmen Policy included a fictitious year in Jim Druckenmiller's contract to gain more salary cap room by amortizing the bonus; he reduced Steve Young's salary that year to sign Drunknstupid, moving the unpaid salary to the following year without negotiation or disclosure, and negotiated a bonus for Brent Young to be paid after retirement so it didn't count against the cap.

No team can legally do that, now or then. It was extremely against the rules.

Manning, Brady and every other QB in the league convinced the NFL that that rule was unnecessary, and in 2007, they agreed, so it really isn't a strong point...

Yeah, they're not rules. They're more like friendly advice.

Manning and Brady convinced the league you could ignore the rules and use whatever ball you wanted and do whatever you wanted because the rules don't apply to you?

Manning and Brady convinced the league you could ignore the rules and use whatever ball you wanted and do whatever you wanted because the rules don't apply to you?

Manning and Brady were already cheating, so they convinced the league to change the rule so it wasn't cheating, so it's retroactively not cheating.

I swear, the logic being used to justify Brady's cheating is getting more and more convoluted...

Manning and Brady were already cheating, so they convinced the league to change the rule so it wasn't cheating, so it's retroactively not cheating.

I swear, the logic being used to justify Brady's cheating is getting more and more convoluted...

Not to mention that he brought in a ball from the sidelines that clearly wasn't checked pregame by the officials because that is unnecessary when you are just going to steal them anyway.