Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

I was asking for speculation. All his texts to these guys have been read by Wells.

Maybe confessional texts to his priest? Or advice from P Manning as to how he is able to deflate balls before games undetected?

Most likely texts incriminating others, like Belicheat. As you said, if there were only texts to his flunkies, why not just provide the phone?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random thought: this is the first time I've ever hoped the Pats pick 32nd in next year's draft!

If so, losing that pick will have proved not much of a penalty.

I'm not sure what you mean. Finishing last and not getting the #1 overall pick in the draft makes it that much worse for them, doesn't it?

Random thought: this is the first time I've ever hoped the Pats pick 32nd in next year's draft!

I hope you meant finishing 32nd and picking first. Otherwise that statement doesn't make much sense (from a Bills fan).

Did the Patriots* not count the 2 wins per season they started with in the bank when the Bills were rolling out hideous QB after hideous QB with god-awful JV coaching staffs?

Nope. They were already 2-0 in August and they never offered to give those wins back to my knowledge. Plus they cheated.

At the end of the day, they have 4 rings. Put asterisks next to them all you want, it doesn't change it.

So do I feel bad? Nope. When the Roman empire fell did the barbarians say "I wish we could have faced these guys in their prime!"

No.

The dynasty is crumbling. Last year was their last gasp. It took illegal formations and tactics at home vs Baltimore, Manning getting injured along with every single member of the Seattle secondary AND a totally awful throw on the freaking goal line for them to win.

They are done folks. Last year was them pulling out every single stop to prove everyone wrong after KC and get that 4th ring. Notice they didn't even TRY to keep that team together. They hired a few mercenary CBs, got #4, and sent them all packing along with Wilfork and many other regulars.

Brady or no Brady New England is not a threat.

I like your style.

And the Roman/barbarian thing gave me a sensible chuckle.

Most likely texts incriminating others, like Belicheat. As you said, if there were only texts to his flunkies, why not just provide the phone?

Oh yeah, I'm sure Bellichick spends hours texting Brady (or anyone) about....anything.

Even if Brady complied with Well's request, he would have left out any texts to BB or the coaching staff and Wells would not have known otherwise. So, Wells has the pertinent texts already. Still not sure what the importance of the phone is.

I'm not sure what you mean. Finishing last and not getting the #1 overall pick in the draft makes it that much worse for them, doesn't it?

Picking 32nd means they won the SB again. They won't be hurting for that 1st round pick.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Oh yeah, I'm sure Bellichick spends hours texting Brady (or anyone) about....anything.

Even if Brady complied with Well's request, he would have left out any texts to BB or the coaching staff and Wells would not have known otherwise. So, Wells has the pertinent texts already. Still not sure what the importance of the phone is.

Copies of texts are kept by the phone carriers and if Brady gave permission to look at his phone, it would have also included looking at those copies.

And again, even if what you say is true, why not hand it over? The answer is obvious, again by what you've stated in the past.

Copies of texts are kept by the phone carriers and if Brady gave permission to look at his phone, it would have also included looking at those copies.

And again, even if what you say is true, why not hand it over? The answer is obvious, again by what you've stated in the past.

i feel like discussing the phone issue for the last week has been a moving goal line as various people cycle through the discussion.

first it was he had to turn over everything - which i wouldnt want to do either.

then it was turn over whatever he pleases with no accountability - which seems like a "why bother" policy from the nfl

im still curious if gostkowski turned in his records, as i recall that being a no early in the story. and no ones calling for his head.

i feel like discussing the phone issue for the last week has been a moving goal line as various people cycle through the discussion.

first it was he had to turn over everything - which i wouldnt want to do either.

then it was turn over whatever he pleases with no accountability - which seems like a "why bother" policy from the nfl

im still curious if gostkowski turned in his records, as i recall that being a no early in the story. and no ones calling for his head.

It was requested and denied, but Wells did not pursue it because he felt that the K Balls were not tampered with.

I believe he had to turn things over to just Wells. So if any private information got leaked, they'd be able to trace it back to him. Meaning Wells wouldn't take that chance.

It was requested and denied, but Wells did not pursue it because he felt that the K Balls were not tampered with.

for the league though, its still not participating in the investigation. and couldnt you just as easily argue that SK could have texted about not wanting his messed with, or the topic in general?

it could end up giving a "they singled me out when others didnt follow the policy of turning over records" problem. especially if its happened a lot in the past and we just havent heard about it.

Edited by NoSaint

for the league though, its still not participating in the investigation. and couldnt you just as easily argue that SK could have texted about not wanting his messed with, or the topic in general?

it could end up giving a "they singled me out when others didnt follow the policy of turning over records" problem. especially if its happened a lot in the past and we just havent heard about it.

I don't disagree, just stating why at least Wells didn't make a big stink about it. As far as I know he could have retracted his request when he ruled out the K Ball stuff, if that even makes a difference.

I don't disagree, just stating why at least Wells didn't make a big stink about it. As far as I know he could have retracted his request when he ruled out the K Ball stuff, if that even makes a difference.

all fair enough. it just stuck out a bit to me when posters started saying no one has ever denied the request ever, coupled with someone else in this investigation denying it. i think it would be a valid question for someone to ask the league. and theres a good chance your answer would roughly match theres. not sure how id feel on them suspending one guy and not the other though for the same thing. (again, trying to get away from my feelings of hooray, no tom brady week 2, and move towards learning about the policy and procedure in play for the league)

Edited by NoSaint

Picking 32nd means they won the SB again. They won't be hurting for that 1st round pick.

No, they have been stripped of their first round pick. I mean finishing with the worst record, losing the #1 overall pick, and therefor picking for the first time at pick #32. That's why I said it's unusual for me to want them to have that pick.