Brady to be SUSPENDED next week according to report

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with "More probable than not" as the basis.

That's equivalent to the legal standard for guilt in civil proceedings known as a preponderance of evidence. An appeal built upon those grounds simply will not be successful IMO.

Seen on twitter from someone... so now the Patriots have been convicted of cheating twice in a decade, and one of their star players was just convicted of murder (and today was indicted on another charge). The Patriot Way.

That's equivalent to the legal standard for guilt in civil proceedings known as a preponderance of evidence. An appeal built upon those grounds simply will not be successful IMO.

People also assume that phrase means that it is like 51-49 that he is guilty or not when that is not the case whatsoever. It could be, but it could also mean 99-1. The report explicitly said Brady was not plausible. The chance of it being atmospheric was almost impossible. Polian flat stated the report was the NFL says flatly, "he is in violation," and not at all that he is "probably in violation."

Seen on twitter from someone... so now the Patriots have been convicted of cheating twice in a decade, and one of their star players was just convicted of murder (and today was indicted on another charge). The Patriot Way.

People also assume that phrase means that it is like 51-49 that he is guilty or not when that is not the case whatsoever. It could be, but it could also mean 99-1. The report explicitly said Brady was not plausible. The chance of it being atmospheric was almost impossible. Polian flat stated the report was the NFL says flatly, "he is in violation," and not at all that he is "probably in violation."

And yet it's always the Raiders that are looked at as a renegade organization. Too bad Kraft can't be suspended like George Steinbrenner was.

Let's not forget that Wilfork is just plain dirty.

On a different note...it's interesting to think of how this might affect Brady coming back after the suspension. His over-inflated ego has just taken a significant hit, and he's going to be under significant scrutiny his first game back of a negative type he's not used to. This could rattle him.

Brady's going to be under a lot of pressure when he comes back. I think the press is going to needle him at every PC for the first half of the year....

Almost better than the suspension is the abuse that Brady* is going to take the rest of his life really. Some enterprising Chinese should really start "BRADY*" jerseys. They would sell a million of them.

Let's not forget that Wilfork is just plain dirty.

On a different note...it's interesting to think of how this might affect Brady coming back after the suspension. His over-inflated ego has just taken a significant hit, and he's going to be under significant scrutiny his first game back of a negative type he's not used to. This could rattle him.

Yeah, he looked really rattled after Spygate....

Spygate wasn't really directed at him like this way. Spygate was more that Belichick was the villain.

Personally I don't think this will affect him that much. It's possible he will be a little rusty if there is a 4 game layoff. I suspect he comes back with a vengeance and plays great the rest of the year. Hopefully his team won't be as good.

Spygate wasn't really directed at him like this way. Spygate was more that Belichick was the villain.

Personally I don't think this will affect him that much. It's possible he will be a little rusty if there is a 4 game layoff. I suspect he comes back with a vengeance and plays great the rest of the year. Hopefully his team won't be as good.

i like that he comes back on the road, against a really good team that wants nothing more to beat him.

Show me where you said that since Brady didn't cooperate with Wells, he is obviously guilty, like you did with Lynch. I admit I might have missed it among all those posts by you making excuse after excuse for Tommy Boy and laughably equating this with Rodgers trying to sneak over-inflated footballs by the officials (never mind that Rodgers admitted "“It's not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure," which is true and a dig at Tommy Boy).

And again, I didn't flip flop. Beyond the difference in a criminal and civil case and one between the law and an employer, there's a difference between talking and refusing to produce evidence. Talk is cheap and nothing would have been gained talking to either guy because Lynch would have kept quiet and Brady has been denying/lying.

If that's true, Tommy Boy got off easy.

I just said it. You were putting words in my mouth so I had to set you straight.

And stop endlessly qualifying your flips.

Whether or not it was his acts go back and look at the pages of posts about how he'd never be the same without the benefits of spying. Whether or not his act - the sentiment wasn't THAT far off

i like that he comes back on the road, against a really good team that wants nothing more to beat him.

Yeah, that could very much affect their season. If I had to bet, I think he plays great that game. Personally I think he is an arrogant bastard, and chronic cheater, and whiner, who gets preferential treatment that is out of whack, but is also one of the 5 best QBs ever, better than Manning, and would be without the cheating (which almost makes it worse)

That one wasn't on him. This one is.

A distinction without difference. Certainly here, everyone labeled him a cheater as well. He then tore the league up--huge chip.

I don't see this bothering him at all he knows what he is capable of. 2 more PSI won't bother him.

Whether or not it was his acts go back and look at the pages of posts about how he'd never be the same without the benefits of spying. Whether or not his act - the sentiment wasn't THAT far off

Sentiment is not what DC Tom was talking about. I think he meant that Brady was going to be rattled in his performance.

A distinction without difference. Certainly here, everyone labeled him a cheater as well. He then tore the league up--huge chip.

I don't see this bothering him at all he knows what he is capable of. 2 more PSI won't bother him.

Huge distinction. Whether people thought he was behind Spygate or not. The public weight of that scandal was directed at Belichick not Brady. I don't think DC Tom was talking about not being able to deflate the balls, he was talking I think about how the public weight of the scandal may affect Brady who may put too much pressure on himself to come back and show everyone and that could rattle him in the games. It's possible, but I think he will be more focused. He doesn't like to be pressured in games, that is the only way he is affected. He's going to take 100x the abuse in this scandal than Spygate.

I just said it. You were putting words in my mouth so I had to set you straight.

And stop endlessly qualifying your flips.

You had no choice BUT to finally say/admit it.

And again, talking versus evidence.

Sentiment is not what DC Tom was talking about. I think he meant that Brady was going to be rattled in his performance.

Huge distinction. Whether people thought he was behind Spygate or not. The public weight of that scandal was directed at Belichick not Brady. I don't think DC Tom was talking about not being able to deflate the balls, he was talking I think about how the public weight of the scandal may affect Brady who may put too much pressure on himself to come back and show everyone and that could rattle him in the games. It's possible, but I think he will be more focused. He doesn't like to be pressured in games, that is the only way he is affected. He's going to take 100x the abuse in this scandal than Spygate.

I disagree, Brady was deeply implicated by association in spygate. Either, I disagree with DCTom. He won't be rattled by this.

You had no choice BUT to finally say/admit it.

And again, talking versus evidence.

Endless qualifying....you lay quite the ingenious trap doc.

Spygate didn't directly impact his ego (i.e. It didn't call in to question his quarterbacking ability like this does), and didn't place him under nearly the direct scrutiny he's going to see on the field after this.

And, yeah, I know you're going to say he#s handled scrutiny before, and any All-Pro QB has to deal with having all eyes on him. But the attention given to "The Greatest Quarterback Of All Time" is qualitatively different from the scrutiny given to "The quarterback caught cheating last year and who knows how many years before that."

Ever had a mob of people looking at you, just waiting for you to !@#$ up? (Outside these threads, I mean.) It can affect your performance, particularly if you're as big a whiny little B word as Brady. And he's never seen the kind of attention he's about to get.