Sammy had 2nd most uncatchable targets in league in 2014

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no this can't be true. We should have taken OBD instead. That's what Mel Kiper says, despite the fact that nearly every board had Watkins as the top talent in the draft.

Get him a decent QB and you'll see what Sammy can do.

That's hard to argue. Although Robert Woods was targeted 12 times and ended up with 3 catches for 17 yards in that game. I've never seen a stat line like that one. I don't think defending EJ's performance in the Houston game is going to get you anywhere. But I do appreciate you looking that up.

I wasn't defending EJ's performance in the game. You made an assertion regarding Watkins and said you would wager $50 that you were correct. I accurately pointed out that you were not correct would would lose that wager. EJ's overall performance in that game is a different story - and not a good one.

Sammy made some jaw dropping catches - I can watch it over and over and wonder how the heck he managed to catch that pass. Woods had a few like that as well. I think Beckham is the real deal but his catch that was proclaimed the most amazing catch on NFL history is slight hyperbole. He also tried to say he played all year with two pulled hamstrings whereas his GM said that wasn't true. Meanwhile Sammy played with a variety of injuries and never said a word. I don't know if either player is better than the other right now but the narrative of Beckham being a God is getting somewhat annoying.

I agree, I don't know if either player is better than the other at this point, and that is really a debate for down the road in their respective careers. Here is the way I look at it: It is clear to me that Watkins is everything people thought he would be, even given the injuries and subpar quarterback/offensive play. Beckham turned out to be more than people thought he would be. However, just because Beckham turned out to be much better than anticipated, it doesn't diminish how good Watkins is.

Well, the grand vision behind trading up last year was so that the QB with a shotgun arm (with a full choke) would have help from his receivers.

I hope Cassel is better than Orton. If not, it's not going to be fun if they get behind early.

Is it weird that Mike Wallace had 5th most uncatchable and Jarvis Landry was #1 on the catchable list, both catching passes from Tannehill? Maybe Wallace had mostly deep balls throw his way and Landry did more crossing and short stuff?

I wasn't defending EJ's performance in the game. You made an assertion regarding Watkins and said you would wager $50 that you were correct. I accurately pointed out that you were not correct would would lose that wager. EJ's overall performance in that game is a different story - and not a good one.

His game was remiscent of Brady's performance against the Dols week 1 of last year.

Manuel targeted Watkins 32 times with 17 completions (53%)

Orton targeted Watkins 92 times with 48 completions (52%)

Yeah,,I cant/choose not to give these stats credence. In Manuel's quarter season, the League was still feeling Sammy out -with single coverage & zone. After the 1st Jet game, Watkins saw double coverage from then on. Rex said as much with the 2nd Jet game and Woods had a career night. So Orton tried to throw it a lot to a double covered guy and hit about the same completion %.

Anyway, I'm glad Watkins is a Bill and I hope Cassel or Taylor can step up.

Wait! Are we suggesting the QB position is important?

And that you might want to line up a good one before moving heaven and earth to move up in the draft for a really good WR?

I just find this very depressing. That is all.

No. It's just that QBs from FSU are horrible. In Someone's Opinion

Unfortunately, this wont prevent ESPN JTSP from continuing to talk about ODB like he's the greatest athlete on the face of the planet (except for Johnny Football and Michael Sam of course)

Is it weird that Mike Wallace had 5th most uncatchable and Jarvis Landry was #1 on the catchable list, both catching passes from Tannehill? Maybe Wallace had mostly deep balls throw his way and Landry did more crossing and short stuff?

Noticed that.... Sort of changes what I thought one can infer from the data.

What this stat tells me is that the Bills did not use him effectively at all. Where were the bubble screens and quick crosses? He is a RAC machine and they didn't put him in position to succeed.

The stat was already mentioned actually...the one where Marrone is coaching OL for Jax.

OK who's in on this with me? Need I start a new thread? I have "Meh" Cassel and Tyrod Taylor and Bills fan-4-life, CBiscuit- who am I missing here?- you got EJ "only 14 games/Doug Marrone is now coaching in Jacksonville" Boyuel. Let's do this. I will take two months off from TBD beginning the date of the opener vs. Indianapolis if EJ wins the competition outright. What will you guys do if you're wrong?

Please, stop it. I laugh harder and harder every time. Can't get any work done and my keyboard and monitor are soaked with coffee/water.

That's the knock on Tannehill. He is great at throwing 5 yard passes but bad at 20+ yard ones. The gameplan agaisnt him is how teams play Fitz. Force him to beat you deep and take away the short stuff.

That's the knock on Tannehill. He is great at throwing 5 yard passes but bad at 20+ yard ones. The gameplan agaisnt him is how teams play Fitz. Force him to beat you deep and take away the short stuff.

Also, Wallace is a miserable route runner and Landry is pretty polished. I am guessing that there were more than a few times where Wallace wasn't where he was supposed to be.