Sammy had 2nd most uncatchable targets in league in 2014

yet you supported the guy who had the 2nd most uncatchable passes! and you defended him ad nauseam during the season

Who? Sammy didn't just play 12 games.

This is a great point and shows you why he is terrible. The guy's game is based in completing 5-yard passes. He can't do much of anything else. I think his YPA was like 28th in the NFL.

That said, the Dolphins designed their offense such that all he needed to do was throw those 5-yard passes.

Tanny is well on his way to being franchise.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really curious to see what a scheme change does for this offense this year.

Roman's offense had 60% completion last year, 58.5% in 2013, 66.3% in 2012*, 61.4% in 2011*. (*Alex Smith years)

Other than 2012, the results aren't great.

Edited by Dorkington

Batted balls at the line were "uncatchable targets" to...Sammy?

Ditto balls thrown away? And balls that are hit while the QB is in motion?

How does this guy know who the target was in each of these cases?

i need to review the link but this is "targeted" to Sammy.

Even if you "throw away" the tipped passes and throw away's THAT number would still be very high as you have to take the same factors into account for every other QB/RCVR combp in the league!!

This is a great point and shows you why he is terrible. The guy's game is based in completing 5-yard passes. He can't do much of anything else. I think his YPA was like 28th in the NFL.

That said, the Dolphins designed their offense such that all he needed to do was throw those 5-yard passes.

Rex has had success against him from a defensive standpoint, as have we with our personnel (I am blocking out that horrendous TNF performance as a team (ahem - Orton - from last year). We had our most success with Pettine's D. I'm hopeful we can continue that and actually score on them too.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Make all the jokes you want but I would bet you $50 he had more uncatchable targets in that Houston game than he did in any other game all season. Robert Woods must've had eight of em. But yes, to your point, he was benched for 12 games so he didn't have a chance to continue sucking in those 12 games. You win.

you are still ragging n ONE game? :blush: :blush:

FTR you have very little to support your "theory" that EJ would continue sucking in those 12 games

Who? Sammy didn't just play 12 games.

STICK with the topic or are you incapable of doing so. the Topic is QB to Sammy . "the guy who passes" is the QB. said QB in 12 games was Orton. your false god

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Not sure I agree there. He's definitely coming off his best season as a pro. Before I label him franchise, I'd like to see him win more than 8 games, learn how to get rid of the ball in the face of a pass rush, and bring his YPA up above the league average (he's been in the bottom 5 every year of his career).

I still put him in the "undecided" category.

I'm sure you're saying that in jest -and I don't care about Orton, but yes, IMO, it's ALL on the inaccurate, mediocre-at-best over reach QB from -wait for it.. FSU. Many here simply refuse to accept it, but there's a REASON he never saw the field again.

Manuel targeted Watkins 32 times with 17 completions (53%)

Orton targeted Watkins 92 times with 48 completions (52%)

Not sure I agree there. He's definitely coming off his best season as a pro. Before I label him franchise, I'd like to see him win more than 8 games, learn how to get rid of the ball in the face of a pass rush, and bring his YPA up above the league average (he's been in the bottom 5 every year of his career).

Has anyone ever been scared to play against RT? He has improved (him and EJ had very similar starts last year and Tanny was allowed to play through it and got bettter) but he might be closer to Dalton than Rodgers.

I think it also depends on the definition of franchise QB. I don't think he will ever be a QB than can will his team to a great year. But if the team around him is solid, he could make the playoffs. Is that a franchise QB?

Manuel targeted Watkins 32 times with 17 completions (53%)

Orton targeted Watkins 92 times with 48 completions (52%)

I laugh at your facts. Eye test is the only thing that matter. :rolleyes:

you are still ragging n ONE game? :blush: :blush:

FTR you have very little to support your "theory" that EJ would continue sucking in those 12 games

STICK with the topic or are you incapable of doing so. the Topic is QB to Sammy . "the guy who passes" is the QB. said QB in 12 games was Orton. your false god

How can you look at 16 games of stats and claim they totally apply to a guy who only played 12?

I see Tannehill as a middle of the pack QB who struggles in clutch situations and is limited in his ability (i.e. deep ball) but underrated as a runner. He is similar to Alex Smith imo but I think Smith has reached his ceiling and Tannehill still can continue to improve.

Improving every year, having ProBowl caliber performances, and still being pretty young all work for him to be on his way. He isn't there yet, but he's getting closer.

I see Tannehill as a middle of the pack QB who struggles in clutch situations and is limited in his ability (i.e. deep ball) but underrated as a runner. He is similar to Alex Smith imo but I think Smith has reached his ceiling and Tannehill still can continue to improve.

That's very fair. I also think Manuel can be just as good as Tannehill. Hopefully, he can seize the moment because his career is on the line.

I'm sure he did have more in that game than any other game. It was a very bad game for him that led to his benching.

And a great game by his O-line.

Duly noted.

I laugh at your facts. Eye test is the only thing that matter. :rolleyes:

Haha :lol: Just to add a little more:

Watkins was targeted a total of 124 times with 65 completions (52.4%) with 5 dropped passes.

Beckham was targeted a total of 129 times with 91 completions (70.1%) with 2 dropped passes.

Since Watkins only had 3 more drops than Beckham, I would think it would be safe to assume there were more off target passes to Watkins than to Beckham

How can you look at 16 games of stats and claim they totally apply to a guy who only played 12?

why not.

you and yours love to point to the Houston game frequently. FTR Tom Brady has had multiple games worse that EJ had in that one game!

Has EJ had a 4 INT game? Brady has had SIX!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

And a great game by his O-line.

I don't want to get into it since there is nothing that can change peoples minds (or even leave doubt). FJ and CJ also only rushed for 95 yards against one of the worst run defenses.

why not.

you and yours love to point to the Houston game frequently. FTR Tom Brady has had multiple games worse that EJ had in that one game!

Has EJ had a 4 INT game? Brady has had at a minimum 2 that I can recall!

Tampa his rookie year I believe. Sorry but figured I'd jump on it since someone else is likely to rub it in your face as hard as they can.

Edited by The Wiz