Sammy had 2nd most uncatchable targets in league in 2014

Also, Wallace is a miserable route runner and Landry is pretty polished. I am guessing that there were more than a few times where Wallace wasn't where he was supposed to be.

True but Landry averaged 9 ypc. That seems unbelievable in today's NFL. Considering he had 463 yards after the catch http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=&type=Receiving&range=AFC&rank=231 , that means his 84 catches went 295 yards in the air, or a total of 3.5 ypa. Tannehill might be the new Captain Checkdown.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK who's in on this with me? Need I start a new thread? I have "Meh" Cassel and Tyrod Taylor and Bills fan-4-life, CBiscuit- who am I missing here?- you got EJ "only 14 games/Doug Marrone is now coaching in Jacksonville" Boyuel. Let's do this. I will take two months off from TBD beginning the date of the opener vs. Indianapolis if EJ wins the competition outright. What will you guys do if you're wrong?

Am I being being named because I won't say EJ is a proven failure?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I almost can't wait for this to just not happen so we can just move on from this topic forever. Telll ya what- if Manuel wins this QB competition outright then I will take a two month sabbatical from TBD. And for the record, I want the Bills to get good QB play and win no matter what. If Manuel ends up being as good as Tannehill was last year- ever- I will do backflips. It's simply not gonna happen.

You do realize through 4 games last year, Manuel and Tannehill were almost identical right?

It's weird to troll so hard on a 25 year old. Oh but I'm an EJ lover because I'm not ready to call a 3rrd year QB a failure. And Boyeul is super sweet dude.

True but Landry averaged 9 ypc. That seems unbelievable in today's NFL. Considering he had 463 yards after the catch http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=&type=Receiving&range=AFC&rank=231 , that means his 84 catches went 295 yards in the air, or a total of 3.5 ypa. Tannehill might be the new Captain Checkdown.

That is pretty insane!!!

I see the point you're trying to make, but Wallace really was dreadful last year - a paragon of not giving a crap.

You do realize through 4 games last year, Manuel and Tannehill were almost identical right?

It's weird to troll so hard on a 25 year old. Oh but I'm an EJ lover because I'm not ready to call a 3rrd year QB a failure. And Boyeul is super sweet dude.

Alright put your money where your mouth is. Need I start a new thread? I have the field, you have Manuel. I am willing to go AWOL from TBD for two months if Manuel wins the job. What are you gonna do if he doesn't?

And as far as Tannehill goes, the irony on this board is INSANE. Look at Tannehill's numbers. Look at how much they've improved each year. If he were our QB, everyone would be in absolute agreement that the arrow is pointing upwards and, although he may never be elite, we sure as hell have a franchise QB. Yet people pick holes in Tannehill's game and make every excuse in the world for Manuel.

And lastly, I never once called Manuel a failure, nor am I ready to declare him one. All I've said is that I am predicting that he will not become our franchise/starting/whatever the hell you wanna call it QB. In other words, I do think he will be looked back on as a failure but I never said he already is one.

And "Boyuel" is a clever nickname though not as good as "Womanuel," which nearly got me banned by the mods. And I would never in a million years call him Boyuel if not for people calling our other QB "Meh Cassel." I just don't understand how every other QB is fair game yet no one can have an opinion on EJ Manuel because Doug Marrone is now the assistant head coach for Jacksonville.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

And "Boyuel" is a clever nickname though not as good as "Womanuel," which nearly got me banned by the mods. And I would never in a million years call him Boyuel if not for people calling our other QB "Meh Cassel." I just don't understand how every other QB is fair game yet no one can have an opinion on EJ Manuel because Doug Marrone is now the assistant head coach for Jacksonville.

I really don't have anything against you personally, but that is one of the most ridiculous paragraphs I've ever read.

I don't know man. Trannyhill? Is that a good one?

I don't think you get it. "Meh" Cassell is a play on him being a pretty boring addition from a fan's perspective -- it's not a personal attack. Your feeble attempts at belittling EJ by calling him a woman or child are simply childish.

I don't think you get it. "Meh" Cassell is a play on him being a pretty boring addition from a fan's perspective -- it's not a personal attack. Your feeble attempts at belittling EJ by calling him a woman or child are simply childish.

No. Boyuel because of how he plays scared. Meh Cassel because he's not that good. Both are indicators of their ability to play football, not a personal attack.

You don't get it either. My issue is that you guys think it's OK to belittle every other QB in the league yet get all defensive when it comes to Manuel. Quite frankly, I agree with you that Cassel is "meh," while I don't believe EJ Manuel to be either an actual woman or a child- it was the first nickname I could think of. The point is that if you're going to make fun of other QB's with nicknames then EJ Manuel certainly deserves one as well. That being said, I think Manuel is lucky if he ever achieves "meh" status in this league.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Also, Wallace is a miserable route runner and Landry is pretty polished. I am guessing that there were more than a few times where Wallace wasn't where he was supposed to be.

there was one pass I remember vividly from the 1st buffalo-miami game last year. Wallace had Corey Graham beaten downfield and was wide open for Tannehilll to hit him for what would have been a TD. Tannehill was just off on the throw, and Graham knocked it down.

No. Boyuel because of how he plays scared. Meh Cassel because he's not that good. Both are indicators of their ability to play football, not a personal attack.

Kind of like how I started calling Trent, TrINT Edwards :thumbsup:

I really don't have anything against you personally, but that is one of the most ridiculous paragraphs I've ever read.

the EJ hate might be seeping into all cognizant thinking.

the Anti EJ'ers are using arguments to support other QB's that they often use to rag on EJ. the conundrum is punny at best!

Easy Metz. you did agree to chill out on the anti EJ rants. don't go back on your word good sir.

the EJ hate might be seeping into all cognizant thinking.

the Anti EJ'ers are using arguments to support other QB's that they often use to rag on EJ. the conundrum is punny at best!

Easy Metz. you did agree to chill out on the anti EJ rants. don't go back on your word good sir.

Not trying to "rant" or "hate." I just thought the best way to end all the bickering would be to make a bet. Do you wanna bet he wins the job? Let's make it fun. I'm already kind of rooting for Taylor anyway so this will make it even more interesting.

Kind of like how I started calling Trent, TrINT Edwards :thumbsup:

not as good as these names

JP LossMan

Robbery Johnson

Doug Flunkie

Dough Boy AVP - actual nickname by the players

Not trying to "rant" or "hate." I just thought the best way to end all the bickering would be to make a bet. Do you wanna bet he wins the job? Let's make it fun. I'm already kind of rooting for Taylor anyway so this will make it even more interesting.

the best way to end the bickering is for you, Chan the few others to stop hammering on EJ and calling him a failure

edit

the problem today is that someone posted a stat that made the guy you (and the cadre of EJ detractors) supported look not so good WRT to accuracy.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

not as good as these names

JP LossMan

Robbery Johnson

Doug Flunkie

Dough Boy AVP - actual nickname by the players

the best way to end the bickering is for you, Chan the few others to stop hammering on EJ and calling him a failure

Don't forget "Trenative!!" That is my all-time favorite.