Sammy had 2nd most uncatchable targets in league in 2014

why not.

you and yours love to point to the Houston game frequently. FTR Tom Brady has had multiple games worse that EJ had in that one game!

Has EJ had a 4 INT game? Brady has had at a minimum 2 that I can recall!

EJ has had a 4 int game. Brady has had two in like 14 years. What's the comparison?

As for, "why not," it's because it makes no sense. It'd be like giving total credit of the entire defense to Brandon Spikes with his limited snap count.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make all the jokes you want but I would bet you $50 he had more uncatchable targets in that Houston game than he did in any other game all season. Robert Woods must've had eight of em. But yes, to your point, he was benched for 12 games so he didn't have a chance to continue sucking in those 12 games. You win.

You would lose the $50. Manuel targeted Watkins 9 times in the Houston game. Watson caught 4. Interestingly enough, 3 of his 5 dropped passes for the season came in the Houston game. So, if you are keeping track, that is 7 catchable balls out of 9 passes. The worst performance goes to Orton in the Green Bay game.

And, if Watson makes those three catches in the Houston game, then Manuel would have had over a 70% completion rate to Watkns in 3 of his 4 games.

Edited by billsfan1959

EJ has had a 4 int game. Brady has had two in like 14 years. What's the comparison?

As for, "why not," it's because it makes no sense. It'd be like giving total credit of the entire defense to Brandon Spikes with his limited snap count.

see my updated post I counted the regular season totals

the count is 6 with a handful of 3 INT games.

the "comparison" is that even the so called greatest (cheaters) have bad games

Tom Brady Loses Game for Patriots, Throws Four ...

www.sportsosphere.com/tom-brady-loses-game-for-patriots...

Tom Brady Loses Game for Patriots, Throws Four Interceptions Tom Brady failed in Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills. He threw a total of four interceptions

see my updated post I counted the regular season totals

the count is 6 with a handful of 3 INT games.

the "comparison" is that even the so called greatest (cheaters) have bad games

Even so, I don't get what Brady has to do with anything. You took a 16 game stat line and applied it to a guy who only played 12. That's wrong. Edited by FireChan

Even so, I don't get what Brady has to do with anything. You took a 16 game stat line and applied it to a guy who only played 12. That's wrong.

Even so? Even so what? are you trying to say something?

don't answer because I'm done discussing this with you. buh bye

Wait! Are we suggesting the QB position is important?

And that you might want to line up a good one before moving heaven and earth to move up in the draft for a really good WR?

And that qb would be who?! Thanks for nothing.

Yolo posted stats showing Watkins had the 2nd highest percentage of uncatchable targets and that Beckham had the 2nd lowest percentage of uncatchable targets. That is what this thread is actually about.

Beckham: 129 Targets, 91 receptions (70.5%), 14.3 YPC, 5.3 YAC per reception, 12 TDs (13% of receptions), 2 dropped passes

Watkins: 124 Targets, 65 receptions (52.4%), 15.1 YPC, 5.2 YAC per reception, 6 TDs (10% of receptions), 5 dropped passes

They both made a number of great catches on poorly thrown balls, so, they both have the ability to go after and catch bad passes. Given that and looking at comparable stats, IMO, I think the stats re uncatchable targets are legitimate and the primary difference between the two.

You would lose the $50. Manuel targeted Watkins 9 times in the Houston game. Watson caught 4. Interestingly enough, 3 of his 5 dropped passes for the season came in the Houston game. So, if you are keeping track, that is 7 catchable balls out of 9 passes. The worst performance goes to Orton in the Green Bay game.

And, if Watson makes those three catches in the Houston game, then Manuel would have had over a 70% completion rate to Watkns in 3 of his 4 games.

And the Bills would probably have won that game.

Yolo posted stats showing Watkins had the 2nd highest percentage of uncatchable targets and that Beckham had the 2nd lowest percentage of uncatchable targets. That is what this thread is actually about.

Beckham: 129 Targets, 91 receptions (70.5%), 14.3 YPC, 5.3 YAC per reception, 12 TDs (13% of receptions), 2 dropped passes

Watkins: 124 Targets, 65 receptions (52.4%), 15.1 YPC, 5.2 YAC per reception, 6 TDs (10% of receptions), 5 dropped passes

They both made a number of great catches on poorly thrown balls, so, they both have the ability to go after and catch bad passes. Given that and looking at comparable stats, IMO, I think the stats re uncatchable targets are legitimate and the primary difference between the two.

Sammy made some jaw dropping catches - I can watch it over and over and wonder how the heck he managed to catch that pass. Woods had a few like that as well. I think Beckham is the real deal but his catch that was proclaimed the most amazing catch on NFL history is slight hyperbole. He also tried to say he played all year with two pulled hamstrings whereas his GM said that wasn't true. Meanwhile Sammy played with a variety of injuries and never said a word. I don't know if either player is better than the other right now but the narrative of Beckham being a God is getting somewhat annoying.

One of the major reasons that Sammy's target % was low is because he had so very few bubble screens and the sort, which are automatic completions for the most part. One of the reasons for that was his rib injury I imagine. The major reason for that however was that Marrone was an imbecile.

That's very fair. I also think Manuel can be just as good as Tannehill. Hopefully, he can seize the moment because his career is on the line.

I almost can't wait for this to just not happen so we can just move on from this topic forever. Telll ya what- if Manuel wins this QB competition outright then I will take a two month sabbatical from TBD. And for the record, I want the Bills to get good QB play and win no matter what. If Manuel ends up being as good as Tannehill was last year- ever- I will do backflips. It's simply not gonna happen.

I almost can't wait for this to just not happen so we can just move on from this topic forever. Telll ya what- if Manuel wins this QB competition outright then I will take a two month sabbatical from TBD. And for the record, I want the Bills to get good QB play and win no matter what. If Manuel ends up being as good as Tannehill was last year- ever- I will do backflips. It's simply not gonna happen.

How are we going to see your backflips if you're on a sabbatical? YouTube?

That's hard to argue. Although Robert Woods was targeted 12 times and ended up with 3 catches for 17 yards in that game. I've never seen a stat line like that one. I don't think defending EJ's performance in the Houston game is going to get you anywhere. But I do appreciate you looking that up.

How are we going to see your backflips if you're on a sabbatical? YouTube?

OK who's in on this with me? Need I start a new thread? I have "Meh" Cassel and Tyrod Taylor and Bills fan-4-life, CBiscuit- who am I missing here?- you got EJ "only 14 games/Doug Marrone is now coaching in Jacksonville" Boyuel. Let's do this. I will take two months off from TBD beginning the date of the opener vs. Indianapolis if EJ wins the competition outright. What will you guys do if you're wrong?

One of the major reasons that Sammy's target % was low is because he had so very few bubble screens and the sort, which are automatic completions for the most part. One of the reasons for that was his rib injury I imagine. The major reason for that however was that Marrone was an imbecile.

Agreed 100%. That play is the reason he got picked 4th overall and yet we used it, what, 3-4 times all season?

That's hard to argue. Although Robert Woods was targeted 12 times and ended up with 3 catches for 17 yards in that game. I've never seen a stat line like that one. I don't think defending EJ's performance in the Houston game is going to get you anywhere. But I do appreciate you looking that up.

OK who's in on this with me? Need I start a new thread? I have "Meh" Cassel and Tyrod Taylor and Bills fan-4-life, CBiscuit- who am I missing here?- you got EJ "only 14 games/Doug Marrone is now coaching in Jacksonville" Boyuel. Let's do this. I will take two months off from TBD beginning the date of the opener vs. Indianapolis if EJ wins the competition outright. What will you guys do if you're wrong?

Agreed 100%. That play is the reason he got picked 4th overall and yet we used it, what, 3-4 times all season?

I want to clarify, I'm not making any grand predictions myself, all I hope for, for the sake of the team long term, is that one of the younger guys wins the competition handily, and that the book is not finished on EJ, or Tyrod for that matter.

I just want to make sure I see the backflips if they happen :D

I want to clarify, I'm not making any grand predictions myself, all I hope for, for the sake of the team long term, is that one of the younger guys wins the competition handily, and that the book is not finished on EJ, or Tyrod for that matter.

I just want to make sure I see the backflips if they happen :D

The backflips was kind of a Jerky Boys reference. I will be elated. I will definitely do cartwheels. If EJ Manuel ever throws for 4,000 yards and 27 TD's in a season, a) I will do cartwheels in my backyard, start a youtube account, post it on youtube and send everyone on here the link and b) the Bills would win the Super Bowl with that type of production from the QB position so we would have that going for us too.

Edited by metzelaars_lives