Tom Brady Big Times Obama

judman

Apparently a "family obligation" will keep Tommy Boy away from the white house during upcoming the pats* celebratory visit. The story (link) has some funny comments attached to it (my favorite was that Tom heard the white house was serving first lady approved school lunches). The author suggests Tommy may be resentful of WH spox Josh Earnest's comments regarding #deflategate back in January.

Taking bets. How long till someone says something inappropriate, and this gets moved to PPP?

Damn't Joe! Someone will eventually bad mouth BO or drop a racism bomb on Brady, you've just gotta let it play out naturally.

"We salute the rank, not the man."

Classless move by Brady, IMO.

Precisely. Very classless. I find it funny how disrespectful people in this country can be towards its leader. No matter whom that man, or woman is, respect where respect is due.

It's no different than when Tim Thomas snubbed the WH. But they're both based out of Boston, so I guess I'm not too surprised.

Edited by 87168

Well that significantly deflated my hate for Brady. Good on him.

I agree with your take on Brady, but not so much for "good on him", that oh so uber hip 2015 version of "good for him". Fingernails on chalkboard for me.....

Imo it's low rent. No matter who it is it should be an honor to meet the president.

It's a whiny move and it disrespects the country.

I'm sure Obama would have been happy to spend a few minutes chatting with brady. Brady could have told Obama face to face if something is bothering him... but I'm sure it's basically "durr durr durr"

I've never understood why anyone gives a ****. The President (whoever it is) is usually just a fake ass figurehead who won a popularity contest and is now abusing power that was never legitimately granted to him to enrich himself and his friends. Why is he due all this respect again?

This^^^^^.

I've also read elsewhere that Brady's a Republican, which is consistent with his move here (maybe he and Joe "You Lie!" What's His Name from South Carolina can go hang out some time).

I really can't understand that attitude. Very disrespectful. I couldn't stand W Bush, but I'd never think about turning down an invitation to the WH even if he was the occupant giving it.

Completely agree. This decision dropped Brady in my eyes even more than before. And seeing all the comments below that article indicate he has fine company in this great nation of ours.

What happened to "Love it, or leave it"?

Maybe that only applies when a republican is president?

As states above, it is immaterial which party he/she belongs too.