• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"So come what may, Ill not upset

My cheerful happiness of mind.

Dejection never brings me what I want;

My virtue will be warped and marred by it.

If theres a remedy when trouble strikes,

What reason is there for dejection?

And if there is no help for it,

What use is there in being glum?"

-Shantideva

Hi all,

I have an update from Brenda and will post below. Thank you again to Tony for originally posting Even though we live 5 minutes apart, I had never met Rick. But Bills fan are one big family right?

Again, if anyone would like to help them out by getting a dinner or something like that, PM me or Tony( Mr Info) and we can help with details, picking things up etc. below is mail from Brenda.

PL.

You can post an update on Rick. Prayers are always welcome. I guess they are still trying to find the root cause of his paralysis and did some tests today because he was running a fever. It seems the leukemia is 'acting' up so the time they thought they had to fix one problem is now going to have to shift to refocus on his existing problem. Hope to get some definite answers this week.

Hi all,

I have an update from Brenda and will post below. Thank you again to Tony for originally posting Even though we live 5 minutes apart, I had never met Rick. But Bills fan are one big family right?

Again, if anyone would like to help them out by getting a dinner or something like that, PM me or Tony( Mr Info) and we can help with details, picking things up etc. below is mail from Brenda.

PL.

You can post an update on Rick. Prayers are always welcome. I guess they are still trying to find the root cause of his paralysis and did some tests today because he was running a fever. It seems the leukemia is 'acting' up so the time they thought they had to fix one problem is now going to have to shift to refocus on his existing problem. Hope to get some definite answers this week.

As a quick update to this. I visited Rick yesterday and while I was there, Rick's brother Chuck and his parents (who Chuck drove down from Fredonia) along with Brenda stopped by. As Brenda indicated through Paul's message, they are still trying to determine the cause of Rick's fever. They are also investigating other opportunities for Rick such as the Transverse Myelitis Center at Johns Hopkins along with Roswell Park. But Rick has to get healthier before these can be considered.

• 2 weeks later...