Who do you want to play in home opener, and when?

Home opener opponent  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you want as the home opener?

• Jets
    • Pats
    • Dolphins
    • Texans
    • Bengals
    • Colts
    • Giants
    • Cowboys
  2. 2. When do you want the home opener played?

• TNF
    • SNF
    • MNF
    • Sunday at 1pm
    • Sunday at 4pm

I would like an NFC road game week 1 (Philly?) and then home opener week 2 on MNF vs. Pats. That place would be ridonkulous. Prefer SNF but that game tends to be more ratings-centric lately than MNF. I think we might have better chance for prime time on MNF. Also want to get Pats as early as possible.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I want to open the season at the Pats on that Thursday Night. Maybe I am feeling over confident but I think that the Bills are a BRUTAL match up for them at this point (crazy to think that). The way to beat Brady is to get pressure up the middle. The Bills can do that and Rex is an ideal guy to dial up those exotic blitz schemes. In addition, the Bills have weapons all over the field and the Pats lost their top 2 corners including the guy that is arguably the best in the game.

There is nothing that would be more satisfying than to go in there as they raise a banner and physically dominate them for 60 minutes.

The only reason I wouldn't want prime time game is for all of you who are going to the tailgate and probably prefer the Sunday afternoon game.

I want to open the season at the Pats on that Thursday Night. Maybe I am feeling over confident but I think that the Bills are a BRUTAL match up for them at this point (crazy to think that). The way to beat Brady is to get pressure up the middle. The Bills can do that and Rex is an ideal guy to dial up those exotic blitz schemes. In addition, the Bills have weapons all over the field and the Pats lost their top 2 corners including the guy that is arguably the best in the game.

There is nothing that would be more satisfying than to go in there as they raise a banner and physically dominate them for 60 minutes.

But what about the poll question, Kirby. :nana: Who do you want to open with at "home."

Edited by YoloinOhio

The only reason I wouldn't want prime time game is for all of you who are going to the tailgate and probably prefer the Sunday afternoon game.

But what about the poll question, Kirby. :nana: Who do you want to open with at "home."

Ha ha, I'm an idiot. I didn't even know how to vote properly.

I guess that I am going to say the Texans at 1:00. If you are coming off a huge emotional game at NE (as I am hoping) I would like the next game to be against an opponent that you should beat. In addition, I don't want it to be some game that has a lot of side stories and everything else. If you show up and play good defense at home you will win that game.

P.S. That is a tough home schedule.

actually if Hoyer ends up starting for houston he might have his own version of PTSD coming back to the Ralph.

That is the main reason that I selected Houston. I don't think that Hoyer or Mallet can come into RWS and move the ball against the Bills defense. I may be wrong but I don't see it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

i wouldnt complain about rex being able to dial up a few surprises too. pats on the road has to be one of the toughest games we have, so hitting it out of the gate might be an ideal.

i wouldnt complain about rex being able to dial up a few surprises too. pats on the road has to be one of the toughest games we have, so hitting it out of the gate might be an ideal.

I would love to get that game out of the way too, I think week 1 you see a lot of upsets because teams don't have film on you and that would be a big advantage for us vs Belichik. He will not have much to go on to prepare for our offense. But I just can't see nbc putting the bills in that showcase game. I'd be shocked if it happened.

Jacksonville in London.

That game is already scheduled for 10/25. Also it is an away game for us. Edited by YoloinOhio

Patriots on Sunday at 1:00

They seem to always start slow and they wouldn't know what to expect out of our offense. I expect our defense to be ready by then.

Last time we opened with the Pats on Sunday at 1, EJ played very well but our crappy D blew the game.

I'd like to see the same game, with the same results from EJ, but with our current D. I'll take that over my first choice.

So I was just thinking about the Houston game. If EJ wins the starting job, do you think he will have PTSD against Watt?

I actually don't. Hopefully someone will block him this time around.

and not call such a stupid play. That play was just a shoot the ball out as soon as you can play. EJ should have done and audible and changed the play. but our OC never should have called that. you have a chance to score 3 but you give the other team 7.

A opener against New England would mean...

Back to back regular season games in New England... Wk 17 from 2014 and Wk 1 2015.

Seeing as we won the week 17 meeting, albeit against backups half the time, an opening weekend win would be back to back home losses vs the same team... I wonder if that's ever happened in the current era New England...

I don't believe in jinxes. Its just speculation.

Since my family can only make a sunday game ( still in the works (hello Mr Rubeo :worthy: )

i would be quite pleased to have that as the home opener.

I voted the Pats.

I think the Bills will be so fresh and fired up on defense that bad things man Bad Things!!

But then i considered the Offense and quite a large few of the players have not played together yet.

If its week one i might pick Jets or Miami. or dont care. just get up and rolling.

but if its week two. I for sure want a division game! and the Pats all the better.

Go Bills !

19-0 for the Senator !!!!

Jets - like to start the season with an easy win.

This game isn't so easy anymore Jets looking real good with there additions.

I voted for Pats in Ring Ceremony game. Pats usually are rusty to start the season. I can see us coming in there and ruining there ring ceremony game. Pats won't know what's coming at them with all our new additions to our offense. I can see us winning that game easily 31-20. # Statement Game.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I will choose the Pats as week 1/home opener until Brady retires. It immediately tells us if we are for real or not, imo.

Jets - like to start the season with an easy win.

Some would say the Jets are the better team.

Edited by Dorkington

I want Sunday, 1 pm @ Jets. The Rex game will be crazy anyway, as will the opening game, I'd rather kill two birds with one stone than have them all jacked up for a random game in October.

Then Pats, 1 pm home opener at the Ralph week 2. I want prime time as much as the next person, but I'd rather the game be a 1 o'clock in hopes to catching them on a hangover coming off the season opener.

Get out of the gate 2-0 in the division, with a head to head win over NE and a road win knocked off.

Edited by Chuck Wagon