Niners sign Erik Pears

there_is_a_god.jpg

I think you're a little quick to celebrate. It's similar to what Rob told Mikey in the movie Swingers. You've hated Pears for so long, when that hatred goes away over time, you're going to miss that hatred. Just wait, a couple years from now you'll be calling for the Bills to sign him to a 1 day contract to retire as a Bill so you can go to his retirement announcement and heckle him about being a giant turd as a tackle/guard.

I think you're a little quick to celebrate. It's similar to what Rob told Mikey in the movie Swingers. You've hated Pears for so long, when that hatred goes away over time, you're going to miss that hatred. Just wait, a couple years from now you'll be calling for the Bills to sign him to a 1 day contract to retire as a Bill so you can go to his retirement announcement and heckle him about being a giant turd as a tackle/guard.

:lol: You might be right. :beer:

I don't know what the big deal is, he is better at his job than any of you are at yours. He was a decent RT for a couple years for us, and mistakenly got played in a position he wasn't as good at... And accepted the switch, to help the team, at his own detriment. And now is name is a laughing stock? Work hard in your life, and maybe, you'll only be 5x the "failure" he is, guys.

I don't know what the big deal is, he is better at his job than any of you are at yours. He was a decent RT for a couple years for us, and mistakenly got played in a position he wasn't as good at... And accepted the switch, to help the team, at his own detriment. And now is name is a laughing stock? Work hard in your life, and maybe, you'll only be 5x the "failure" he is, guys.

:lol: That's absurd and impossible to know.

That`s right.

well.

He wasnt that good at tackle either. He was always serviceable and sometimes better sometimes worse.

But he did play hard. i always saw that. so i myself would never disrespect the man. and i am never a fan of hating on Bills players regardless.

Best wishes Erik is all can say

ps i am really shotty at my job so you are spot on about me anyways

Edited by 3rdand12

good luck in San Fran erik

Pears was so frustrating to watch this past season. he would get beat during the play and then would always take a cheap shot right after. He got a few flags for it.

Having said that i wish him luck in SF. Go get paid and enjoy living in an awesome city.

Santa Clara? Aren't they like 30 miles from SF, now? I've wanted to go to SF for a few years, now, sounds like a cool city.

This is a telltale sign that Marrone is a bozo.

Pears was a serviceable RT. Marrone changes the blocking scheme and moves Pears to guard, where he is a failure.

Apparently, there are other teams out there that think he is still a decent RT, and recognize what Marrone did to him.

Lord knows what other damage "moron" did. He ruined Spiller, The OL line and IMHO EJ. Hopefully with a decent coach EJ can turn it around.

Pears was a serviceable RT. Marrone changes the blocking scheme and moves Pears to guard, where he is a failure.

Apparently, there are other teams out there that think he is still a decent RT, and recognize what Marrone did to him.

I agree. Also, given that the FO has not done a ton w/ the OL this offseason, makes me think that the new coaches and Whaley believe that the O-line is not that far off.

This.

Pears was no all-pro, but he was serviceable for us while he was here.

Moving him inside to Guard made no sense at all.

The 49'ers got a decent RT who has been in the league for a long time and still has some game left in him.

I wish him well.

@ChrisTrapasso: If I *had* to attribute one player to #Bills not going 10-6 / making playoffs in 2015...it'd be Erik Pears. He's an All-Pro play killer.

Opinion of Trapasso just dropped. It's silly to attribute Bills record to one player. And if it weren't silly, it would be silly to attribute it to Pears, who is not the one who decided to move himself to guard.

Pretty much, This.

I agree , Pears was ok when Levitre was LG and Urbik at RG . He needs to go back to RT on a good OL and he would be better.

Marrone needed a good LG to replace Levitre but he made a mess of the whole line instead.

Edited by ALF