WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

If you signed Clay it would save you like $2.25-$2.5M (not sure of the exact number). You can draft a guy to be your 2nd TE or use Gray in that role.

I see Chandler as being decent alternative to Clay. It's Clay and Gray who are similar. Chandler would still be a redzone target and I think there would be no reason to release him. Gray and Gragg can fight it out for the #3 but Clay is more of a split TE, HB, hybrid guy who can also play inline but probably won't all that much.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you signed Clay it would save you like $2.25-$2.5M (not sure of the exact number). You can draft a guy to be your 2nd TE or use Gray in that role.

I only ditch chandler if there's an immediate need for the funds though. I think his contract is an ok value - just isn't good enough to be your #3 target on offense. As a 4 or 5 option he's got a ton of potential

I see Chandler as being decent alternative to Clay. It's Clay and Gray who are similar. Chandler would still be a redzone target and I think there would be no reason to release him. Gray and Gragg can fight it out for the #3 but Clay is more of a split TE, HB, hybrid guy who can also play inline but probably won't all that much.

Agree in terms of style but I don't see Chandler staying at that figure as the #2 TE. That seems to be the sentiment out there. Despite his stature he really isn't a RZ threat. I could see the Bills using those savings to finish the roster building. They can draft a big bodied TE in the late rounds that can fill the Chandler role.

Yuck. This dude is a cancer.

As is the case with many cancers, a one year deal is a great deal to sign for a team. In their first year a cancer is a great player in order to rack up stats which endear him to a vocal segment of the fan base and ingratiate himself with half his teammates.

He cannot be a cancer immediately by definition in his first year because he cannot divide the team until he enlists te support of ether half the team or some critical mass.

Cancer players need not scare you if you have a plan and ability to deal with it.

Actually I am happy bout risking future for a real playoff run in 2015 w/ Harvin producing for 2 win favor

Was looking at NFL.com story "Where will Percy Land"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477119/article/new-england-patriots-lead-percy-harvin-landing-spots

They think with the Pats #1. The Bills #2, but the Bills blurb says this:

"Our concern is that Harvin might be too similar in skill set to Sammy Watkins, another dangerous ball carrier limited to bubble screens, crossers and the occasional go route."

I'm ok with them comparing him to Sammy, but I was surprised to see the "limited to bubble screens, crossers and the occasional go route" in regards to Sammy. I don't think we even saw the best of Sammy

last year, and yet I don't remember him being used on only bubble screens and crossers, am I wrong? I mean what routes are they saying he can't run? Outs, hooks? Just found that odd.

As to Percy...as others have said, if its an easy contract for the Bills to get out of if things don't work out, I'm all for it. That would be a heck of a lot of playmakers on the field at one time. Who do you double?

Can't shade shady and double Sammy and double Percy and even if you could, remember Rex saying when (with the Jets) they doubled Sammy, "That sucker killed us." meaning Robert Woods. And add in Clay,

Freddy, Felton, Bryce, Boobie, Chandler, and Hogan. That is one solid set of skill players. Plus we'd keep the Pats from getting him. What kind of havoc could he create in the Welker/Edelman role for Brady?

How interested are the Bills in signing him? Does anyone have a guess?

Super serious? Serious? Casual interest?

Well FA just started on the 11th and he's visiting on the 12th so they're probably serious.

Absolutely, "limited to bubble screens" is an idiotic assessment of Watkins. Honestly, I'm pretty sure he didn't run a single bubble screen all year.

I don't recall seeing one either, but we SHOULD have. He does it exceedingly well. Maybe the injuries he played with is why we didn't. Hopefully, that is incorporated into the plan this season.

A ton of talent and a ton of headaches, we are all in this year so might as well

The problem is is his talent has never lead to consistent results - likely because of his ego (and his injuries...) When a guy can't reach his full potential and is a known cancer I'm not sure that talk of his talent is really that relevant. He's a player that everybody drools over because of his athletic ability but he never pans out because of his attitude. If his production warranted it teams would overlook his bad attitude, yet here we are and 3 teams have cut bait on the guy.

Yet there is always a team/coach who thinks they can "turn it around." I hope it's not the Bills because his production doesn't warrant the headaches.

What's funny is if the bills sign him the talking heads all say it's a huge risk and he is not worth the trouble, but if the patriots sign him it's considered an excellent move!

I don't think that's too far off the mark. Where is he more likely to cause problems, with Brady leading the O in NE or with Cassell/EJ throwing him the ball in Buffalo (where he'd be behind Watkins on the depth chart.) All landing spots are not created equal. If Harvin could prosper anywhere it's in the short passing attack of NE led by a future HoF QB.