WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth the chance, in my opinion. Do it!

Agreed. People forget how unbelievably good he is when healthy and plugged into an offense. We wouldn't have to lean on him either. At a price we can afford, he would put the offense talent over the edge. We do still need another 2 OLman, a TE, and a few Rex filler-picks on D. If we can do all of that...go for it.

I mean, with Bob Woods, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, and Charles Clay running routes and Shady running behind what will hopefully be a good line....I believe even Matt Cassel could have success.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

Disagree with just about all of this (except for the clay and guard part.) Harvin isnt versitile, he is very limited in what hes able to do and was upset when Seattle didnt use him as a complete WR. Also, if I were to round out this WR group it would be with a bugger red zone target, not a gadget player. Even if the Bills land Clay they could still use another big target (and Clay isnt that big...)

I do think that the speed Harvin would bring along with his ability to run the ball out of different formations brings a good element to the offense. I wouldn't bring him in for any significant money but for a modest 3 million dollar a year offer it could add a lot to the offense. In the draft the team could find a big target.

I actually really love the idea of this. Harvin is dangerous on those jet sweeps and screens. Sammy also. Then you have McCoy in the backfield. Clay at TE.

Roman an innovative coach in the run game.

Yup. I really like this idea too. This could be quite a diverse and innovative run attack which could set up a lot of mismatches.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Watkins, Woods and Harvin would be amazing!!

Now go and find a starting QB. Matt Moore ahem!!

Imo

There was a report just now that the Bills called Moore today in case Cassell failed the physical, and that he was the top choice until they found out Cassell could be had in small trade. But now Moore is not on radar. Who knows how true those separate reports are.

He would be a perfect fit in Roman's offense. Combine that with his unbelievable talent and you'd be stupid to take a moral high horse.

What he said - this guy was inches short of 1000 yards and 6 TD's just a few years ago, and a dangerous returner on top of that. If we can pick him up cheap, he fills Spillers return role, and instantly becomes a concern to the opposing defense. He does bring more risk than Incognito, IMHO, but hey - life is short - go for it! I'm loving this off-season!

If you get a chance to add a player that can do that damage in space -DO IT!!! Harvin can fill the role that Spiller should have filled for the last few years. Screens, jet sweeps, returns and he can just be a playmaker. You'll have to respect the speed which opens the running game up. Makes total sense IMO.

He would be a perfect fit in Roman's offense. Combine that with his unbelievable talent and you'd be stupid to take a moral high horse.

I don't think it's so much a moral high horse as it is a concern for problems he might cause. It's a legitimate cause for concern when 3 teams in 2 years get rid of a player with his talent.

I don't think it's so much a moral high horse as it is a concern for problems he might cause. It's a legitimate cause for concern when 3 teams in 2 years get rid of a player with his talent.

Very true. That concern is greatly lessened however if the team he just played on is your coach now, as well as his WR coach.