SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. You win the lines of scrimmage you have a great chance to win games. I'd love to get him.

The gap in pressures allowed from the top 2-3 guards vs say 10th is normally pretty minimal but the gap in pay is pretty large. I'd rather the money go elsewhere and get simply a strong vet not the elite guard.

Not for the money he'll be looking for. Not worth locking that much $ up for an OG. Sign Hughes and Searcy...extend Bradham and Dareus.

This. He's a great player, but not a top pass blocker. With the money he will command, I'd draft a guard in the second round. Keeping Dareus, Hughes and Searcy is more important. (and Bradham).

I hate the idea of paying a G a ton of money. But 2 years ago, he was the best G in football. He would be closer to worth the money than Levitre.

As long as the Pegulas don't feel the same way. If the guard is really good, pay him.

I've never understood why fans are so concerned about the money in contracts. Pegula has billions, the NFL is a money making machine, just spend on the right players. I don't care how much.

The gap in pressures allowed from the top 2-3 guards vs say 10th is normally pretty minimal but the gap in pay is pretty large. I'd rather the money go elsewhere and get simply a strong vet not the elite guard.

I think you are right but those middle level/middle pay grade guards aren't your choices in FA. It's mostly scrubs and stars that teams don't want to pay.

The Bills decision to not pay Levitre was penny-wise and pound foolish but what it really spotlighted was their inability to find guard talent in the draft.

And I think the influx of giant, playmaking DT's in recent years has made the guard/center positions a bit harder to adequately stock.

Not going to be mad if we sign him but would rather make better signing our own dudes and effienctly finding an OG.

If we move to a 34 AGAIN, then we'll need more LBs. Wouldn't be a waste of money at all.

no. Will: Alonso, Jack: Broown. Mikke: Spikes or ? Sam: Bradham.