Old Timers vs. New Dogs in the Bills world and TBD...

Well, the last couple of days proves one thing around here in TBD...

A lot of us old fans do not embrace this kind of change or are use to being in the spotlight much.

I am really not use to seeing the Bills being the main point of conversation in the sports world. The Bills were on ESPN Extra, ESPN, and Mad Dog Sports all day the past 2 days.

I have really sat back and took a look at things instead of fighting with some people on here. The Bills GOT to make changes, this is very true. I guess only time will tell if we were right. But you got to like, for once, our front office having some balls.

I will never take anything away from Mr. Wilson. I loved the man and always will speak highly for keeping our Bills here. I will always thank the family for finding us the right owner that wants the team here. But Ralph's ways were not how the NFL is today and it clearly showed guys.

Lets all support our team. Doug and Rex and making waves guys, we needed this to happen. We got some good receivers, a GREAT D, and a hell of a running back (2 of them now!), not only do D's have to contend with McCoy, they got Jackson right there also! A Big O line and we got this. This will keep a lot of pressure off our weak QB situation, even if it will be weak at all.

Free Agency 2015 is not even here yet guys. More to come from One Bills Drive!

Go Bills!

I love the rich history of the Buffalo Bills and have the utmost respect for the success Ralph, Bill, Jim and co. reached. But I am tired of living in the past. Everyone refers to the 90's, living on the great successes that just aren't here any more. I cannot wait for a day when media and fans can stop rooting for games/players that happened 20+ years ago and we can finally endure some modern success to celebrate

And some of us don't even remember the 90s success... (I am just about old enough to but didn't "find" the game of American Football until my university days in about 2002) so the Bills being big news is certainly a new experience. But frankly I don't really care if we are making waves in the off-season... what I care about is us making the play-offs. I think we are close, I really feel as though this team is better than it has been at any point since I started watching. Yes, we may be no further along at the Quarterback position, as we recycle through back up level Quarterbacks, however everywhere else this roster looks ready to compete. Are we perfect? No. Do we need upgrades at 3 or 4 positions? Sure. However, this team is close. I just hope Rex can help get us over the line.

If you're a Bills fan and you're not having fun with all of this, then I just don't know what to say. Like the moves or not, the Bills are RELEVANT again.

This is definitely great...one more comment about the 90s and all who experienced it....The Bills were constantly in the news and being talked about. It was fantastic. Here's to it happening again.

Feels good to walk in to work and have people ask about the Bills.

Imagine how great it's going to be when they're talking about our first SuperBowl Victory!

A lot of us old fans do not embrace this kind of change or are use to being in the spotlight much.

I am really not use to seeing the Bills being the main point of conversation in the sports world. The Bills were on ESPN Extra, ESPN, and Mad Dog Sports all day the past 2 days.

Tom Donahoe, so soon forgotten. How'd that last period of relevance taste?

If you're a Bills fan and you're not having fun with all of this, then I just don't know what to say. Like the moves or not, the Bills are RELEVANT again.

Exactly.

It is a nice change!

And I love watching all the analysts talk about the Bills because you know they hate giving them any kind of attention lol

It's almost like they are saying "do we really have to talk about the Bills?"

I love it

CBF

People have short memories! The main point hammered on this site for years was Ralph is cheap, the Bills wont be relevant until Ralph is gone. Guess what? Ralph was cheap & Ralph is gone. Welcome to a new era of Bills football!

They certainly do. I was reading at this very site 3 years ago about how we "won the offseason" after signing Mario and Mark Anderson, and re-signing SJ...

Well, the last couple of days proves one thing around here in TBD...

I have really sat back and took a look at things instead of fighting with some people on here. The Bills GOT to make changes, this is very true. I guess only time will tell if we were right. But you got to like, for once, our front office having some balls.

I will never take anything away from Mr. Wilson. I loved the man and always will speak highly for keeping our Bills here. I will always thank the family for finding us the right owner that wants the team here. But Ralph's ways were not how the NFL is today and it clearly showed guys.

Lets all support our team. Doug and Rex and making waves guys, we needed this to happen. We got some good receivers, a GREAT D, and a hell of a running back (2 of them now!), not only do D's have to contend with McCoy, they got Jackson right there also! A Big O line and we got this. This will keep a lot of pressure off our weak QB situation, even if it will be weak at all.

Free Agency 2015 is not even here yet guys. More to come from One Bills Drive!

Go Bills!

Well said. These are not the "same old Bills"....

They certainly do. I was reading at this very site 3 years ago about how we "won the offseason" after signing Mario and Mark Anderson, and re-signing SJ...

And with every silver lining there is a cloud.... :rolleyes:

Mario was the biggest thing to hit the Bills since the Bledsoe trade; fans were understandably juiced. It's still different than what has transpired with this team since the end of the season.

People have short memories! The main point hammered on this site for years was Ralph is cheap, the Bills wont be relevant until Ralph is gone. Guess what? Ralph was cheap & Ralph is gone. Welcome to a new era of Bills football!

Actually the Bills are relevant because our new owner isn't afraid to spend money. If someone like Tommy "Sugar Packets" Golisano owned the Bills, we'd still be a nickel and dime organization.

But... who... hired Whaley!

Buddy Nix.

And with every silver lining there is a cloud.... :rolleyes:

Trolls gotta troll.

I was thinking about this subject the other day and a couple of months ago about how much they have been in the news since Buddy was GM, I think I even referred to the Donahue era. I hope we are relevant again, I really hope so, there have been a lot of moves that I have questioned in the last few months though. Talk is cheap, Superbowls or bust baby! Show us that long gestating baby already! At this point in my life, I just hope to see it before I die.

Exactly.

It is a nice change!

And I love watching all the analysts talk about the Bills because you know they hate giving them any kind of attention lol

It's almost like they are saying "do we really have to talk about the Bills?"

I love it

CBF

Exactly. Plus, Bills fans on this board know more about the team than all those national media guys. Better insights, too. just my opinion.

I am a old dog, a fan since 1980, and I love everything this team has been doing. New owner, new proven coach, star running back, aggressive player pick ups. What's not to like. Now they need another guard and 2 couple tight ends and were ready for the playoffs. The Bills have become relevant in the Media with Rex and Shady!

Great post, much needed and long overdue. I'm old school and I must say that there's a lot to take in right now as a Bills' fan and I'm an action junkie! Talk about wow! One thing is for certain, things are a whole lot different around here since the Pegulas took over! I think I'll leave it at this so nobody, old school, new school, gets offended. Respect the past, enjoy the present and embrace the future.

Go Bills!

I am a old dog, a fan since 1980, and I love everything this team has been doing. New owner, new proven coach, star running back, aggressive player pick ups. What's not to like. Now they need another guard and 2 couple tight ends and were ready for the playoffs. The Bills have become relevant in the Media with Rex and Shady!

1980? You must have been seduced by the Talking Proud song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9j9h8KDJSQ

The difference is that I beleve Whaley is trying to build a winner and Donahoe wanted press for himself.

That's not fair to Donohoe. I didn't like him (I think Butler was a much better GM), but he had a plan and he really tried. They were on the cusp - the defense in 2003 and 2004 was arguably better than last year's - but Bledsoe just wasn't good enough.

Whaley came to the Bills in 2010.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000202111/article/doug-whaley-named-general-manager-of-buffalo-bills

Whaley was 25 years old in 1997.

And where did Donahoe work before he came to the Bills? Was it (gasp) coincidentally where Whaley scouted for most of his career so far?

Cripes, guys, it's not that hard to google one name.

And where did Donahoe work before he came to the Bills? Was it (gasp) coincidentally where Whaley scouted for most of his career so far?

Cripes, guys, it's not that hard to google one name.

Ah, now I get it, Donahoe hired him on Pittsburgh in 1997. Donahoe left in 1999.

Aside from Donahoe's questionable personel moves, his two coaching hires were awful.