Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Mike Garafalo and FoxSports1 the Bills and McCoy are close or agreed to a new contract. It's expected to be signed before the trade is official on Tuesday

Here is a tweet so you don't get called out for no proof :rolleyes:

WGR 550 @WGR550 4m4 minutes ago

---> RT @MikeGarafolo: Sources tell @FOXSports1 LeSean McCoy and Bills are close on new contract. Expected to be agreed to before Tues.

0 replies 22 retweets 14 favorites

@SalSports: Again, @RosenhausSports (Shady's agent) has always had a good relationship with the Bills. This McCoy stuff was never really an issue

The bills seem to work very well with him- consistently. Can't remember any issues off hand

But then what will he hold out over?!?

Dinner at Tempo?

The guy is a traitor. Already turning his back on the state of Pennsylvania.

First they sign the corrupt State of RI, then Meh Cassel, and now they put the screws to a kid younger than CJ and make him turn his back on his home state! What next... taking Buffalo Wings off the menu? ISFDWTT! :angry:

Dinner at Tempo?

First they sign the corrupt State of RI, then Meh Cassel, and now they put the screws to a kid younger than CJ and make him turn his back on his home state! What next... taking Buffalo Wings off the menu? ISFDWTT! :angry:

you take the wings off the menu? i am so done with this team. seriously this time

@ChrisTrapasso: Why did Bills trade Kiko? During Rex's tenure in NY, Jets were predominantly a two-ILB scheme. Only "semi-timeshare" at ILB was in 2012...

@ChrisTrapasso: ...when snap disparity for ILB next to Harris was Bart Scott, 582 plays...Demario Davis, 315 plays. Every other year two "full-time" ILBs.

@ChrisTrapasso: I'd say it's clear Rex has told #Bills management he believes he has those two "full-time" ILBs in Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham.

Haven't read the last 10 pages or so, but the more I think about it, I think about in my fantasy league for the past 4 years, if LeSean McCoy fell to me, the joy I felt. The fact that he'll be wearing a Bills jersey makes me finally want to drink about the Bills in a way other than to numb myself.

Haven't read the last 10 pages or so, but the more I think about it, I think about in my fantasy league for the past 4 years, if LeSean McCoy fell to me, the joy I felt. The fact that he'll be wearing a Bills jersey makes me finally want to drink about the Bills in a way other than to numb myself.

I made a late season trade for McCoy in my dynasty league (we get to keep two players each year). I traded him straight up for Hilton. That trade is still paying off... :beer:

Of course now I have to decide who to keep from my core of: Luck, Shady, Megatron, and A.Brown.

I made a late season trade for McCoy in my dynasty league (we get to keep two players each year). I traded him straight up for Hilton. That trade is still paying off... :beer:

Of course now I have to decide who to keep from my core of: Luck, Shady, Megatron, and A.Brown.

always and forever ABrown in fantasy football

@ChrisTrapasso: Why did Bills trade Kiko? During Rex's tenure in NY, Jets were predominantly a two-ILB scheme. Only "semi-timeshare" at ILB was in 2012...

@ChrisTrapasso: ...when snap disparity for ILB next to Harris was Bart Scott, 582 plays...Demario Davis, 315 plays. Every other year two "full-time" ILBs.

@ChrisTrapasso: I'd say it's clear Rex has told #Bills management he believes he has those two "full-time" ILBs in Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham.

Far be it from me to question how Ryan sees where his personnel lines up, but I need to be convinced Bradham is best used on the inside. He had some adventures there in '13 when he was platooning with Moats.

GO BILLS!!!

always and forever ABrown in fantasy football

I have to keep 2 out of those 4 though. Normally I'd keep the RB/WR combo, but Luck's numbers make that tough (got him in the 6th round of the draft, he'll go way earlier this next season). A.Brown over Megatron might happen, but how can I cut Shady now? Grrr.

Far be it from me to question how Ryan sees where his personnel lines up, but I need to be convinced Bradham is best used on the inside. He had some adventures there in '13 when he was platooning with Moats.

GO BILLS!!!

The last few games of 2013 he was very good for the most part. Agreed it took him awhile. But once he got his head straight he was a beast. PFF or one of those predicted his breakout season because he was rated so high the last few games.

Also, the fact that when I got the initial text from a friend and I assumed it was Colt McCoy made the truth so much better.

i too felt the cold sweats from the initial glance. McCoy..Bills... NOOOO!!!! Not Colt McCoy! Haha

This trade worries me,

first of all we're getting a player that is vocal about not wanting to come,

secondly that player only has about 2-3 years left in the tank,

thirdly the player that we're trading away wants to be here

fourthly the player we're getting performed like garbage behind a bad line

fifthly runningbacks can be gotten cheap in the draft nowadays, last couple of drafts they didnt start coming off untill 3rd and 4th round

sixthly we'd better be getting a first rounder back with those undisclosed picks

seventhly we've been trying to get pro bowl talent level LB's for years now and when we finally get one we let him go after one season played.

Other thoughts, pro bowl versus pro bowl potential is a wash imho. Once Rex is gone (2-3 years) we'll be regretting this trade badly. Why in the world do we trade away which is arguably one of our best players. I'm struggling to see anything positive coming out of this trade; sure he's a FredEx replacement that is needed but given how well a RB can perform coming out of the draft and Fred having one more year in him that should be ample time to get the WR skills of a draftee up to speed come season 2. LB's take time to develop, having one that performs so well straight out of the draft is rather rare and a show of huge further potential. I know the media and eagles fans are portraying McCoy as the better player but I think that time will proof it to be the other way around. Then the Hughes trade aside, we always seem to get the short end of the straw in these type of deals.

This trade worries me,

first of all we're getting a player that is vocal about not wanting to come,

secondly that player only has about 2-3 years left in the tank,

thirdly the player that we're trading away wants to be here

fourthly the player we're getting performed like garbage behind a bad line

fifthly runningbacks can be gotten cheap in the draft nowadays, last couple of drafts they didnt start coming off untill 3rd and 4th round

sixthly we'd better be getting a first rounder back with those undisclosed picks

seventhly we've been trying to get pro bowl talent level LB's for years now and when we finally get one we let him go after one season played.

Other thoughts, pro bowl versus pro bowl potential is a wash imho. Once Rex is gone (2-3 years) we'll be regretting this trade badly. Why in the world do we trade away which is arguably one of our best players. I'm struggling to see anything positive coming out of this trade; sure he's a FredEx replacement that is needed but given how well a RB can perform coming out of the draft and Fred having one more year in him that should be ample time to get the WR skills of a draftee up to speed come season 2. LB's take time to develop, having one that performs so well straight out of the draft is rather rare and a show of huge further potential. I know the media and eagles fans are portraying McCoy as the better player but I think that time will proof it to be the other way around. Then the Hughes trade aside, we always seem to get the short end of the straw in these type of deals.

Serious post or sarcasm?

Serious post or sarcasm?

No, I'm dead serious, would thrown in a smiley or 2 had I been sarcastic. God knows I can be wrong but those are my honest feelings about this trade even after letting it sink for all this time. As much as I like Bradham as a hard hitter, he's no Alonso. Same goes for Powell. Alonso is something special, dude is everywhere. Sure McCoy is too, so it comes down to whichever is harder to find, in my book that'd be Alonso.

Just looks like a bunch of bladiebla to me...

Which part? His 2.3 average behind an injured line?

No, I'm dead serious, would thrown in a smiley or 2 had I been sarcastic. God knows I can be wrong but those are my honest feelings about this trade even after letting it sink for all this time. As much as I like Bradham as a hard hitter, he's no Alonso. Same goes for Powell. Alonso is something special, dude is everywhere. Sure McCoy is too, so it comes down to whichever is harder to find, in my book that'd be Alonso.

Can I ask where you are pulling that 2.3 from?

Can I ask where you are pulling that 2.3 from?

His azz, apparently.

Here's a linky to his professional stats.

And for those too lazy to click it, here's his Yards per Attempt averages for each year:

2009 4.1

2010 5.2

2011 4.8

2012 4.2

2013 5.1

2014 4.2

Bravo to Bladieba. The defense and opposing runningbacks missed kiko so sorely last year.

Crapping on Mccoys accomplishments at the top rb in ALL OF THE WORLD in rushing and 1st downs over 5 Years is impressive.

Men lie women lie numbers don't

you can pick a guy like that up in the 7th round. I heard they are only about ten cents.