Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

Ohhhhh...I see. We just need someone to wear the equipment and fit on the depth chart. I gotcha. Build - a - winner by 3rd and 12.

The bills placing a very, very high value on running backs is a franchise tradition going back to the 1960s. They've had 22 winning seasons in 55 seasons total.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as one is realistically available, Im sure he'd do whatever it took to land him. You doubt that?

I doubt everything Whaley has done. I thought the Watkins trade was awful and unnecessary given the lack of QB and the quantity of excellent WR's in last years' draft. I thought the hiring of a proven loser Rex Ryan (record 46W-50L) as head coach was a mistake. Now my worst fear is that he trades for Jay Cutler or signs Mark Sanchez.

I can see this as a fair trade for both sides.

-the Bills trade a very promising LB who was drafted in the 2nd round. In his 1 year of accrued season, Alonso was 4th in the NFL in tackles. He missed all of last season due to ACL.

-the Eagles trade a RB who was drafted in the 2nd round. Last year, he was 4th in the NFL. He has 6 seasons with 1 serious injury (concussion in 2012) and has missed very few games.

-the Eagles need to shed salary cap. By trading away McCoy for Alonso, they free up $11M ($12M-$1M)

-the Bills need a feature back to cover up their weakness at QB; they likely want to try the Northern version of Houston Texans "Arian Foster and whoever it is who hands off to him" Offense.

I'm not sure - I'm used to us being "linebacker poor" but it has to be acknowledged we had a top-5 D with Alonso on IR all year. And we don't have to use a top draft pick on an RB now I presume. I always thought we came out on the best side of the Greg Bell - Eric Dickerson - Biscuit Bennett trade. Maybe we'll come out on this one too.

For sure, I don't understand the instant Whaley hate done with the team kneejerkedness. It's not clear at all it's a bad deal for us.

Hopeful i think i should end my tantrum about now.

Bills dont have a line to run behind yet. And the Draft offered some workhorses to fit in with Bryce Boobie and Fred.

Thats not where i would have spent money.

I might be making an offer to Clay before i even thought about this move.

The bills placing a very, very high value on running backs is a franchise tradition going back to the 1960s. They've had 22 winning seasons in 55 seasons total.

er ... Fred was a UDFA. Dixon a cheap FA add. They haven't drafted a RB high in 6 years. This is the best RB they have had since lynch. Maybe Thurman. Edited by YoloinOhio

er ... Fred was a UDFA. Dixon a cheap FA add. They haven't drafted a RB high in 6 years. This is the best RB they have had since lynch. Maybe Thurman.

Frm 1961 through 2010, they spent 11 first round picks on RBs and 6 second round picks. They spent 2 first round picks on qbs in that same timespan. I don't deny that mccoy is a good player; i just don't think that smart teams make the rb a centerpiece. Historically, the bills have. I do agree that a player for player trade isn't the same as spending a first round pick.

Edited by dave mcbride

This was my gut reaction too. He was the DROY, and man I loved watching him play.... I wanted to watch him grow up in the NFL.

But, from an OBJECTIVE viewpoint - which both Rex and Pegula have, if not Whaley - this trade makes sense.

And I have to hand it to Pegula Rex, NO ONE AT OBD IS PUSHING FOR A 7-9 TEAM. No one is saying "winning in the NFL is hard".

They're making informed choices and taking bold risks. Like people on fire to WIN BIG NOW.

I like it.

Why would you doubt that Whaley is objective or that he is leading the organization in seeking trades?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl146j

@josinaanderson

"A source close to McCoy on whether they believe McCoy will make a trade to Buffalo difficult, in light of McCoys initial reaction to the news: "It'll be interesting to see how this process plays itself out because he's an interesting individual. In your mind, when you think of Buffalo you think of cold and losing games. Its not like its the Philadelphia market where youre always on t.v. and youre playing for the division titleIt was unexpected. I'll tell you that much."

Edited by FluffHead

Ohhhhh...I see. We just need someone to wear the equipment and fit on the depth chart. I gotcha. Build - a - winner by 3rd and 12.

hey !

thats hardly my thinking. why call me out?

I have said.

I truly think that Kiko could be a monster if the knee injury(s) are not a concern to the Bills. if they are not then good on them for getting value for a risk.

I am also not cool with the cost of a running back when we have no run game or running game players.

This seems indulgent to me. its alot of money for a team that has a bout 30 mill to play with.

Yes we need a RB. no question.

what is the beef?

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

Every post you've placed on this thread shows your football acumen, so you'll pardon me if I refrain from putting any credence to your nonsensical retort.

Alonso was a playmaker. Always thought his thin frame and the way he throws his body around would lead to a short NFL career but he's young and had an incredible rookie year. Disappointed to see him go. The Bills had a major need at RB and that hole was filled. The defense could have been even more dominant with Alonso. Probably a fair trade for both teams, just think a RB could be found in the draft without giving up one of your young stud playmakers.