Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

Bills give up a good young LB with injury issues for a top 5 RB and some people scream.

Never mind that Buffalo's D is impressive and their O is horrific.

Some people love to whine.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per breaking news from Adam Shefter.

Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.

Doug Whaley likes his shiny toys. Sammy Watkins last year Shady McCoy this year. One of these days he'll get an NFL quality QB.

It's crazy but did we miss Alonso at all last year? I love the dude but after his first 5 games, he wasn't that great.

What a crazy deal. I think McCoy is better at his position than Alsono is at his. Plus the major injury. Man, this is a crazy trade.

Whaley has some big ones. Wow!

I can see this as a fair trade for both sides.

-the Bills trade a very promising LB who was drafted in the 2nd round. In his 1 year of accrued season, Alonso was 4th in the NFL in tackles. He missed all of last season due to ACL.

-the Eagles trade a RB who was drafted in the 2nd round. Last year, he was 4th in the NFL. He has 6 seasons with 1 serious injury (concussion in 2012) and has missed very few games.

-the Eagles need to shed salary cap. By trading away McCoy for Alonso, they free up $11M ($12M-$1M)

-the Bills need a feature back to cover up their weakness at QB; they likely want to try the Northern version of Houston Texans "Arian Foster and whoever it is who hands off to him" Offense.

I'm not sure - I'm used to us being "linebacker poor" but it has to be acknowledged we had a top-5 D with Alonso on IR all year. And we don't have to use a top draft pick on an RB now I presume. I always thought we came out on the best side of the Greg Bell - Eric Dickerson - Biscuit Bennett trade. Maybe we'll come out on this one too.

For sure, I don't understand the instant Whaley hate done with the team kneejerkedness. It's not clear at all it's a bad deal for us.

NOOOOOOO!

Really Rex? You can get running back anywhere, but a Linebacker of this talent. FIRST DUMB MOVE OF REX IN BUFFALO.

This was my gut reaction too. He was the DROY, and man I loved watching him play.... I wanted to watch him grow up in the NFL.

But, from an OBJECTIVE viewpoint - which both Rex and Pegula have, if not Whaley - this trade makes sense.

And I have to hand it to Pegula Rex, NO ONE AT OBD IS PUSHING FOR A 7-9 TEAM. No one is saying "winning in the NFL is hard".

They're making informed choices and taking bold risks. Like people on fire to WIN BIG NOW.

I like it.

Howard WGR @hsimon62 2m2 minutes ago

I was wrong on cap info for mccoy. prorated bonus portion stays in Philly so his cap #'s next 3 years are: 10.25, 7.15 and 7.85.

Howard WGR @hsimon62 1m1 minute ago

Bills can easily lower cap number this season by tacking a year or two on his contract and turning some of his 9.75 base into a bonus

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR 17s18 seconds ago

You're never going to get me to REALLY care about the NFL cap cause it's a fluid thing that rarely matters cause of restructuring. #shady

Doug Whaley likes his shiny toys. Sammy Watkins last year Shady McCoy this year. One of these days he'll get an NFL quality QB.

Dude, why don't you speed-dial Whaley right now and give him your best suggestions as to where that NFL quality QB can be found? I'm sure he's waiting anxiously to hear your advice on that point.

@BuckyBrooks: If Chip Kelly keeps ushering out Pro Bowl skill players (D-Jax & Shady) out of Philly,the offensive "genius" label is gonna fall flat soon.

@BuckyBrooks: It's not about the X's & O's, it's the "Jimmys" and "Joes" (players) that wik big in the NFL. System/scheme rule college game not pros.