Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

I'm no Leroi, so this is only a hunch: Sanchez signs, and he does it right as soon as free agency opens. Just feels like one of those "I'll sign but you gotta get me some offensive weapons to work with" things.

Yeah because Mark Sanchez has earned the right to dictate terms.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeSean !@#$ing McCoy is a Buffalo Bill and people are pissed?

You get arguably the top RB in the game (top 3 at worst), in his prime, locked in for three years. He fits Roman's scheme, can do everything (block, catch, run). In exchange you give up a very popular player, but a guy who's shredded the same knee twice and who didn't want to be here.

It's a win.

These. Whaley has big brass ones. Love the move.

Sorry if already posted (long thread)

@nfl: Shady to Buffalo.

Kiko to Philly.

It all went down in just 20 minutes (via @MikeSilver): http://t.co/ghZpOxOCvnhttp://t.co/CDVoRt2Qfh

@PatMoranMix96: BTW, McCoy currently has 3 years left on deal. Cap number is 11.95 this year (per OTC) but goes down $3.1m in 2016 and another $1m in '17

"Obviously the Bills are going after it."

Mike Silver (in the video attached to the article)

Love it.

Kiko wanted out :(

@JasonLaCanfora: Can confirm ESPN report Eagles have traded Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso. One for one trade I'm told. Alonso had wanted out of Buffalo. Wow

would like to know more of this as it becomes public knowledge....could change opinions big-time

Rbs are dime a dozen. Spare me he's a too 3 back. He will get a ton of carries. Of course he will get yards. And $12mm? I'd take Spiller @$3.5mm for 4 yrs and his special teams too. We have Jackson, Brown and Dixon. Dixon has one year left, Brown, too. Jackson has 2 yrs iirc.

So we get a high priced back for maybe 3 yrs max before he's spent. And lose out on a damn good WLB who may be a bit gimpy. Its an even trade for talent but there has to be more to this.

It makes no sense only because the money for McCoy. We must know something about Alonso.

PS. I hate the whole shady nickname.

It's a very good trade and nickname IMO

Just a few days ago didn't Kiko say "It's a great time to be a Buffalo Bill."? The guy has said like 4 things since he's been drafted. Irony.

I was wondering about that myself. He didn't sound too unhappy when he was talking to John Murphy.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry if already posted (long thread)

@nfl: Shady to Buffalo.

Kiko to Philly.

It all went down in just 20 minutes (via @MikeSilver): http://t.co/ghZpOxOCvnhttp://t.co/CDVoRt2Qfh

@PatMoranMix96: BTW, McCoy currently has 3 years left on deal. Cap number is 11.95 this year (per OTC) but goes down $3.1m in 2016 and another $1m in '17

This wouldn't be a story without a Pat Moran tweet.

The more I think about it the more I like it for a number of reasons:

1. Kiko was a liability against the run. He flew all over the field, but he overpersued a lot and got plowed by blockers. Notice how much better the run D was w/o Kiko and Byrd?

2. We thought he was awesome because of all those INTs but it seems they were a fluke as they disappeared in the second half.

3. McCoy's the kind of talent that makes a difference.

4. This pissed off the "RBs are a dime a dozen" crowd.

5. Kiko didn't want to be here, even after the fan base made him a legend.

6. F×ck Kiko Alonso.

What is this organization's fascination with RBs? They give up the farm last year for a WR, they give up a huge chip for a RB, AGAIN, this year....and we still have no QB. RB doesn't matter, WR doesn't matter, QB is the only thing that matters.

The more I think about it the more I like it for a number of reasons:

1. Kiko was a liability against the run. He flew all over the field, but he overpersued a lot and got plowed by blockers. Notice how much better the run D was w/o Kiko and Byrd?

2. We thought he was awesome because of all those INTs but it seems they were a fluke as they disappeared in the second half.

3. McCoy's the kind of talent that makes a difference.

4. This pissed off the "RBs are a dime a dozen" crowd.

5. Kiko didn't want to be here, even after the fan base made him a legend.

6. F×ck Kiko Alonso.

:beer: Now you're seeing the forest through the trees.

Don't know if they would have taken him but I would have traded Bradham instead of Kiko.

I'd rather have Bradham. He's more well rounded, stronger, healthier, and likely to re-sign for less When his time comes, and he doesn't want to bale on his team. He also doesn't appear to suffer from severe brain damage or have a Shakira haircut.