Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

another great move - I mean a GREAT move honestly it makes total sense and I love it

:beer: Me too. This is a good deal.

Some on this board just don't have a finger on the pulse of this franchise.

Great Move, a lot of hard work went into this. Nothing is final as of now.

Kikos' knee is a concern, long term. This is the second major injury on the left knee.

Shady in Romans offense, watch out!!

Great Job Doug!!!

Imo

100% :beer:

As great of a RB as he was I highly doubt Chip is the only reason.

Go watch the games from last year and explain to me the use of Shady. It's mindboggling.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the minority here...

But I absolutely LOVE the move.

1) All we do is question players who return from season ending injuries, but since our beloved "Kiko" had an amazing rookie season he is on an elite pedestal for a triumphant return? I don't buy it. In Rex I trust that he can fill that position for someone who can be effective.

2) When we run the rock well, we win games. The Spiller experiment is over. We just got a top 3 back in the league. I believe that HE will "run til he barfs".

3) We aren't done yet... I believe this is the first domino towards an EXTREMELY exciting season

It's funny that most of the Philly boards hate it and most here at TBD hate it??? McCoy is a proven stud and I really like the idea of the legend of Kiko.

I like it.

And yet, without him, Bradham still went on and had a breakout year. Do you think he's not going to remember the work ethic part of the equation if Kiko isn't there? Come on, you're reaching.

It's called chemistry. Of course Bradham is going to go on and play at his highest level but once again it was Kiko that inspired him. Is it wrong or terrible to want your life long favorite team to have great chemistry and enjoy being teammates and working as one??!

I sense Rex had a role in this. Despite alleging that the system will be made to use the talent on hand, Kiko didn't fit Rex's idea of what he wanted as a lb in his system. A coverage lb apparently has no role......that what Kiko was....not a run plugger.....but a three down guy. I would be interested to go back and see how Kiko did against Rex in 13.......anyhow, seriously doubt that Whaley did this on his own. I Fredex also done it appears.

This is all rex.

This

Some on this board just don't have a finger on the pulse of this franchise.

Great Move, a lot of hard work went into this. Nothing is final as of now.

Kikos' knee is a concern, long term. This is the second major injury on the left knee.

Shady in Romans offense, watch out!!

Great Job Doug!!!

Imo

I have to say i am shocked and a bit sad. Really liked Kiko. I would have liked it a lot more if Foles came with McCoy in the deal. But a lot of people said it. Top 3 defense and our coach knows defense so we have to assume they know what they are doing.

Yeah, I'm a little sad, too. I liked both Kiko and CJ. I wondered what CJ could do in Greg Roman offense with - hopefully - an improved offensive line. (Of course I'm assuming the Bills will no longer attempt to resign CJ). And watching Kiko in a Rex Ryan defense would have been a blast.

Yet, I can see why Whaley made the trade.

This is a fail. RB's are a dime a dozen and are only good for 5 yrs. McCoy has maybe 2 good years left in him. And he's definitely not a "ground and pound" back. This makes no sense. I'm in shock right now.

We needed a QB. If you are going to trade our best young player then get a QB!!!

I hope I'm proven very wrong, but I think this trade is freaking horrible. It's got a Gregg Williams vibe to it - a great player not fitting a scheme gets bounced.

McCoy has a lot of tread on the tires - he's up to 7000 yards after consecutive 300+ carry seasons.

I'd love to hear more about why you're down on this trade. I respect your posts a lot, but this seems like a huge win once you get past the emotions of Kiko. Kiko didn't play a down last year and the defense was still terrific. Now we have Rex, who with this trade says he doesn't need Kiko to keep the defense working, but we have a giant hole in our offense at RB which we now fill with the top RB in the game (top 3 at worst).

The cap number seems scary with Shady, but he's 27 and has three years left. Kiko is going to be up for a new deal soon and the Bills weren't going to be able to afford him, Dareus, Hughes, Gilmore et al... someone had to go.

It's called chemistry. Of course Bradham is going to go on and play at his highest level but once again it was Kiko that inspired him. Is it wrong or terrible to want your life long favorite team to have great chemistry and enjoy being teammates and working as one??!

Chemistry in professional sports is one of the most overrated elements there is. You're stretching with this. Bradham's play will not suffer because Kiko isn't there to cheerlead him. I promise.

Everyone is pissed because Kiko was a fan favorite but after calming down u. Understand the thinking. Shady has had the most rush yrs of any player over the past 6 seasons and Kiko is comin off his second major acl injury and like everyone here already stated Kiko faded in the.second half of the season and was a liability against the run at times.

You can easily pick up quality RBs in the draft or have waited until the Eagles had cut McCoy which they were going to do. He was not going to take a cut in pay and was on his way out.

This trade is stupid. Kiko is one of the best players on the team and will be pro bowl caliber for 5 to 8 years. McCoy has one to two years left at a high level.

Not a good trade at all.

You can easily pick up quality RBs in the draft or have waited until the Eagles had cut McCoy which they were going to do. He was not going to take a cut in pay and was on his way out.

This trade is stupid. Kiko is one of the best players on the team and will be pro bowl caliber for 5 to 8 years. McCoy has one to two years left at a high level.

Not a good trade at all.

A bit of a stretch...Not even one of the best players on defense

It's funny that most of the Philly boards hate it and most here at TBD hate it??? McCoy is a proven stud and I really like the idea of the legend of Kiko.

I like it.

I can see how Philly hates it. Seems like Chip Kelly nepotism acting up again. How do you trade your most productive offensive weapon away for a LB? Any LB? Let alone for a LB who only has a promising rookie season under his belt and missed all of last season to a torn ligament!

Maybe someone should go on their message boards and console them by telling them about the Legend of Kiko.

I love me some Kiko but will say the move is needed. CJ is going, the message couldn't be clearer. That leaves an aging FJ and two guys that probably totaled in their career what McCoy did last year. I still think either Boobie or Brown will get cut with a mid round RB coming in the draft.

Not sure how I feel but I think Kiko has been one of the most overrated players here so far.

Not to mention he tore the other ACL in college. I'm excited about it. Just look at his numbers compared to CJ who is unfortunately talking trash as he is walking out the door.

apparently CJ Spiller is announcing he has been cut and that the teams have his agents number

I love me some Kiko but will say the move is needed. CJ is going, the message couldn't be clearer. That leaves an aging FJ and two guys that probably totaled in their career what McCoy did last year. I still think either Boobie or Brown will get cut with a mid round RB coming in the draft.

I can see how Philly hates it. Seems like Chip Kelly nepotism acting up again. How do you trade your most productive offensive weapon away for a LB? Any LB? Let alone for a LB who only has a promising rookie season under his belt and missed all of last season to a torn ligament!

Maybe someone should go on their message boards and console them by telling them about the Legend of Kiko.

Because McCoys numbers and role in the offense were fading fast, + they unload a large salary. I can totally see why eagles did this.

:beer: Even though I like Spiller more than you, it's good to hear from you Bill!

Brother, this trade would seem to ABSOLUTELY mandate that the Bills go after blockers via the draft, free agency or both. How about Bulaga, ya know? I am absolutely thrilled by this trade! :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apparently CJ Spiller is announcing he has been cut and that the teams have his agents number

If cj was cut someone should be fired. I'm guessing they just gave him permission to do as he pleases as an expiring contract is in the comp pick talk and cut isn't

Shady is certainly not a power back. RB's like him drop off the planet verrrryyyy fast once they lose a step. With 6 years already on him, we probably just traded 2-3 years of McCoy for a career out of Kiko. Will be really interesting to see where this ends up 3 years down the line.

Of course, it's always amusing to see how fast our fanbase can turn on one of it's idolized players.