Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Manning leaves Denver but stays in the league, he will be thinking one thing and only one thing: where can I go with the best possible chance to win a Superbowl.

He has no goals or interests in the game other than that at this point in his career.

So who is 1 chip away from a Superbowl next year? Houston or Buffalo?

Or another team?

Personally, I think the Bills are probably the closest followed closely by St. Louis and Houston. My guess is Houston in that they are indoors, the best offensive weapons, in a familiar division and 4 hours from his hometown.

The Rams are more appealing weather/stadium wise than we are and are in a similar position as us just needing a qb.

The 49ers wanted him bad and could trade Kaepernick to roll with Manning.

The Jets are likely as appealing or more than us. It's a major market, he could reunite with Decker, the have a pro bowl LT & center and have gobs of cap space to build a quick contender.

The Rams are more appealing weather/stadium wise than we are and are in a similar position as us just needing a qb.

The Jets are likely as appealing or more than us. It's a major market, he could reunite with Decker, the have a pro bowl LT & center and have gobs of cap space to build a quick contender.

Nfc west wouldn't be where I went.

And reunited with decker? Really?

The Jets?!? Their weapons are terrible!!! So are the Rams but they have a nice defense. The Bills have way better playmakers than either of those teams. Houston is a step up though with Andre, Hopkins and Foster.

theyre preparing to franchise DT, welker is gone, they'll have all the tools they need for manning. IMO there's no way if he plays he goes anywhere else ... starting over again at his age isnt feasible.

"Appearing on Tuesday's edition of NFL Total Access, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Broncos are set to wield the franchise tag, if necessary, to keep their ultra-talented No. 1 receiver.

If general manager John Elway manages to keep the Thomas duo in Denver, the most likely scenario is via a long-term deal for Julius and the tag for Demaryius.

Under that scenario, Emmanuel Sanders can move to the slot with 2014 second-round draft pickCody Latimer entering the lineup on the outside.

That proposed lineup would solidify Manning's offense as one of the NFL's most prolific provided the savvy veteran's body cooperates for a 16-game season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469882/article/demaryius-thomas-broncos-headed-for-franchise-tag

I want to end my career in a town that has had no championships, no playoffs in 15 years, sub par o-line, an atrocious winter season where playing in snow is almost a definite every year , just so i can reach my own goals and records... Even if we shelled out a ton of money i think he would rather retire if there were no other teams interested.

With Manning and a run heavy attack, matched with the Bills defense, I would assume that the Bills would win the division. Home field advantage for at least their first playoff game would be on the table. The only risk is Pegula's money, and the Bills draft a QB in 2016 anyways.

The thing is , we don't yet have a run heavy attack. We may wish to have one, but still a long ways to go. I can't see Manning looking at our O-Line and wanting to play behind it.

harbaugh wanted him. Not sure about the York and Baalke show.

The guy had 4700 yards, 39 TDs, and played a quarter of the season with a torn quad.

If that is old and washed up I will take DEAD because a DEAD Peyton Manning could win the division with this defense.

this

I want to end my career in a town that has had no championships, no playoffs in 15 years, sub par o-line, an atrocious winter season where playing in snow is almost a definite every year , just so i can reach my own goals and records... Even if we shelled out a ton of money i think he would rather retire if there were no other teams interested.

Peyton wouldn't.

he would take it as a challenge

With Manning and a run heavy attack, matched with the Bills defense, I would assume that the Bills would win the division. Home field advantage for at least their first playoff game would be on the table. The only risk is Pegula's money, and the Bills draft a QB in 2016 anyways.

how is that a risk?