Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure that? They were in most games they played Despite Tebow, who would pull some magic outta his azz late in the 4th to win like 10-9/ 14-13. It's how they won the Division.

20th in YPG. 16th in YPP. 24th in PPG.

Mediocre to bad.

It's a common misconception that Denver's D "held on" for 57 minutes, then Tebow put together the game winning drive. That happened a few times, but it's not the whole story.

Edited by FireChan

Mediocre to bad.

It's a common misconception that Denver's D "held on" for 57 minutes, then Tebow put together the game winning drive. That happened a few times, but it's not the whole story.

Point taken. Tebow still sucks.

Mediocre to bad.

Wasn't it a season where Denver got killed 3-4 times hurting the average stats, and won like 5 games scoring under 20 points? It's a large part of the story. Like 6 of the 7 wins be chalked up were late come from behinds (numbers guessed off memory, correct me if I'm way off) Edited by NoSaint

Point taken. Tebow still sucks.

He sure did. But that defense wasn't all that. Which was the main point, because when Peyton got there, all they did was build on D.

Wasn't it a season where Denver got killed 3-4 times hurting the average stats, and won like 5 games scoring under 20 points? It's a large part of the story. Like 6 of the 7 wins be chalked up were late come from behinds (numbers guessed off memory, correct me if I'm way off)

I think you're close to the money there, I can't look at their schedule now. I know the Bills dropped 40 on them.

However, it's not fair to say, "the defense was pretty good, not counting those games they let up 40." You know? I can get behind that they played pretty good in their wins, and bad in their losses, but they weren't good on the whole.

Edited by FireChan

Mediocre to bad.

Because GOD obviously presides over football games......

A gimped up Manning is still 1000X better than the mama's boy, Tebow.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

Seriously? That one INT doesn't happen, we win that game and he starts the year 3-1... c'mon now.

and I've seen worse pick 6s thrown by much "better" QBs.

If PI is righteously called on woods on the last drive, we have a 1st down at the Texans 11. We could still have won that game.

The most concerning thing to me from EJ in 2014 was the tentativeness and the inaccuracy, which led to the WRs getting frustrated and giving up on catches. I don't think he will ever be a really accurate QB but I do think he could get back to where he was as a rookie when I don't remember the tentativeness in the pocket.

Mediocre to bad.

Thank you. Those late game 'heroics' came late in the season which pushed the Broncos to the Division Title in a year 'Somebody' had to win the crappy AFCW..

My plan for the next 2 years (Fantasy/Perfect World):

2015:

1. Draft a RB
  2. Sign Iupati
  3. Sign Jordan Cameron
  4. Re-sign Searcy, Hogan, Wynn, Easly, Thigpen (that's it.)
  5. Cut all useless players, like Pears
  6. Extend Dareus
  7. (so far, so good, huh?) Get Peyton Manning on a 1-2 year Mega Deal
  8. Playoffs, Baby!!!! :beer:

2016:

1. Get Foles out of FA
  2. Extend other players that are FA and valuable
  3. Enjoy the next few years of dominance, as we crush a Brady-less AFC East year after year...
Edited by Uffalo Ills

Hmmm - Elway asking him to take a pay cut?

@AndrewSiciliano: Interesting. Very. RT @AroundTheNFL: John Elway said Broncos want Peyton Manning back, but he's yet to give final word he wants to return.

@AroundTheNFL: Elway deflects question about contract issues playing a role in Manning hestiation.

IMHO, he's got nothing left to prove or accomplish. All that's left for him now is to take his place in Canton. Time to hang up the helmet.

Except get a few more in on Brady. Wonder where he'd get a chance to play Brady, once, maybe even twice, possibly even three times, in a season every year?