Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

Wow some of you really think the Bills could get Peyton... I didn't think anyone was taking this seriously, I thought this was a fantasy thread. Your hopes will be crushed so I hope you can deal with it.

hopes up? No. I wouldn't say it's completely out of the realm of possibility though Jerky.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Manning decides to continue playing and Denver doesn't bring him back, I think there is an excellent chance he could be convinced to come to Buffalo. Do I expect this to happen? No. Will I be crushed if it doesn't? No. But it is fun to consider. Peyton is nearing the end of his career. He's not as good as he once was, but even now he is better than anyone we've have since JK. Its fun to think about the Bills playing against the Pats with Manning at QB. It is most likely just a fantasy. But, as Promo said, now that we have Pegula, most fans believe that almost anything is possible.

Why would you buy an Orton jersey?

I'd bet that Turbo has one. He LOVED Orton.

he may retire, but if he doesnt almost certainly will be playing in Denver

Peyton Manning meets with Broncos, still undecided

The Broncos quarterback flew to Denver to meet with the team's brass -- general manager John Elway and president/CEO Joe Ellis -- on Thursday to discuss his future, but no decision came out of the meeting, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a team source. Manning returned to New Orleans to continue training, presumably with an eye toward the 2015 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470352/article/peyton-manning-meets-with-broncos-still-undecided

This tells me the Broncos are the ones that are undecided. If Manning is working out and preparing to play, he has clearly decided.

If Manning decides to continue playing and Denver doesn't bring him back, I think there is an excellent chance he could be convinced to come to Buffalo. Do I expect this to happen? No. Will I be crushed if it doesn't? No. But it is fun to consider. Peyton is nearing the end of his career. He's not as good as he once was, but even now he is better than anyone we've have since JK. Its fun to think about the Bills playing against the Pats with Manning at QB. It is most likely just a fantasy. But, as Promo said, now that we have Pegula, most fans believe that almost anything is possible.

I'd bet that Turbo has one. He LOVED Orton.

Well certainly the league would salivate over being able sell manning and Brady in the same division, but still its clear to me at least that the alernatives are either retire or play for Denver.

I don't see a better landing spot than Buffalo if Manning isn't their QB next season.

Elite defense, an online that will be revamped, and a strong running game planned by Roman. Plus an owner with deep deep pockets.

Peyton does his own game planning, what makes you think he'd mesh with Roman and wouldn't expect Roman to mesh with him?

Peyton does his own game planning, what makes you think he'd mesh with Roman and wouldn't expect Roman to mesh with him?

im just spitballing (as usual) but I remember the Bills saying that Roman was going to focus on coordinating the run game, while Lee and the WR coach were going to focus on the passing game. IF Manning were here, he could fall into the "coordinating the passing game"? Possibly.

Peyton Manning wants to survive after playing, he's no idiot and subsequently won't join the Bills. Joining the Bills would be ONLY be a great idea if he wants to exacerbate prior neck issues! The offensive line is NOWHERE near adequate to protect a pocket QB that is older and more injury prone. Furthermore the only guy on the line that is phenomenal might still have off field issues that won't keep him there long. No, no, no this is neither a good idea nor is it going to happen.

Well certainly the league would salivate over being able sell manning and Brady in the same division, but still its clear to me at least that the alernatives are either retire or play for Denver.

Time will tell, but I disagree with your assessment. Nothing is clear right now. Unless he runs into further medical complications, I don't think he wants to retire. Denver's team is falling apart. They stand a good chance of losing Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas and Welker. They'll probably be forced to tag D. Thomas, but that's a huge chunk of money on top of $19m for Manning. I think there is an excellent chance that Denver walks away from Manning and goes into full rebuild mode.

Time will tell, but I disagree with your assessment. Nothing is clear right now. Unless he runs into further medical complications, I don't think he wants to retire. Denver's team is falling apart. They stand a good chance of losing Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas and Welker. They'll probably be forced to tag D. Thomas, but that's a huge chunk of money on top of $19m for Manning. I think there is an excellent chance that Denver walks away from Manning and goes into full rebuild mode.

Agreed on the Manning point, not so much on full rebuild. I don't think Kubiak takes that job if he was told it would be full rebuild. They like the young QB (Osweiler) who has been learning behind Peyton, and they still have a solid defense and a number of weapons if they tag Demaryius. They'll lose Julius, but not much else. They walk away from Manning only because of the money.

Actually no realm where it would be possible. He won't leave a place to come to Buffalo where the weather is worse and he has to play Brady twice possible three times.

That would actually be a reason he'd want to come. Get a few notches in against his arch nemesis. Him and Brady are actually close friends and talk once a week. Their rivalry is strictly a football thing, with nothing but respect and admiration for the other one.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

That would actually be a reason he'd want to come. Get a few notches in against his arch nemesis. Him and Brady are actually close friends and talk once a week. Their rivalry is strictly a football thing, with nothing but respect and admiration for the other one.

He isnt that type of player. I think being in the AFc is enough for poor Peyton. Sorry, i don't even know why I keep bumping this thread, will never happen.

Edited by Beef Jerky

He isnt that type of player. I think being in the AFc is enough for poor Peyton. Sorry, i don't even know why I keep bumping this thread, will never happen.

One of the greatest quarterbacks ever might possibly become a FA in a few weeks, and it's February. Please, tell me what we can talk about during the offseason right now.

One of the greatest quarterbacks ever might possibly become a FA in a few weeks, and it's February. Please, tell me what we can talk about during the offseason right now.

Where did you really see he would be a FA? All I saw was him evaluating if he will play for the Broncos or retire.