Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we offer him a similar deal to what the Marlins offered Pujols? Where he has a guaranteed FO or coaching job when/if he decides to retire? Would he take that?

You really aren't supposed to do that because of the CBA but I don't know how you stop it. For example (to any player) "We will pay you $2M this year to play QB and then $2M a year for the next 10 years as a team ambassador."

You really aren't supposed to do that because of the CBA but I don't know how you stop it. For example (to any player) "We will pay you $2M this year to play QB and then $2M a year for the next 10 years as a team ambassador."

You couldn't put it in writing so unless you are very trusting and believe the guy promising it will both follow through and be there to do so.... You could lose out

Wow some of you really think the Bills could get Peyton... I didn't think anyone was taking this seriously, I thought this was a fantasy thread. Your hopes will be crushed so I hope you can deal with it.

Nobody is getting excited, and nobody is saying that it's a sure thing. It'd be nice. This is a football forum in the offseason.

You couldn't put it in writing so unless you are very trusting and believe the guy promising it will both follow through and be there to do so.... You could lose out

That is the only downside. It is done from time to time though. We did it with PJ Brown. He is from Slidell and they pretty much promised him a cushy ambassador role when he was done (just for a few years) in exchange for a little give on his salary. He would do a handful of appearances a year and help glad hand the high rollers (rich people love access to players). It is not easy to do and is certainly stretching the rules but it can be done.

Wow some of you really think the Bills could get Peyton... I didn't think anyone was taking this seriously, I thought this was a fantasy thread. Your hopes will be crushed so I hope you can deal with it.

I don't think that ANYONE thinks that it is likely. However, IF Denver goes in another direction AND Peyton still wants to play I would say that the odds would stack up like this: Houston 50%, Buffalo 25%, St. Louis 20% and the field 5%. A lot of things have to happen before he hits the market (which I say is about a 30% possibility). So I guess that I am putting Manning to the Bills at 7.5%

That is the only downside. It is done from time to time though. We did it with PJ Brown. He is from Slidell and they pretty much promised him a cushy ambassador role when he was done (just for a few years) in exchange for a little give on his salary. He would do a handful of appearances a year and help glad hand the high rollers (rich people love access to players). It is not easy to do and is certainly stretching the rules but it can be done.

I don't think that ANYONE thinks that it is likely. However, IF Denver goes in another direction AND Peyton still wants to play I would say that the odds would stack up like this: Houston 50%, Buffalo 25%, St. Louis 20% and the field 5%. A lot of things have to happen before he hits the market (which I say is about a 30% possibility). So I guess that I am putting Manning to the Bills at 7.5%

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toC

What was all this "Buffalo you're one in a million" talk?!

Great Movie quote

On the prospects of Manning going to Buffalo I don't see it. First off Manning is going to command 15+ million a year which would destroy our chances to keep Hughes or replace him with a quality pass rusher. It would also limit our ability to upgrade our O-line even though we got a decent guard in Incognito already in the fold. Overall I just don't see Peyton wanting to come to a team with a poor O-line and a limited amount of offensive options and draft choices. I would love for Manning to come here but the amount of money it would take wouldn't be worth it as we wouldn't be able to put the proper team around him unless he took a pay cut which he isn't going to do.

I do see Denver restructuring his deal to try and keep more weapons around him.

About 25 team forums have this same thread.

And they all want him, even if it's a year.

We all have a better shot of winning powerball than him coming to buffalo. It's not happening.

But it would be dreamy!!!! Top 5 most exciting teams just like that. Peyton, Watkins, Defense. Wow.

At this age and with failing are strength his only option is a dome team.

If that's the case he needs to retire. Can't play every game in a dome. Besides that, he didn't look good against the Bills and it was sunny and 60's. He needs to get his health together or walk away while he can.

I get hungry every time you post. Time to fed ex myself a Bocce Pizza.

+1

Do I think his arms pretty shot? Yes

Do I think he's got max 1-2 years left in the league? Yes

Is he still better than 2/3 of quarterbacks in the league? Yes

Would he immediately make the bills a legit superbowl contender? Yes

As other have mentioned, Peyton is no longer capable of willing/carrying his team to the next level. BUT, if you give him a solid running game, a great defense and special teams, and ask him to throw a max 30-40 times...he is more than capable of managing a game.

I think the Bills are a very attractive option for many reasons.

Teams that dont need a QB because they have one or a young one they are developing:

NE, Mia, Jax, SD, OAK, KC, Balt, Pitt, Dal, NYG, DET, GB, MIN, ATL, CAR, NO, SEA,

Teams that need a QB:

BUF, NYJ, CIN, HOU, TEN, PHI, WAS, CHI, TB, ARZ, STL

Of the above teams only CIN, HOU, BUF, STL, ARZ field good defenses. Arians likes the downfield passing game so ARZ is out, CIN probably sticks with Dalton they are out.

SO there you go: HOU, BUF, STL are really the only players for Manning if he gets cut by Denver.

Cincinnati would take Manning and trade Dalton and that contract. I bet they would love to re-set that position. Although, I would take Dalton in B-Lo. And Arians would probably take Manning too. He's better than anything else they have.

Yeah but aren't you the guy who said that the game has "passed him by" in reference to Incognito over in that thread? And that he is no longer an NFL player?

You know, right before professional talent evaluators who earn their living working in the NFL signed him to a contract?

I'm thinking we should all just ignore you.

No offense.

I mean what would be the upside in Mannings mind for coming to Buffalo?

CBF

At this point in his career Peyton is in legacy mode. Where else does he have a chance to cement his legacy. Having the opportunity to face and beat the Pats twice a yr to win the division and possibly the Superbowl.

If Peyton won it all in Buffalo that might just be the edge he needs to be considered the goat over Tom Brady. Once there careers are over people will be comparing these 2 players for decades. Just imagine what winning in Buffalo can do for Peyton. That to me would be the difference between the 2. People can say Brady won 4 Bowls with Belicheck etc etc but once the discussion turns to Peyton winning the Superbowl in Buffalo that's the chat stopper right there. Peyton won in Buffalo BUFFALO! HE'S THE GREATEST EVER!!