Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

Those are my thoughts.

If Manning leaves Denver but stays in the league, he will be thinking one thing and only one thing: where can I go with the best possible chance to win a Superbowl.

He has no goals or interests in the game other than that at this point in his career.

So who is 1 chip away from a Superbowl next year? Houston or Buffalo?

Or another team?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are literally a QB like Manning away from being a better version of last year's Broncos.

MUCH better defense, about the same OL (Denver's OL blows), some TE we have never heard of will become a star, and MAYBE a bit weaker at WR (so we sign one in FA).

Also, Rex > Fox any day of the week and three times on Sunday. Fox has the intensity of a warm blanket.

Sign Manning and D. Thomas and let's take down the freaking dynasty!

If Manning is the one to win a Super Bowl in Buffalo the historic nature of it would push him right back into the GOAT discussion, especially if it involved taking down the Patriots* 2-3 times to get there.

Edited by TheFunPolice

There's no doubt Manning's arm is on the downside of it's illustrious career. And if we're being honest, he threw a lot of ducks early on as well. With that said, I think the proclamations of his demise are a tad premature.

Peyton would never come out and say it, but I think his quad injury affected his play a great deal. For a guy missing his fastball, not having his legs is a serious, serious handicap.

IMO, if he was on the Bills, chalk up at least 12 wins. That puts us in a 1st round bye situation. Could he win two playoff games...? Hoy crap, I'll stop right now.

Article sounds like a "journalist" trying to generate some attention. Broncos are in win-now mode, which clearly means getting manning back. Kubiak didn't go there to coach a backup.

interesting - I'm not sure they are in win-now mode. They were last year, for sure. I think they should have given it one more year. But they cleaned house completely with the coaching staff, both Julius and Demariyous Thomas are FAs that they do not have the cap space to sign both, and manning has a massive cap hit. Elway said they wanted to go with younger, cheaper players. Not sure what that means exactly but Peyton is neither young nor cheap, and he is going to have to rebuild at QB at some point.

interesting - I'm not sure they are in win-now mode. They were last year, for sure. I think they should have given it one more year. But they cleaned house completely with the coaching staff, both Julius and Demariyous Thomas are FAs that they do not have the cap space to sign both, and manning has a massive cap hit. Elway said they wanted to go with younger, cheaper players. Not sure what that means exactly but Peyton is neither young nor cheap, and he is going to have to rebuild at QB at some point.

we'll see, but I cant imagine blowing a team up that just finished 2nd overall in the conference. its just a simple matter of cap constraints they may not be able to sign all their high profile FAs. Dallas is saying the same thing and no one is accusing them blowing it up. no matter what they do, denver will still have a lot of high profile guys on both sides of the ball.

Edited by JTSP

Dude has a few bad games, and many of you have one of the greatest football players OF ALL TIME on the bench. Crazy town. No way Manning leaves the Broncos unless it is by his choice.

A younger player would get a full pass on the last couple of games played with injury. Let us not be blinded by his previous greatness…. the game against Indy was like watching Jesus make water into only Zima.

Manning will make the playoffs as a Bronco in 2015 or I'll drink a bunch of said Zima.

Dude has a few bad games, and many of you have one of the greatest football players OF ALL TIME on the bench. Crazy town. No way Manning leaves the Broncos unless it is by his choice.

A younger player would get a full pass on the last couple of games played with injury. Let us not be blinded by his previous greatness…. the game against Indy was like watching Jesus make water into only Zima.

Manning will make the playoffs as a Bronco in 2015 or I'll drink a bunch of said Zima.

well it would be nice if the pious-one accepted a salary cut to come back and help his team retain their FAs. no matter what, hes not playing like a $20million man

Edited by JTSP

the fact that Denver is even thinking about it says alot doesn't it- are they in hurry to start the Brock Osweiler era? This isn't Steve Young waiting behind Montana

I have heard they are high on him for whatever reason. Or maybe they are just high

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000457804/article/brock-osweiler-gets-high-marks-from-denver-broncos

Edited by kdiggz