Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

really at this point, you are hoping hes a little better than the injured version, for 1-2 years and that his intelligence at the line makes up for any age issues.

i mean, hes better than orton, not that its a good standard to go by.

I can appreciate what you're saying. Especially with regard to his mental grasp of the game. There is no doubt he's playing chess while everyone else is learning checkers. But his physical decline has been evident for a while now, neck surgeries not withstanding. I'm skeptical that his declining physical abilities are still outweighed by his sheer understanding of the game. He simply can't get the ball where it needs to be as well as he did before. We've just seen it so many times with too many other QBs in the past. He's lost his fastball.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I think his arms pretty shot? Yes

Do I think he's got max 1-2 years left in the league? Yes
Is he still better than 2/3 of quarterbacks in the league? Yes
Would he immediately make the bills a legit superbowl contender? Yes

As other have mentioned, Peyton is no longer capable of willing/carrying his team to the next level. BUT, if you give him a solid running game, a great defense and special teams, and ask him to throw a max 30-40 times...he is more than capable of managing a game.

I think the Bills are a very attractive option for many reasons.

Teams that dont need a QB because they have one or a young one they are developing:
NE, Mia, Jax, SD, OAK, KC, Balt, Pitt, Dal, NYG, DET, GB, MIN, ATL, CAR, NO, SEA,

Teams that need a QB:
BUF, NYJ, CIN, HOU, TEN, PHI, WAS, CHI, TB, ARZ, STL

Of the above teams only CIN, HOU, BUF, STL, ARZ field good defenses. Arians likes the downfield passing game so ARZ is out, CIN probably sticks with Dalton they are out.

SO there you go: HOU, BUF, STL are really the only players for Manning if he gets cut by Denver.

Big Gamble on Manning. I doubt if he gets cut he is not signing a max guaranteed deal with someone for two years if he comes back at all. Manning is not signing an 'incentive contract'. The Bills would be looking at paying him $25 mil. I am not so sure i want to do that. One hit and he is done. He looked very very bad the last month. Orton out played him in Denver.

Three years ago i would of said yes. Now after watching December and January i just don't think he is worth the price.

Teams that need a QB:

Of the above teams only CIN, HOU, BUF, STL, ARZ field good defenses. Arians likes the downfield passing game so ARZ is out, CIN probably sticks with Dalton they are out.

SO there you go: HOU, BUF, STL are really the only players for Manning if he gets cut by Denver.

Cincy Wash Chi and Arz do not need QBs.

And Philly is out because of scheme.

That leaves Buf Jets Hou Ten TB and Stl.

My guess Is Stl Hou or Buffalo would be the real possibilities. Didnt Manning want to stay in the AFC when he went to Denver? I remember that begin the rumor.

Titans are not in a position to win even if they got Manning. I can't see him continuing his playing career for anything but a shot at another Championship.

He is 2,247 yards behind Brett Favre as the all-time NFL passing yardage leader. He is without question coming back because he really cares about that stuff. He cares about championships more, but don't discount the all-time passing yardage crown as a motivating factor.

I can appreciate what you're saying. Especially with regard to his mental grasp of the game. There is no doubt he's playing chess while everyone else is learning checkers. But his physical decline has been evident for a while now, neck surgeries not withstanding. I'm skeptical that his declining physical abilities are still outweighed by his sheer understanding of the game. He simply can't get the ball where it needs to be as well as he did before. We've just seen it so many times with too many other QBs in the past. He's lost his fastball.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought he looked fine for most of the season. Then he got hurt, but those leg injuries aren't crippling. I think he has another year of good football left in him.

Cincy Wash Chi and Arz do not need QBs.

And Philly is out because of scheme.

That leaves Buf Jets Hou Ten TB and Stl.

My guess Is Stl Hou or Buffalo would be the real possibilities. Didnt Manning want to stay in the AFC when he went to Denver? I remember that begin the rumor.

WASH definitely needs a QB cuz theyre axeing griffin. I can see your argument on Chicago (IMO Cutlers a bum and he should be cut too). Arizona cant count on palmer 100% returning from a 2nd torn ACL so theyre a tossup.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

I don't get why Peyton went to Denver. He should have gone to a warm weather team. The wear and tear would be less, I would imagine.

Glad the rest of America still thinks it's cold here. It's been 60 for pretty much the last month and was 70 this past weekend. Yes there are warmer places and yes it snows from time to time but it's always sunny and it always melts right away. The lack of humidity makes 85 very comfortable in the summer and 30 very tolerable in the winter. It really is the most ideal climate in the country.

It's a very tough call for Manning. On the one hand, he can still play at a pretty high level- he is one year removed from leading the most prolific offense in NFL history. On the other hand, he's not going to want to start over with a new team nor sign a one year deal unless it's with a clear Super Bowl contender- and there aren't any of those who would sign him. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. I'm banking on retirement.

Arizona....

Bruce Arians... Dome... Amazing D... great overall team. Chance at revenge w/Seattle but otherwise soft division.

I think that is where he ends up.

Denver was a headscratcher to me. Cold, windy, outdoor stadium.

As far as him being "done?" if 4700 yds and 39 TD with a 66% completion rate is "done" then where do I sign?

I think he had an injury and was playing hurt. That happens. His past couple of seasons were some of his best ever, so he is not done.

Buffalo has a better roster than Denver IMO. But Arizona is stacked. They were like a mash unit and still were 9-1 at one point and almost won a playoff game on the road with Lindley at QB!

Edited by TheFunPolice

The guy had 4700 yards, 39 TDs, and played a quarter of the season with a torn quad.

If that is old and washed up I will take DEAD because a DEAD Peyton Manning could win the division with this defense.

Totally agree...

I've had a torn quad...More than once...Manning is less than mobile as it is...I don't know how he managed...I'm pretty certain that had something to do with his decline late in the year...Even so...Even with a torn quad he was better than anything the Bills had... B-)

Do I think his arms pretty shot? Yes

Do I think he's got max 1-2 years left in the league? Yes

Is he still better than 2/3 of quarterbacks in the league? Yes

Would he immediately make the bills a legit superbowl contender? Yes

As other have mentioned, Peyton is no longer capable of willing/carrying his team to the next level. BUT, if you give him a solid running game, a great defense and special teams, and ask him to throw a max 30-40 times...he is more than capable of managing a game.

I think the Bills are a very attractive option for many reasons.

Teams that dont need a QB because they have one or a young one they are developing:

NE, Mia, Jax, SD, OAK, KC, Balt, Pitt, Dal, NYG, DET, GB, MIN, ATL, CAR, NO, SEA,

Teams that need a QB:

The highlighted, italicized, and underlined part is the key here, brother.

I agree 100% with all of these points.

Mr. Pegula, make Mr. Manning an offer he can't refuse.

We have lots and lots of cap space.

Manning should be able to appreciate our defense as much as anyone in the NFL these days; we humbled him not too long ago.

Convince him that he is the missing link for that 2nd RING....

SIGN HIM. SIGN HIM. SIGN HIM. SIGN HIM.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::worthy::worthy::thumbsup::D:lol:

Carson Palmer could be there for the Bills if Manning goes to Arizona.

I know ego would never allow this but when a big time QB gets old like that you wonder what would happen if you had a decent younger guy start the year for the first 6-7 games then toss in a fresh 1st ballot HOfer from then on.

For example, play Palmer for 6 weeks then toss Manning in. Obviously it would never happen for a lot of reasons but other sports do it.

Someone will try it sometime. Maybe Belichick when Brady is 42 or 43. I think only he could get away with it.

Edited by TheFunPolice