Report: Broncos could part ways with Manning

YoloinOhio

Peyton Manning wants to survive after playing, he's no idiot and subsequently won't join the Bills. Joining the Bills would be ONLY be a great idea if he wants to exacerbate prior neck issues! The offensive line is NOWHERE near adequate to protect a pocket QB that is older and more injury prone. Furthermore the only guy on the line that is phenomenal might still have off field issues that won't keep him there long. No, no, no this is neither a good idea nor is it going to happen.

So we'll mark you down as "undecided" as to whether The Bills will be adding and new people in the OLine. Got it.

I think the OLine will be improved just because we now have professional level OC and COOL in place. But that's just me... looking ahead and thinking things will be much improved.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning wants to survive after playing, he's no idiot and subsequently won't join the Bills. Joining the Bills would be ONLY be a great idea if he wants to exacerbate prior neck issues! The offensive line is NOWHERE near adequate to protect a pocket QB that is older and more injury prone. Furthermore the only guy on the line that is phenomenal might still have off field issues that won't keep him there long. No, no, no this is neither a good idea nor is it going to happen.

one perk of a great pocket qb, a truly great one, is they make their reads quickly and accurately and often have the decision made presnap where to deliver the ball long before the pass rush can get there.

I don't see a better landing spot than Buffalo if Manning isn't their QB next season.

Elite defense, an online that will be revamped, and a strong running game planned by Roman. Plus an owner with deep deep pockets.

Arizona or Houston would be a perfect fit for him. No chance in hell he picks Buffalo over those two...

Arizona or Houston would be a perfect fit for him. No chance in hell he picks Buffalo over those two...

arizona has a qb they gave a nice deal to last year, currently, so thats a downer for them. palmer is 10.5m guaranteed already. whole lot of dead money to move on to manning, and then real expensive to get manning.

houston was allegedly very high on his list when he went denver. i think most are agreeing to that. kirbys 50 houston, 30 here, 20 st louis and unlikely he ever gets free to test those odds is pretty reasonable i think.

Edited by NoSaint

I think he would pick St Louis over us. Good D and it's in a dome (for now)

think he wants to face the SF, seattle, and arizona defenses 6 times next year?

or if he wants a 2 year deal face the prospect of being the face of the franchise leaving town after 2015 possibly?

Edited by NoSaint

How could Arizona fit his 19 mill under the cap when they just signed Palmer to a new deal? They can't even afford Fitzgerald at this point was my understanding.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I get that the guy had a good season last year but he just seems like he is really on the decline (see second half of the season and playoffs).

And as much as Denver lobbied to get him, and as high as Elway was on him, you think that they would let him go if they felt that he could close deal? And in Buffalo weather?

think he wants to face the SF, seattle, and arizona defenses 6 times next year?

or if he wants a 2 year deal face the prospect of being the face of the franchise leaving town after 2015 possibly?

not the face of leaving town...the face of the incoming Los Angeles Rams. how nuts would LA go if they had Peyton Manning coming to town

Buffalo easily has a better defense than either, and has at least as much talent on offense as both.

I don't think there's any chance he plays somewhere other than Denver, but I have a lot of trouble seeing any merit to what you're saying here.

If we can get him here even for one year, it would be a great learning experience for EJ to pick up a few things from a definite HOF QB.

And at the same time, offense improves enough to get us in the playoffs as a legitimate threat. NO, we wouldn't win it all with an all but finished Manning, but even in his decline, he's still an upgrade at the position even for just one season.

Of course we all know this ain't happening .... :lol: