Off Season Wish List

r henderson

Let Spiller, Urbik, Hughes, Smith and Pears walk in free agency. Resign Searcy and sign Clint Boling G (Cin), Camoran Jordan TE (Clev), Brandon Graham DE (Phil), Derek Newton RT (Hous) and Mark Sanchez QB (Phil). Draft Tevin Coleman RB Indian 2nd rd and Ali Marpet G Hobart College 3rd rd. Boom!

fill mein....what smith? other than that i like irt, but i do thinkwe can dobetter then Sanchez,we should wait andsee who gets dropped first.....ii think Bradford or J. Locker will be relesed and iwould take either one of those over Manuel.

Sublime however no thank you to the Sanchize.

fill mein....what smith? other than that i like irt, but i do thinkwe can dobetter then Sanchez,we should wait andsee who gets dropped first.....ii think Bradford or J. Locker will be relesed and iwould take either one of those over Manuel.

I am neither a complete advocate for or against Manuel but I think he deserves at least one more crack at winning (and keeping) the starting job.

I'd be surprised if Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana is still around when the Bills pick in the 2nd round. He's not a big name right now.....but come draft day I think it'll be clear even to the media that this guy is a beast of a RB and will be gone late 1/ early 2nd round.

Let Spiller, Urbik, Hughes, Smith and Pears walk in free agency. Resign Searcy and sign Clint Boling G (Cin), Camoran Jordan TE (Clev), Brandon Graham DE (Phil), Derek Newton RT (Hous) and Mark Sanchez QB (Phil). Draft Tevin Coleman RB Indian 2nd rd and Ali Marpet G Hobart College 3rd rd. Boom!

yep, yep and yep :thumbsup: I'd add iupati to my wish list...

I'd love to get a QB but anyone worth their salt is probably not going be available for trade or in FA in this QB starved league. With the QB situation in the league I find it impossible to believe that teams are willing to part with good QB's. Hopefully there is a mid to late round gem that gets it. The Bills are due for some luck in that department.

#1 sign both Locker & Matt Moore to compete with EJ for starting QB.

#2 Let Hughes walk & sign Greg Hardy for half the price on a 1yr prove it deal.

#3 Cut Keith Rivers & Sign David Harris to play next to Kiko

#4 Resign Spiller & Go hard after either Ap or Demarco Murray.

#5 Sign one of the top FBs available Felton, Hynoski or Kuhn

#6 Cut Urbik, C Williams and sign Boiling, Iupati and Rt Parnell from the Dallas kid is a beast can be had for cheap.

#7 Resign Searcy

#8 Sign either Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas also add Te from STL Lance Kendricks, These 2 signings would give us a excellent 3 TE set with Chandler, Kendricks and either JC or JT.

#9 Draft best player available in all rounds. If WR Doran Green Beckham is available I would take him at #50.

With these moves the Bills will be ready to compete for division right away. All these moves wouldn't be mind blowing big money signings. Yes Iupati, JT or one of the rbs probably cost some dough but the rest of the guys can fit in nicely into our cap.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

We should keep Hughes but not a game breaker if he is gone. Don't need a RB that early and Ali is a nice story and hope he does well but anything under a sixth is too high for him.

QB's and Linemen. Lots of em. Six bruisers in the draft and every fleet footed FA QB we can get.

And keep this D intact.

That is my wish.

Fleeted footed QBs are nice but worthless without the ability to play in the pocket.

#6 Cut Urbik, C Williams and sign Boiling, Iupati and Rt Parnell from the Dallas kid is a beast can be had for cheap.

#7 Resign Searcy

#8 Sign either Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas also add Te from STL Lance Kendricks, These 2 signings would give us a excellent 3 TE set with Chandler, Kendricks and either JC or JT.

#9 Draft best player available in all rounds. If WR Doran Green Beckham is available I would take him at #50.

With these moves the Bills will be ready to compete for division right away. All these moves wouldn't be mind blowing big money signings. Yes Iupati, JT or one of the rbs probably cost some dough but the rest of the guys can fit in nicely into our cap.

And then lose Gilmore, Glenn and Bradham next year. We simply don't have that much space. If we got 1/2 of those players I'd be happy

And then lose Gilmore, Glenn and Bradham next year. We simply don't have that much space. If we got 1/2 of those players I'd be happy

Gilmore still has at least 2 yrs left, Cordy ain't with a dollar over 6 mil per season at best especially if he plays like he did last yr. Bradham shouldn't break the bank either.

Iupati 8mil per

Boiling 4.5 mil per

Parnell 3 mil per

Top notch FB no more then 2 mil

JC 4 mil or JT possibly 7 mil. We targeting only one of these guys.

33 yr old David Harris 3.5 mil per

Hardy shouldn't get more then 5 mil on 1yr prove it deal.

Spiller 3 mil per

Ap or Murray 5 mil per.

Lance Kendricks 2.5 mil

We can cut Urbik, Rivers, C Williams.

Don't resign Pears, Hairston. Freddy comes off the books next yr. I wouldn't worry bout signing people back until the time comes in which we can open up more space by redo Mario Deal and others. Remember we have an owner now that doesn't mind paying upfront. No more cash to cap philosophy.

Btw we should be upwards of 40 mil under the cap with the roll over. We have plenty money. This is my dream off season but like u said I would be happy if we can get half these guys

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Sublime however no thank you to the Sanchize.

I am neither a complete advocate for or against Manuel but I think he deserves at least one more crack at winning (and keeping) the starting job.

Manuel has to earn it. This team needs to put the best QB on the field. Right now im chalking it up as saying this old staff messed this guy up. Lets try and fix him and bring in bonafide competion, not Mr. Butt fumble.

Just say NO to Mark Sanchez!

Manuel has to earn it. This team needs to put the best QB on the field. Right now im chalking it up as saying this old staff messed this guy up. Lets try and fix him and bring in bonafide competion, not Mr. Butt fumble.

Yes, EL has to prove it. BUT I will say that it's his job to lose.

You are right. He has to earn it. And I know he would be fine with that. He seems like the type of kid that is not bratty about not playing. Its proven by the fact that he never once complained when Orton started playing worse than he was.

Why not do actual due diligence and bring in real competition sit him down and tell him he is still in the team plan. However he has to go out and beat the next man. I cant think of anyone... not one name that I would want in. Petty is not that guys. Locker and Bradford are injury prone. I dont want another player coach for EJ I dont want another mentor. Another journeyman backup. Until I am sure someone can and will take EJs lunch money. I am not on board with anyone named so far.

You are right. He has to earn it. And I know he would be fine with that. He seems like the type of kid that is not bratty about not playing. Its proven by the fact that he never once complained when Orton started playing worse than he was.

Until I am sure someone can and will take EJs lunch money. I am not on board with anyone named so far.

^ THAT!

My off season wish would have been a head coach who didn't do Pizza Hut commercials, didn't have ESPN follow him around at the Super Bowl, who didn't do appearances at the Buffalo Auto show......and, took care of the business of fielding a winning football team. I guess I don't get my wish......

My off season wish would have been a head coach who didn't do Pizza Hut commercials, didn't have ESPN follow him around at the Super Bowl, who didn't do appearances at the Buffalo Auto show......and, took care of the business of fielding a winning football team. I guess I don't get my wish......

What's the big whoop?

He hasn't had a chance to fulfill this part of your wish...

For me it's:

1. High end FA Guard (Iupati, Franklin, Boling) and draft one as well

2. Re-sign Searcy

3. FA QB to compete with EJ (Hoyer, Locker, Moore, McCoy) and draft one as well

4. Pass Rusher (Hughes, McPhee, Morgan)

5. Upgrade TE (Cameron, Clay, Daniels, Gresham, Miller)

6. FA RB (Ingram, Helu, Moreno, Dwyer) or draft one (Coleman, Yeldon, Johnson, Cobb)

7. Sign Carimi or Oher for OL depth (Not intended to start)

8. Some sort of big splash (Revis, Houston/JPP, AP, a Trade that nets us a better QB than FA options)

I think Dick Jauron could have fulfilled this given the talent on our team.

Let it play out. I don't necessarily think it's bad for Rex to be of interest. Ultimately, it's about the w's but he's a guy who has shown he can handle media attention. In other words, I don't think this stuff affects Rex like it would some coaches. Speculation sure....but that's the way I see it.

Locker is a FA.

IF Bradford is released, it is likely to be later in preseason, after the draft. You cool with waiting until June to settle our QB sitch down?

Because it worked so well for us the last time we let 2 OLmen walk in FA and counted on getting something better? (Levitre and Rhinehart) :flirt: Urbik and Pears are servicable (Pears at tackle, not guard). We need OL depth if nothing else.

Spiller and Hughes we should try to resign IMO.

I like the idea of being proactive in FA with OLmen. I'm unfamiliar with Derek Newton and Clint Boling's play. What do you like about them?

A lot of other teams seem to do well with RB not drafted in the top 3 rounds. It seems if you really put your money on OL almost any good RB will do.

Pretty specific on your wish. You knew this was going to happen if Rex was hired?! Would it have been ok if he did Domino's commercials, had Fox Sports1 follow him around and done a different show?

FA IN:

Revis

Doug Free

Boling

DeMarco

Brandon Graham / Dwight Freeney (ie Vet 3/4 OLB)

Hoyer

Resign:

Searcy

Easley

Spikes

Cut:

Rivers

Chris Williams

Trade:

McKelvin

FAs OUT:

Spiller

Hughes

Pears

Draft

AJ Cann or Laken Tomlinson round 2

TE round 3

3/4 OLB round 5

TE round 5

Edited by Chuck Wagon

For me it's:

1. High end FA Guard (Iupati, Franklin, Boling) and draft one as well

2. Re-sign Searcy

3. FA QB to compete with EJ (Hoyer, Locker, Moore, McCoy) and draft one as well

4. Pass Rusher (Hughes, McPhee, Morgan)

5. Upgrade TE (Cameron, Clay, Daniels, Gresham, Miller)

6. FA RB (Ingram, Helu, Moreno, Dwyer) or draft one (Coleman, Yeldon, Johnson, Cobb)

7. Sign Carimi or Oher for OL depth (Not intended to start)

8. Some sort of big splash (Revis, Houston/JPP, AP, a Trade that nets us a better QB than FA options)

This is pretty close to my thinking. Tight end not a priority. Running back, QB and guard are.

Gilmore still has at least 2 yrs left, Cordy ain't with a dollar over 6 mil per season at best especially if he plays like he did last yr. Bradham shouldn't break the bank either.

Iupati 8mil per

Boiling 4.5 mil per

Parnell 3 mil per

Top notch FB no more then 2 mil

JC 4 mil or JT possibly 7 mil. We targeting only one of these guys.

33 yr old David Harris 3.5 mil per

Hardy shouldn't get more then 5 mil on 1yr prove it deal.

Spiller 3 mil per

Ap or Murray 5 mil per.

Lance Kendricks 2.5 mil

We can cut Urbik, Rivers, C Williams.

Don't resign Pears, Hairston. Freddy comes off the books next yr. I wouldn't worry bout signing people back until the time comes in which we can open up more space by redo Mario Deal and others. Remember we have an owner now that doesn't mind paying upfront. No more cash to cap philosophy.

Btw we should be upwards of 40 mil under the cap with the roll over. We have plenty money. This is my dream off season but like u said I would be happy if we can get half these guys

Gilmore does not have 2 years on his contract. Glenn WILL make more than 6 a year. Hardy WILL get more than 5 mill on a 1 year deal. I bet spiller gets more than 3 and ap/dm more than 5.

I like the players you're interested in.....but you're low balling every player....and even making up details about gilmores contract

Also. Your choices in tight ends don't really fit what were are looking for IMO. Cameron might fit, but Thomas and Hendricks are terrible blockers. That's what they'll be doing in our offense. We need good run blocking TEs, not terrible run blocking tight ends

Edited by NewEra

Gilmore does not have 2 years on his contract. Glenn WILL make more than 6 a year. Hardy WILL get more than 5 mill on a 1 year deal. I bet spiller gets more than 3 and ap/dm more than 5.

Can u tell me why Cordy deserves a huge contract? Nothing special in my opinion. He won't get more then 7mil that's the most. Unless he plays lights out this yr. Cordy is middle of the pack.guy movement skills are lacking doesn't get out in space well. He needs to trim up a little put some muscle on.

I like the players you're interested in.....but you're low balling every player....and even making up details about gilmores contract

Also. Your choices in tight ends don't really fit what were are looking for IMO. Cameron might fit, but Thomas and Hendricks are terrible blockers. That's what they'll be doing in our offense. We need good run blocking TEs, not terrible run blocking tight ends

First of all Kendricks is a great blocker and pretty good Red zone target. Gilmore has 2 yrs remaining with team option. Yes I might of low balled a couple of guys but that's the value I feel is safe for those players. I don't think Ap will get anything over 5mil. Murray was just offered 4 yrs 16 mil from Dallas. Hardy won't get paid but doesn't mean he will come to Buffalo either. This was my dream scenario I would be happy with half these guys. Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I'm happy with the off-season coaching moves. Considering who was available, we did well.

I'd keep CJ. I know some people say Roman prefers a power running game but I think the guy just knows how to draw up plays with actual running lanes. I'd love to see what CJ could do in Roman's offense and I don't think he'd be super expensive.

And I'd love to keep Hughes if the price is right. It's impressive when 3 out of 4 guys on your DL go to the Pro Bowl and the guy who didn't had double digit sacks. Rex runs an aggressive defense and I want him to have lots of weapons. But Hughes could get hot on the open market.

I'd love to see us acquire Revis but not if it breaks the bank (and it probably would).

Beyond that, my big wish is offensive linemen. Lots of 'em. Let them compete.

My biggest off-season curiosity is what the Bills will do at QB. Sign an available FA? Trade for a QB? If so who did we give up and who do we get? Do we draft a QB? Do we trade up in the draft to get one?

This off-season will be interesting but it definitely won't work out in a way that we all get everything we wish for.

First of all Kendricks is a great blocker and pretty good Red zone target. Gilmore has 2 yrs remaining with team option. Yes I might of low balled a couple of guys but that's the value I feel is safe for those players. I don't think Ap will get anything over 5mil. Murray was just offered 4 yrs 16 mil from Dallas. Hardy won't get paid but doesn't mean he will come to Buffalo either. This was my dream scenario I would be happy with half these guys.

I disagree regarding Kendrick's blocking and we'll see about how much the the RBs get paids. I bet both get more than 5 a year unless they somehow want to take less for a winner.

All the websites I've checked says Gilmore is a FA in 2016. No mention of a team option. Not to say there isn't, but I haven't see any mention of one. 4 year deal. Have anything thing says an option?

#7 Resign Searcy

Get rid of EJ and sign 2 young qbs for like 2m each,and let them fight it out.

Like Hoyer and Sanchez for example

Sign Revis to a 4 year 12m/py contract 33m guaranted.

Sign Justin Huston to a 5y 65m deal 28m guaranted.

Trade Leodus for a 5th rounder. Saving us 4m

Then sign Greg Hardy on a one year prove it deal for 5m.

Then sigh Jordan Camron for 5y 28m

Get a good RB in round 2 or 3.

And O-line with at least 2 picks.

That defence would be like ALL time great. I think Hoyer or Sanches could go real far with D like that. Who would score more than 20 points against us?

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

Oh man, don't let Beerball know there's a good player from Hobart. He's an alum.

Edited by Taskerismygod