Rex Ryan wants best defense EVER!!!

Trading for Revis, the return of Kiko and the defense mind Ryan could be the ingredients for the best defense ever. Better than the 85 Bears, better than the Ravens, the Best. How cool would that be? Ryan wants a Patriot killer defense. Thats see.

Edited by bisonbrigade

Trading for Revis, the return of Kiko and the defense mind Ryan could be the ingredients for the best defense ever. Better than the 85 Bears, better than the Ravens, the Best. How cool would that be? Ryan wants a Patriot killer defense. Thats see.

Yes!

He held the Pats* down this season with scraps to work with on defense. Give him elite talent and you're going to get an incredible defense.

I'm with you in spirit, but thought you would be quoting Rex. I'm sure he feels this way though. By the way, what does "Thats see" mean?

I'm with you in spirit, but thought you would be quoting Rex. I'm sure he feels this way though. By the way, what does "Thats see" mean?

I had the same reaction. Plus, isn't that the goal of every coach?

By the way, nobody is "trading" for Revis. Either the Pats pick up his option (or work out a new contract for him by the end of the month), or it's a free-for-all for his services in the FA market.

Edited by Bills Fan in MD

By the way, nobody is "trading" for Revis. Either the Pats pick up his option (or work out a new contract for him by the end of the month), or it's a free-for-all for his services in the FA market.

Correct. And certainly the Pats wouldn't trade him to a team in their division.

No no, Rex is going to trade for him anyway--because wouldn't that be, like, the best everrrr?!

It would have been cool if Ryan said we were going to have the number one offense

Getting Revis makes no sense to me. CB is an area of relative strength on this team especially if Leodis comes back OK which he should. This is one thing about Ryan that bothers me. This would be a ridiculous and unnecessary cap hit for a player who is on the downside. This seems to be more Rex's ego and blinders re: focusing mostly on D. Getting Revis would not improve the D that much for the cost. Come on, Whaley, be the voice of reason here!

There needs to be only one focus for this team period: getting a good QB. Look at the final four: Rodgers, Brady, Luck and Wilson. Throw in the likes of Manning and Romo in the playoffs. If the Bills are going to make a splash and spend some big bucks it needs to be for a viable QB. The question is is there one out there? It would be absolutely great if EJ could get there but the odds are not good IMO. I don't know if he is even going to be on the market but I would love Bradford. Never mind the Mike Glennons of the league. Right now it's all about the QB for the Bills. Without one they might even regress next season.

The lack of news on Kiko Alonzo has me very worried.....its not normal.

When Takeo Spikes was injured we got updates every 3 weeks

Something smells here...mark my words :cry:

Edited by HOUSE

The lack of news on Kiko Alonzo has me very worried.....its not normal.

When Takeo Spikes was injured we got updates every 3 weeks

Something smell here...mark my words

What are you talking about? Kiko is doing fine. He probably would have played in the Super Bowl if the Bills went. Edited by Beef Jerky

Getting Revis makes no sense to me. CB is an area of relative strength on this team especially if Leodis comes back OK which he should. This is one thing about Ryan that bothers me. This would be a ridiculous and unnecessary cap hit for a player who is on the downside. This seems to be more Rex's ego and blinders re: focusing mostly on D. Getting Revis would not improve the D that much for the cost. Come on, Whaley, be the voice of reason here!

There needs to be only one focus for this team period: getting a good QB. Look at the final four: Rodgers, Brady, Luck and Wilson. Throw in the likes of Manning and Romo in the playoffs. If the Bills are going to make a splash and spend some big bucks it needs to be for a viable QB. The question is is there one out there? It would be absolutely great if EJ could get there but the odds are not good IMO. I don't know if he is even going to be on the market but I would love Bradford. Never mind the Mike Glennons of the league. Right now it's all about the QB for the Bills. Without one they might even regress next season.

no there isn't that QB out there.

Yeah, why on earth would the Bills be interested in adding a perennial All-Pro to the roster? I just don't get it. We have Leodis McKelvin instead. :wallbash:

Maybe you should read my post again. For the money he will command he's not woth it for the Bills. What he would bring is nowhere near a priority for the Bills. It's all about the QB for this team, period. BTW, you should stop banging your head like that. You could hurt yourself.

no there isn't that QB out there.

This may or may not be true. We'll find out during the off season. If that QB is not available are you in favor of taking a big cap hit, which would absolutely be the case, to get Revis and tie up all that money?

This may or may not be true. We'll find out during the off season. If that QB is not available are you in favor of taking a big cap hit, which would absolutely be the case, to get Revis and tie up all that money?

if that QB is not available? Yes. They can afford to sign him to a 2 yr deal as well as bolster the OL.

We already know the FA QBs. Unless some team is willing to trade a quality QB, not sure where one will come from.

Edited by YoloinOhio

What are you talking about? Kiko is doing fine. He probably would have played in the Super Bowl if the Bills went.

Do you have a link to prove this because I am not buying

The last update was in November in the Bleacher Report ????

Not exactly trustworthy

Edited by HOUSE

What do you think it would take to get a guy who's a free agent? 4th round pick?

Rex has daddy issues than as if he's going to make the best D he's going to have to develop something better than the '85 Bears yet with the rules favoring offense as they are now I don't see that happening anytime soon. I say no on Revis. Focus on keeping the D together and making the offense better in the red zone and running the ball and we could be a playoff team next year. As think Sammy healthy a full year and Robert Woods entering his important 3rd year helps the hope we also look to improve our TE situation(see a veteran to supplant Chandler and/or Lee Smith) should go a long ways in helping the passing game.

Think about it this way fellas, What would the addition of Revis do for this Defense & team in general. I think if it was a stock it would sky rocket. Imagine the pressure it puts on opposing teams offense. Revis gives u that Dominick Hasek presence gets in your opposing teams heads. I guess the Bills thinking with this possible addition is they want to level the playing field and make the QB position irrelevant. If we can make your QB look bad we have the advantage because we are building ourselves to win without that franchise QB. The more I think of this the more it seems like a genius plan.

Revis is 30 and is going to want a huge contract. How many elite years does he have left? Would he play corner for 3 then move to safety?

I think his age matches up perfectly with our window with this team presently constructed. 3yr 45 mil should get the deal done. Guaranteed money is what players are looking for nowadays so if we offer him 25 million he will take it.

There is no QB on this team or in free agency that gonna tie up our cap space anytime soon. So the next most logical way of building your team is by making everyone better around the QB. Adding Revis won't stop us from building our oline and RB core. We already have a young inexpensive wr core that is on the verge of being top notch. All we need now is a TE which we can add via free agency or the draft. With a couple of additions to this offense and the stellar D we will have we can compete for the title I'm on board. Get er done Dougie!

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

We have very low salary at Wr,QB, RB and also OL so we can go a lot of different ways. What if we got Revis and Lynch?..

Lynch or Ap would be a great fit in Romans scheme, I hope we get a true workhorse back this off-season. How would feel of we also added Greg Hardy on a cap friendly one yr prove it deal to replace Hughes, We can get Hardy & Revis for combined 17-18 mil. This would be much better then Hughes & Mckelvin for a combined 16mil ?

Getting Revis means we lose Hughes. We already have a solid secondary unit, so I don't see how he's worth it, when we could use the money for Lupati on the O-Line, Julius Thomas for a TE, and so on. Spend on offense, and resign Hughes.

Doesn't that make sense. If we can't get Foles, then we have to find one in the draft.

Don't the Pats have a team option on Revis?

Knowing them....and knowing that they know there's a good chance he'd go to Buffalo, I bet they use the team option just to not let that happen. Plus they get Mayo back. They may do nothing significant in free agency so couldn't they afford him?

Don't the Pats have a team option on Revis?

Knowing them....and knowing that they know there's a good chance he'd go to Buffalo, I bet they use the team option just to not let that happen. Plus they get Mayo back. They may do nothing significant in free agency so couldn't they afford him?

They have some significant ufas on their own team they need to sign:

Danny Aiken, LS

Akeem Ayers, DE/LB

Jonathan Casillas, LB

Patrick Chung, S

Dan Connolly, G

Stephen Gostkowski, K

Devin McCourty, S

Stevan Ridley, RB

Shane Vereen, RB

Getting Revis means we lose Hughes. We already have a solid secondary unit, so I don't see how he's worth it, when we could use the money for Lupati on the O-Line, Julius Thomas for a TE, and so on. Spend on offense, and resign Hughes.

Doesn't that make sense. If we can't get Foles, then we have to find one in the draft.

Revis makes the team around him better, hughes looks better because of the team around him. You cannot compare a player that is one of the all time greats at his position to one that is a solid contributer