Whaley will head coaching search

YoloinOhio

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. Whaley is still basically a rookie GM who had to pick his first head coach with the assistance/insistence of Russ, Buddy, and Ralph & Co. Now he hopefully gets to hand-pick a guy he can work with, having learned firsthand what it's like to have a dickhead head coach who can't get along with his bosses. He won't make that mistake again.

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. Let the personnel guy pick a coach that he can work with, shares a vision with, and has enough of a difference with that they can challenge each other in the right way.

Good job Pegulas; this is the right approach.

Good. Whaley is still basically a rookie GM who had to pick his first head coach with the assistance/insistence of Russ, Buddy, and Ralph & Co. Now he hopefully gets to hand-pick a guy he can work with, having learned firsthand what it's like to have a dickhead head coach who can't get along with his bosses. He won't make that mistake again.

He's still a rookie? Are we using OC's rookie QB scale to judge this by? ;)

Do the Pegulas not need to come and out make sort of statement about the structure moving forward?

I would think that would be essential in getting a "hot" candidate to commit here.

Sometrhing along the lines"whaley GM with an extension, Brandon Business Guy, both report to Kim...no czar or consultant planned"

Warrow just reported Russ will be "advising" in the search. :wallbash:

Do the Pegulas not need to come and out make sort of statement about the structure moving forward?

I would think that would be essential in getting a "hot" candidate to commit here.

Sometrhing along the lines"whaley GM with an extension, Brandon Business Guy, both report to Kim...no czar or consultant planned"

Why? They own the team, you don't.

What choice do the Bills have at this point but to have Whaley lead the process? Maybe this has some significance for Whaley's future with the Bills, but I think it is too early to tell given the current circumstances.

As long as that's clear to the candidates, I don't think they need to make an announcement. Altho it would certainly put us fans at ease.

Hopefully that's just tossing him a bone so it doesn't appear he's been castrated in case he's moving on at some point soon.

The AP article stated he was assisting. He just needs to focus on selling tickets. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Don't think so. Everyone around the league knows Whaley is GM...that's all that's needed.

Why? They own the team, you don't.

Because they need to dispel the Sexton/Marrone-created picture of Buffalo as a chaotic sh*tshow. It's good that they've leaked to TG that Whaley's in charge, but it would be even better were someone to go on the record with a vote of confidence for the GM.

Because they need to dispel the Sexton/Marrone-created picture of Buffalo as a chaotic sh*tshow. It's good that they've leaked to TG that Whaley's in charge, but it would be even better were someone to go on the record with a vote of confidence for the GM.

I think in many ways actions speak louder than words -- especially when those words are run through the click-bait driven conglomerations that pass for sports media these days.

Sexton Marrone created it doesn't mean it's true. League personnel now know Whaley is running things...it's the media creation.

Whaley with advisement from......Russ Brandon. Good luck with that. Hope Whaley does better with the coaching search than he has with the draft. Then he can find a QB. Though Pegula learned his lesson from the Sabres disaster when he took over. Guess not. People call Whaley a genius and a rising star. Based on what exactly? Then they make excuses for him and blame Buddy Nix. Everyone is going to be disappointed with the new coach and the mediocrity will continue for the rest of the decade.

it would be even better were someone to go on the record with a vote of confidence for the GM.

That's what leading the search imply, IMO.

The Pegulas appear to let actions speak louder than words, which is always the best way to proceed as owners...

I think in many ways actions speak louder than words -- especially when those words are run through the click-bait driven conglomerations that pass for sports media these days.

I posted an AP feed on the story. Not sure how you consider that click-bait.

With all the talk of Polian coming in, I worried that Pegs had soured on Whaley or that Whaley's relationship with the Pegulas was strained. Worst case scenario would be that Whaley was so miffed that he would quit.

Hearing that Whaley is leading the search gives me a feeling that there is some stability at OBD after all.