YoloinOhio

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for Whaley

Bad news for us.

The whole Reich thing is predicated on nostalgia. Not saying that Reich won't be good, but he wasn't great with SD as an OC, he led the Chargers to one of their worst offenses in over a decade, the only worse one was under Hal Hunter (right, who's he) two years ago.

This sounds good on paper but practically speaking is a roll-of-the-dice at best.

I don't like the idea of Whaley being able to do more long-term damage to this organization. He'll hire someone that he can control more given how things ended up with Marrone. That's not good for us.

Bad news for us.

The whole Reich thing is predicated on nostalgia. Not saying that Reich won't be good, but he wasn't great with SD as an OC, he led the Chargers to one of their worst offenses in over a decade, the only worse one was under Hal Hunter (right, who's he) two years ago.

This sounds good on paper but practically speaking is a roll-of-the-dice at best.

I don't like the idea of Whaley being able to do more long-term damage to this organization. He'll hire someone that he can control more given how things ended up with Marrone. That's not good for us.

You are a crack smoker.

I think Pegula is correct in empowering Whaley to find the coach.

This is called If successful "empowering your team and giving them the tools to succedd" and if it doesn't work then you "gave Whaley enough rope to hang himself"

If the report is correct I like the show of support by Pegula to Whaley

Pegula: "Listen Whaley, you're the man now, go find me a coach and win a Super Bowl"

This gives Pegula atleast a year or two stay on course before tearing down the organization from scratch.

Although I have been told how stupid I am for drawing any comparisons, it appears Pegula will be following his Sabres game plan. Ride it out before you tear it down.

I'm sure whoever Whaley will bring it, will know that the organization is in a show and prove mode and 2015 is about getting to the playoffs - No Patience - No "rebuild" - Win NOw.

Not every coach will want that kind of pressure but whoever comes on board will know they're tied to Whaley's fate not Pegula's.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I have no problem with Russ advising in the search, as long as Whaley is head-manning it...Russ' involvement will help from a "here's what we can provide orgnaizationally" perspective IMO.

This is where Polian would have been nice...

Russ Brandon is certainly qualified to assist in the search. He has great experience with the assistance of hiring Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, and Doug Marrone.

Also...need to have a marketing guy in there to make sure the head coach knows how to deflect the media properly.

Bad news for us.

I do understand everyone has their opinions and that Whaley isn't a fan favorite with everyone, I respect it. However I tend to scrunch my nose when I read statements like the bolded. There's opinions and there's fantasy. There hasn't been a move -- even if you hated the Watkins trade -- that Whaley has made which has damaged this franchise long term. The man has improved the talent on the roster 10 fold, built a championship caliber defense, and with his second choice at HC and a pop-gun offense got the team to 9 wins.

The outlook for the Bills is pointed up, not down. And a lot of that has to do with Whaley.

I think Pegula has got to do this.

This is called If successful "empowering your team and giving them the tools to succedd" and if it doesn't work then you "gave Whaley enough rope to hang himself"

If the report is correct I like the show of support by Pegula to Whaley

Pegula: "Listen Whaley, you're the man now, go find me a coach and win a Super Bowl"

This gives Pegula atleast a year or two stay on course before tearing down the organization from scratch.

Although I have been told how stupid I am for drawing any comparisons, it appears Pegula will be following his Sabres game plan. Ride it out before you tear it down.

That would have meant keeping Marrone for a few more years, too. This is not the Sabres plan.

I do understand everyone has their opinions and that Whaley isn't a fan favorite with everyone, I respect it. However I tend to scrunch my nose when I read statements like the bolded. There's opinions and there's fantasy. There hasn't been a move -- even if you hated the Watkins trade -- that Whaley has made which has damaged this franchise long term. The man has improved the talent on the roster 10 fold, built a championship caliber defense, and with his second choice at HC and a pop-gun offense got the team to 9 wins.

The outlook for the Bills is pointed up, not down. And a lot of that has to do with Whaley.

I'm glad you said that. I share your view as well!!!

Warrow just reported Russ will be "advising" in the search. :wallbash:

I hope your head doesn't explode when we learn Overdorf is also advising in his role as chief contract negotiator. Not a big deal.

GO BILLS!!!

That would have meant keeping Marrone for a few more years, too. This is not the Sabres plan.

Marrone obviously flipped the script.

Giving Whaley\Marrone 2015 to show and prove was clearly Pegula's plan. Marrone tried a power play and Pegula smacked him down.

Now Whaley is still on the hook to show and prove and can go pick a coach to do it with.

Again I've been told how completely ridiculous it is to make the comparisons to the Sabres. (Doesn't mean I agree at all with the consensus)

Edited by Why So Serious?

Yeah, what he said. Much better than my poignant "crack smoker" line.