Whaley will head coaching search

YoloinOhio

Oh for crissakes. Is there no end to stuff we can just throw out there?

But let me play along. If Polian was gonna bring AJ Smith back, I hope he doesn't get within 20 feet of the building. AJ Smith is a dick. Makes Marrone look like a secure individual.

GO BILLS!!!

dont you know that anyone they have ever worked with, coached, met, or shaken hands with is automatically taking the jobs of those in place that they are not known to be bff with?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, K-9. Saw it somewhere, and I should have referenced it. Still think this whole thing is really screwed up.

it is really screwed up. polian said as much in carucci's piece. the team went from needing tweaking to a major cluster, umm, headache in a few days. whatever you think of polian, he's seen everything there is to see on the business side. he knows a mess when he sees it.

it is really screwed up. polian said as much in carucci's piece. the team went from needing tweaking to a major cluster, umm, headache in a few days. whatever you think of polian, he's seen everything there is to see on the business side. he knows a mess when he sees it.

Why? Because they now need a HC and a whole new offensive staff as opposed to just a whole new offensive staff?

So now Overdorf is not in the meetings but Mrs. Pegula is. New coach will report directly to the Pegulas. Whaley is heading what now exactly? The coffee & donut committee? Turning into a circus by the hour.

This is all just sh*t people are throwing at the wall.

So now Overdorf is not in the meetings but Mrs. Pegula is. New coach will report directly to the Pegulas. Whaley is heading what now exactly? The coffee & donut committee? Turning into a circus by the hour.

sometimes i wonder if this is what some of you actually think, or if its just being a drama queen for fun?

I have no idea why this still can't happen. The Bills need someone at the top who knows football. I like Whaley, but he is still so very new at being a GM.

Whaley has been the GM for two years and his failure on the offensive side has been more then obvious. Failure to find the franchise QB, and at this point any decent veteran QB. A bigger failure build a remotely decent offensive line. Failed free agents, and draft picks. Three draft picks for, including two first rounders for a WR when the team still doesn't have a franchise QB. If he couldn't have been able to make the trade for Sammy its a known fact he would have drafted Eric Ebron #1, and Cyrus Kounandjio #2 :sick: I can recall reading that the team was very high on Odell Beckham Jr early in the draft evaluation process, and have no idea why they soured on him.

Exactly what qualifies Whaley good enough to select the next HC, or even determine the best candidate when he can't get anything right on the offensive side of the game? Brandon / Nix with Gailey, Brandon Nix with Marrone, now Brandon / Whaley / Pegula on the next guy?

How Brandon still has any say on the football side to me is completely bewildering considering he OKed that contract for Marrone to get 4 mill for walking away, and still getting the 4 mill even if he takes a new HC job. I don't even see why Brandon is still even needed on the football side.

I'm still hoping for a president of football operations with real NFL experience, and that has a decent past history of winning. I know I'd prefer someone like Green Bay's Ted Thompson.

Is Whaley responsible for the regression of the offense this year even with an average veteran that he did bring in? They originally brought Kolb in as the vet to mentor EJ, but we know how that ended. What other options were there? How many other teams are struggling to find a QB to lead them? The EJ experiment isn't done yet either.

Regarding the Oline, I blame Marrone, and i think we'll see that next year when they bring in a good OC and Oline coach. I think you've given up on CK too early. He was a raw talent, not ready for prime time. Let's see what he can do this year. In fact, I'm thinking we might see an Oline made up of Henderson, Glenn, Woods, Urbik, and CK next year, with 3 veterans manning the interior. Glenn might just be the all-pro guard we've been waiting for. All speculation at this point.

Whaley and his staff are doing excellent imho.

Whaley heading the coaching search. Pretty important, actually.

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 8m8 minutes ago

Next Bills coach reports directly to Pegula.

Not a fan of that reporting structure, but so be it.

I suspect a major part of the HC selection criteria will be "can you work with a consensus-driven management structure?" No more Nepoleon's like Marrone...

This is the right move. I never understood the football czar thing. Too many cooks. Your GM should be in charge of all football operations. If he fails, hire a consultant to find a new one, but once you find one they should be given a large amount of autonomy, with the understanding that if it fails it's on them.

Is Whaley responsible for the regression of the offense this year even with an average veteran that he did bring in? They originally brought Kolb in as the vet to mentor EJ, but we know how that ended. What other options were there? How many other teams are struggling to find a QB to lead them? The EJ experiment isn't done yet either.

Regarding the Oline, I blame Marrone, and i think we'll see that next year when they bring in a good OC and Oline coach. I think you've given up on CK too early. He was a raw talent, not ready for prime time. Let's see what he can do this year. In fact, I'm thinking we might see an Oline made up of Henderson, Glenn, Woods, Urbik, and CK next year, with 3 veterans manning the interior. Glenn might just be the all-pro guard we've been waiting for. All speculation at this point.

Whaley and his staff are doing excellent imho.

Whaley has not shown anything in regards to his ability to be the ultimate decision maker at the top of a football department. In fact, the three biggest moves the Bills have made with him in charge don't look like great decisions (Doug Marrone, EJ Manuel and the overall QB situation, and the Watkins trade). Now maybe his role in these decisions was minimal, in which case you can make the argument that he simply does not have enough experience to run an NFL team.

There is a big difference between running the personnel department and running the whole show.

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 8m8 minutes ago

More info on Bills interviews: Terry Pegula will conduct them w/Whaley & Brandon. No Overdorf. Next Bills coach reports directly to Pegula.

So can we stop whining now?

Actually this is really really really bad.

If I am a HC i'm a little worried by that reporting structure. It shows that Whaley may have have a boot up his ass already.

Not good.