Another QB thread. FA QB's for 2015

boyst

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philbin is terrible, I live in sofla and the consensus here is that he's clueless to what's going on in his locker room. He's too soft spoken in many peoples opinion.

Similar to Wade Phillips. Philbin may just be a good coordinator who doesn't have what it takes to be a HC. Another good example is Schwartz. Good DC...horrible HC.

Seeing as we are where we are at with no number one pick to generate a franchise changing pick in next years draft i thought i would gather some names & see what you all think of these available guys & just throw them out there .

Bills- EJ & Orton

St. Louis - Sam Bradford

Eagles - Sanchez

Browns - Hoyer

R Skins - RG 3

Bucs - Mike Glennon

Texans - Mallet & Shaub

Bengals - Jason Campell & AJ McCarron

Fins - Matt Moore

Raiders - Matt Mcgloin

? - Arron Murray

? - Landry Jones

Cards - Drew Stanton

Last but not least - Fitz

Fitz will never happen but all of these guys could be had at a reasonable price .

AJ McCarron - Landry Jones - Bradford - Matt Moore could all be had pretty cheap i'm thinking & the first 2 were great QB's n college & did a lot more than EJ & i think will be really good NFL QB's

Just Throwing it out there !!

Bradford is the only one with a potentially strong upside, if you can keep him healthy.

Kinda wish we would have went with Nassib and let him sit and learn. I know that was the plan with EJ, but I think Nassib is going to develop. Hindsight...

With the group the OP posted, I gotta go with Bradford an keep Orton because with Bradford starting, you will need good back up.

The Bills are banking on EJ still.

pretty carzy but thats what we got. do they risk the cash on Stanford? i don't know that

don anyone fool yourself other wise.

There is little option right now without digging a bigger hole. Losing the 1st rounder this year has left the Bills in a squeeze.

Be interesting to see how Whaley plays the off season this time around

• 3 weeks later...

These are a couple suggestions for QBs to compete with EJ...

1. Jason Campbell - free agent - he has experience and could be a good mentor for EJ going forward. Also Hue Jackson is familiar with him from time in Oakland and Cincinnati this year. When he was in Oakland, he had them playing well until a season ending injury. That was the year Oakland finished 8-8 and Jackson was fired after Al Davis had passed away. I know he looked terrible when he came in for Cutler a couple years ago but I am not expecting him to start.

2. Chase Daniel - trade from KC. He is now 28 and shows a lot of poise in limited action (week 17 the last two years). Not sure about using him as a long term solution but he has never had a fair shake as a starter (backed up Brees at one point).

3. Drew Stanton - trade - viable option as a backup who may still want to compete for a starting job. Injury concerns and unclear what Palmer's return schedule from injury looks like.

Agree? Disagree? Other thoughts?

See thread on Tyrod Taylor

Summary:

- Free Agent - at end of 4 year deal with Ravens

- Poor man's Russell Wilson - just faster and more elusive

- Arm is as strong if not stronger then RW and accurate

- Four year, unseated #2 to Joe Flacco

- Wants to start - badly enough to take low $ (think 1/3 of Orton $ish)

- Is 2-0 vs Russel Wilson in same college conference, and 1-0 vs EJ and Ponder both

- Holds all VT PASSING records and is almost as fast as Vick at his prime.

- Held clipboard behind Flacco - with OC's Cam Cameron and Gary Kubiak

- Proven winner at every level

- Unproven as a starter but could be a steal .. that's the beauty

What are the realistic names? Can we start a list?

Free Agents:

Mark Sanchez

Brian Hoyer

Matt Moore

Christian Ponder

(pretty gross list)

Via Trade (based purely on who may be available)

Matt Ryan (longshot)

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Kirk Cousins

Who are we missing? I think there will be discussions about the Bills trading for Kaepernick and Cutler for most of the offseason. But my hunch is that they go with Hoyer or Sanchez.

Free Agents:

Mark Sanchez

Brian Hoyer

Matt Moore

Christian Ponder

(pretty gross list)

Matt Ryan (longshot)

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Kirk Cousins

Who are we missing? I think there will be discussions about the Bills trading for Kaepernick and Cutler for most of the offseason. But my hunch is that they go with Hoyer or Sanchez.

Before the forum cops shut you down ("use the search function!"), allow me to say thank you for including Ponder. Why? Well, not because he's any good (he isn't). Because he's no worse than EJ. In fact, he actually has a little success to show for his time as a starter. Yet we keep hearing EJ can improve, but presumably Ponder can't? Bottom line is they both have minimal value and only the desperate would be looking at either one as a starter in 2015.

Free Agents:

Mark Sanchez

Brian Hoyer

Matt Moore

Christian Ponder

(pretty gross list)

Matt Ryan (longshot)

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Kirk Cousins

Hahah I see Keep and Matt Ryan on that list.

I know you said Matt Ryan was a "long shot" FA, but there is a zero percentage chance he finds the FA list. Falcons just signed him to a long term deal and he's the face of their franchise. Plus, I live in ATL and there hasn't been any whisper of Matt being released or traded away. He's without a doubt a top ten NFL QB.

With that being said, I would love to be wrong;)

If they wanted to, I think they could pry Glennon away. They'd have to like him as much as me, probably.

Mike Glennon: Lovie Smith clearly has no use for Glennon despite all the promise he's shown in 18 career starts. Smith isn't going anywhere, so perhaps Glennon will. We have to believe that some team out there will be intrigued by the aggressiveness Glennon has shown in two seasons. He's better than some starters out there and might only cost a mid-to-late round pick for the last two years of his contract.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000449237/article/qb-index-which-qbs-will-be-available-in-2015

He is undoubtedly our best bet. I would love to see this happen.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

BJ Daniels

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/seahawks-put-paul-richardson-on-injured-reserve-call-up-qb-b-j-daniels/

It's no coincidence he plays for Seattle. He can be compared to Russell Wilson. Actually drafted by Jim Harbaugh and 49ers in 2013.

I saw him play in a Seattle PS game this year. He looked really good. Led the Hawks on 4th quarter TD scoring drive. I'd love to bring him in to compete with EJ and Tuel Time.

I saw him play in a Seattle PS game this year. He looked really good. Led the Hawks on 4th quarter TD scoring drive. I'd love to bring him in to compete with EJ and Tuel Time.

Thank you...I have been posting everywhere and it does not seem anyone is aware of him. I agree...bring him in. He also knows Roman's system from his time in SF where he also had a very good preseason.