Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The hottest day on record has a sample size of....44 years!  Glacial cycles are roughly 10,000 years in length, but we're supposed to be concerned about an event that occurred in a sample size of 44 years.  Heck the sample size is smaller than the Bills have been around, ha ha ha ha!

Earth hit an unofficial record high temperature this week – and stayed there

"And for the seven-day period ending Wednesday, the daily average temperature was .08 degrees Fahrenheit (.04 degrees Celsius) higher than any week in 44 years of record-keeping..."

Edited by Precision
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I noticed several headlines on Wednesday declaring the 4th of July the HOTTEST DAY ON RECORD! I know that was supposed to prompt me to panic and go buy an electric vehicle or something, but as overwrought headlines often do, it prompted me, instead, to ponder: If Tuesday was the hottest day…what day held the record previously? Was it the day before? A year or two ago? Have we, with all our gross carbon footprint-y human-ing, been steadily building to this searing, ice cap melting crescendo?

So…I looked into it, and here’s what I discovered: First, the next hottest day was, in fact, the day before — which stands to reason if we’re in the middle of a heat wave. The next hottest day before that? August 2016. The experts attribute the soaring temps to “a dangerous combination of climate change,” the return of El Niño, and the start of Summer.

Second, the modeling system they use to measure the global average temperature has only been in use since 1979. And while instrument-based records date back to the mid-19th Century, scientists depend on data from tree rings and ice cores to provide “proxy data” for temps prior. That proxy data tells them: “It hasn’t been this warm since…125,000 years ago.”

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/07/07/moore-to-the-point-hottest-day-ever-n772471

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I noticed several headlines on Wednesday declaring the 4th of July the HOTTEST DAY ON RECORD! I know that was supposed to prompt me to panic and go buy an electric vehicle or something, but as overwrought headlines often do, it prompted me, instead, to ponder: If Tuesday was the hottest day…what day held the record previously? Was it the day before? A year or two ago? Have we, with all our gross carbon footprint-y human-ing, been steadily building to this searing, ice cap melting crescendo?

So…I looked into it, and here’s what I discovered: First, the next hottest day was, in fact, the day before — which stands to reason if we’re in the middle of a heat wave. The next hottest day before that? August 2016. The experts attribute the soaring temps to “a dangerous combination of climate change,” the return of El Niño, and the start of Summer.

Second, the modeling system they use to measure the global average temperature has only been in use since 1979. And while instrument-based records date back to the mid-19th Century, scientists depend on data from tree rings and ice cores to provide “proxy data” for temps prior. That proxy data tells them: “It hasn’t been this warm since…125,000 years ago.”

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/07/07/moore-to-the-point-hottest-day-ever-n772471

You posted from a well know lie factory? That's you bro! That you 

52 minutes ago, Precision said:

The hottest day on record has a sample size of....44 years!  Glacial cycles are roughly 10,000 years in length, but we're supposed to be concerned about an event that occurred in a sample size of 44 years.  Heck the sample size is smaller than the Bills have been around, ha ha ha ha!

Earth hit an unofficial record high temperature this week – and stayed there

"And for the seven-day period ending Wednesday, the daily average temperature was .08 degrees Fahrenheit (.04 degrees Celsius) higher than any week in 44 years of record-keeping..."

Yup, and inside that last 10,000 years civilization developed, you know, the societies we live in. Our sweet spot, and global warming is changing that 

SUSTAINABLE FUTURE Wind turbine troubles have sent one stock tumbling. There are fears it could be a much wider issue.....

"In turbines built in 2023, more than 40% of gearboxes will need to be replaced after 20 years of project life, according to ONYX, along with over 20% of main bearings and more than 5% of blades."

Stock dropped 37% in June, I wonder how many ESG clowns have Siemens Energy in their portfolio?

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Milloy Exposes Climate Fearmongering About Hot Weather.

After 50+ years of failed eco-apocalypse predictions, it’s no surprise to find that climate alarmists are cherry-picking or manipulating some data and ignoring inconvenient evidence to prop up their climate narrative. Media and politicians are ignoring the areas of America that are cooler than previous summers — but they’re also ignoring data upending their claims of record heat.

Data shows that the world has not in fact experienced global warming for the last eight years. Also, a recent study found that CO2 emissions from fossil fuels are too low to cause global warming. Not only that but no fewer than 36 climate models were also recently found to have overestimated warming in the U.S. corn belt. These are the stories you won’t hear from climate alarmist media.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/07/25/a-hoax-steve-milloy-exposes-climate-fearmongering-about-hot-weather-n1713475

Is anyone surprised......

Tesla Exaggerated Its Cars’ Driving Range—And Canceled Service Appointments If Drivers Complained, Report Says

"Tesla programmers rigged the cars’ range-estimating software to exaggerate how far they could go without running out of battery and then, when charge on the battery fell below 50%, readjust to a more realistic projection, one Tesla employee told Reuters—an idea that came directly from CEO Elon Musk himself."

1 minute ago, Precision said:

Tesla Exaggerated Its Cars’ Driving Range—And Canceled Service Appointments If Drivers Complained, Report Says

"Tesla programmers rigged the cars’ range-estimating software to exaggerate how far they could go without running out of battery and then, when charge on the battery fell below 50%, readjust to a more realistic projection, one Tesla employee told Reuters—an idea that came directly from CEO Elon Musk himself."

Shocking!

I used to have one of those gauges in an ICE car. It would tell me my range was 430 miles, then drop like a rock whe. It hit 150. Bad engineering, not fraud in that case. 

Ship burning with 3000 cars on it. Believed to be the EV batteries that started it. 30 of age cars were TVs. Solar farm near Watertown , NY burning right now. Believed to be the storage  batteries n the solar farm. May take weeks to put out

On 7/27/2023 at 11:55 AM, Precision said:

I have a Tesla (S100D) and drove from near Hartford CT to Pittsford last weekend.  My car is almost 6 years old so my full battery capacity is around 315 miles (doqn from 360 originally).  I was able to make the 333 mile drive with 1 stop each time to charge for about an hour (where we ate, went to the bathroom, etc.).  The range estimate doesn't and can't take into account weather, terrain, speed of the driver (the faster you go above 65 MPH the lower the range).  And like with any ICE car, you need to monitor your range and charge before it gets too low.

On 7/2/2023 at 5:56 AM, Precision said:

So how does the green crowd feel about wind farms knowing that they will impact the bald eagle population in WNY?  

Years after saving the bald eagle, 82 of them could be killed in NY wind farm projects

Personally, I would like to see us look into nuclear options for power

We need alternative forms of energy

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have a Tesla (S100D) and drove from near Hartford CT to Pittsford last weekend.  My car is almost 6 years old so my full battery capacity is around 315 miles (doqn from 360 originally).  I was able to make the 333 mile drive with 1 stop each time to charge for about an hour (where we ate, went to the bathroom, etc.).  The range estimate doesn't and can't take into account weather, terrain, speed of the driver (the faster you go above 65 MPH the lower the range).  And like with any ICE car, you need to monitor your range and charge before it gets too low.

I tried out an electric car a while back. You do not want one of those going in the caterpillar mode.

11 hours ago, Doc said:

Hope you are enjoying your vehicle.  I drove an "S" couple of years ago and really enjoyed how quiet the vehicle was.  It was more than we wanted to spend and being in NH I was worried about the range during our cold winter months.

My thoughts regarding range are that the car should take into account the weather (temperature) the second it is turned on and adjust the estimated range accordingly.  Performing this would be trivial, range loss in extremely hot or cold conditions is on the order of 20% which is significant.  Most current vehicles provide real time feedback on the driver's mileage based on speed and driving style (my 2019 A6 vehicle does this).  Drove from NH to WNY in June, when I started the trip, I thought I would need to stop for gas.  The vehicle stated my mileage was 26 MPG (415 miles of range) when I left NH, it adjusted up to 33 MPG (525 miles of range) by the time I had hit Springfield MA as the driving was all highway and traffic was light.  

Having said all of the above, to me there are 2 issues from the article.  First was that when owners called Tesla regarding range concerns, they were lied to regarding remote diagnostics being performed on their vehicle.  The second was that Telsa should have informed customers that range is only adjusted once the batteries reach 50% of their charge.  In some areas of the US depending on the loss in range customers might have difficulties reaching a charging station.

"When customers noticed their range wasn’t matching the dashboard estimates and called the company to make service appointments, Tesla employees would follow directives to tell customers they'd performed “remote diagnostics” and cancel the appointment, the report said.

The company reportedly went as far as to create an entire Las Vegas-based “diversion team” devoted to quieting customer complaints about the inaccurate range, a group that was told by managers it saved Tesla $1,000 for every appointment it canceled."

16 minutes ago, Precision said:

Hope you are enjoying your vehicle.  I drove an "S" couple of years ago and really enjoyed how quiet the vehicle was.  It was more than we wanted to spend and being in NH I was worried about the range during our cold winter months.

My thoughts regarding range are that the car should take into account the weather (temperature) the second it is turned on and adjust the estimated range accordingly.  Performing this would be trivial, range loss in extremely hot or cold conditions is on the order of 20% which is significant.  Most current vehicles provide real time feedback on the driver's mileage based on speed and driving style (my 2019 A6 vehicle does this).  Drove from NH to WNY in June, when I started the trip, I thought I would need to stop for gas.  The vehicle stated my mileage was 26 MPG (415 miles of range) when I left NH, it adjusted up to 33 MPG (525 miles of range) by the time I had hit Springfield MA as the driving was all highway and traffic was light.  

Having said all of the above, to me there are 2 issues from the article.  First was that when owners called Tesla regarding range concerns, they were lied to regarding remote diagnostics being performed on their vehicle.  The second was that Telsa should have informed customers that range is only adjusted once the batteries reach 50% of their charge.  In some areas of the US depending on the loss in range customers might have difficulties reaching a charging station.

"When customers noticed their range wasn’t matching the dashboard estimates and called the company to make service appointments, Tesla employees would follow directives to tell customers they'd performed “remote diagnostics” and cancel the appointment, the report said.

The company reportedly went as far as to create an entire Las Vegas-based “diversion team” devoted to quieting customer complaints about the inaccurate range, a group that was told by managers it saved Tesla $1,000 for every appointment it canceled."

I’ve only had my BMW i4 for a year but so far have been extremely pleased with the actual and estimated range. It’s gotten to the point where I rarely even think about it. And our second vehicle is gas powered. Mind you that we live in Southern California where weather is pretty close to ideal. 

56 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve only had my BMW i4 for a year but so far have been extremely pleased with the actual and estimated range. It’s gotten to the point where I rarely even think about it. And our second vehicle is gas powered. Mind you that we live in Southern California where weather is pretty close to ideal. 

I drove from Albany to Buffalo several times recently.  I have a Grand Cherokee, didn’t worry too much about gas mileage, gas cost, but the logjams at the new rest areas sucked somein awful. 

The I4 is a nice looking car So Cal Richboy Deek. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I drove from Albany to Buffalo several times recently.  I have a Grand Cherokee, didn’t worry too much about gas mileage, gas cost, but the logjams at the new rest areas sucked somein awful. 

The I4 is a nice looking car So Cal Richboy Deek. 

Thanks! It was surprisingly less expensive than you might expect. 

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I tried out an electric car a while back. You do not want one of those going in the caterpillar mode.

I am very much in favor of nuclear as well.  Some of the small nuclear reactors coming out are promising regarding cost, efficiency and waste.  My preference would be to expand nuclear rather than spend so heavily on green energy.

I think solar does have a place in the energy infrastructure but have never been a fan of wind. 

I would like to hear from posters who advocate wind turbines as a power source.  An energy source that is intermittent, has a lifespan of roughly 20 years, a yearly MTBF of 1% per year, can impact local people and fowl (in this case eagles).  How much money was spent introducing bald eagles back into WNY only to have them unceremoniously chopped up in the name of climate change?  Have any advocates of wind turbines spent time or lived near them?  Who is responsible for cleanup from failed wind turbines or the decommissioning of them?  

The farmer in Rexville NY who had charred fiberglass all over his property from the wind turbine that caught fire there this spring.  Will he be fairly compensated for the cleanup, current damage and potentially future damage to his land? 

Are subjects like any of the above even factored into the analysis of wind power or since it's "green" some choose not to discuss the shortfalls?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Where’s the fun in calling you SoCalSensibleSpendingDeek?

What’s interesting is that people assume that others who are of ‘means’ got that way through their less than sensible spending. In general I’ve found the exact opposite to be the case. 😁

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nice car!  Glad to hear that your estimated range has been good!

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

?

7 hours ago, Precision said:

I love the car.  Only gripe is charging during long trips.  But that's an issue for every electric car and one that will need to be solved.  I use it to drive 42 miles to and from work everyday and charge overnight with no problem (it takes just 2 hours to recharge that much).

As for range, outside temperature can't be used because it depends on what the driver selects as their heating or cooling option (i.e. using it and for how long, what temp, how fast the fan speed, etc.) because that's what uses more battery/range.  And I've had service requests cancelled if they were deemed frivolous (software updates in my case).  It sounds like bitching just to B word because, again, YMMV and there are chargers everywhere.

Edited by Doc

I really haven't seen anything about EV range or charge life  in climates like WNY winters.we get a storm like last Christmas and your EV is sitting there for another week or more.

• Like (+1) 1

Overheated

Substack, by Jeff Childers

This morning I take a crack at debunking the climate narrative and you won’t believe what they haven’t been telling us

(Snip)

Surely you’ve seen all the climate hysteria lately, and probably seen lots of counter argument. But there are some things they haven’t been telling us, that are in themselves complete explanations for any increased world temperatures we might be living through this summer. It’s not carbon dioxide, as crypto-marxist, faux protest group “Extinction Rebellion” wants you to think: Let’s meet the historic, record-shattering Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption of 2022, which I bet you never heard of.

The volcano was underwater. It was larger than anything in modern history. It sent 150,000 metric tons of super-heated water into the atmosphere, which will heat up the climate for years. The piece includes excerpts from NASA documents and research studies

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/overheated-friday-july-28-2023-c

• Like (+1) 1

Ford Keeps Losing More Money Making Electric Cars No One Wants

ack in March, I wrote that, “Ford reported that it’s going to lose $3 billion on electric cars in 2023. Unlike most automakers, Ford reports its electric vehicle numbers separately, but experts estimate that most car companies are losing similar amounts on the dead end business.”

“Ford plans to make 2 million electric cars every year by 2025. That would be impressive considering that Ford only sold 61,575 of them in 2022. It sold 3,624 electric vehicles in Feb 2023.”

And the numbers just keep getting worse. It’s now a loss of $4.5 billion.

The truth is this was the plan - democrats stealing money and giving a lot of it to their chinese allies.

It's a big heist.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On 7/29/2023 at 12:35 PM, Doc said:

?

I love the car.  Only gripe is charging during long trips.  But that's an issue for every electric car and one that will need to be solved.  I use it to drive 42 miles to and from work everyday and charge overnight with no problem (it takes just 2 hours to recharge that much).

As for range, outside temperature can't be used because it depends on what the driver selects as their heating or cooling option (i.e. using it, what temp and how fast the fan speed).  And I've had service requests cancelled if they were deemed frivolous (software updates in my case).  It sounds like bitching just to B word because, again, YMMV and there are chargers everywhere.

Glad it has been a good vehicle for you!  

I did not realize that Tesla would cancel service requests they deemed frivolous.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it is certainly different from my experience in servicing my vehicles.  I think the issue in the linked article was that Tesla indicated to owners that they had performed "remote diagnostics" on the vehicle when they had not.  I could see why Tesla would consider this frivolous but as an owner I would be upset at being misled regarding the diagnostics not being performed.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make regarding range.  At hot and cold temperatures your car will have less range due to the reduced energy storage of the batteries.  This is regardless of how or if you use the HVAC/stereo/wipers/lights/etc.  This loss of range is not fed back to the driver until late in the process of driving, not until the battery hits 50% of its stored energy.  As an example, your car at an outside temperature of 32F will indicate 315 miles of range at startup even though it is impossible for it to exceed 250 miles.  

image.thumb.png.e6bf2a767abb336d5595e5ee8ac638b2.png

Referencing the graph, temperatures in the single digits can drop range by 50%.  This is certainly an issue for some drivers and is potentially a safety issue depending on your location/distance between charging stations. 

Adjusting the "potential range" (which as you indicated is likely even less) based on the energy stored in the batteries (which correlates with outside temperature) is the responsible path that Tesla should have taken rather than just indicating the possible range under ideal circumstances.  This large variance in range without informing the driver would certainly initiate a recall in an ICE vehicle.  

1 hour ago, Precision said:

Glad it has been a good vehicle for you!  

I did not realize that Tesla would cancel service requests they deemed frivolous.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it is certainly different from my experience in servicing my vehicles.  I think the issue in the linked article was that Tesla indicated to owners that they had performed "remote diagnostics" on the vehicle when they had not.  I could see why Tesla would consider this frivolous but as an owner I would be upset at being misled regarding the diagnostics not being performed.

I don't think you understood the point I was trying to make regarding range.  At hot and cold temperatures your car will have less range due to the reduced energy storage of the batteries.  This is regardless of how or if you use the HVAC/stereo/wipers/lights/etc.  This loss of range is not fed back to the driver until late in the process of driving, not until the battery hits 50% of its stored energy.  As an example, your car at an outside temperature of 32F will indicate 315 miles of range at startup even though it is impossible for it to exceed 250 miles.  

image.thumb.png.e6bf2a767abb336d5595e5ee8ac638b2.png

Referencing the graph, temperatures in the single digits can drop range by 50%.  This is certainly an issue for some drivers and is potentially a safety issue depending on your location/distance between charging stations. 

Adjusting the "potential range" (which as you indicated is likely even less) based on the energy stored in the batteries (which correlates with outside temperature) is the responsible path that Tesla should have taken rather than just indicating the possible range under ideal circumstances.  This large variance in range without informing the driver would certainly initiate a recall in an ICE vehicle.  

I have a friend who rents a Tesla out on Turo and he has found the demand for one has dropped drastically over the past two years, and his other vehicles are renting better. He is not sure why but in 2021 it was his best profit maker vehicle, and now it is not even average- he has a total of 8 vehicles between him and his in-laws.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2023 at 10:51 AM, Orlando Tim said:

I have a friend who rents a Tesla out on Turo and he has found the demand for one has dropped drastically over the past two years, and his other vehicles are renting better. He is not sure why but in 2021 it was his best profit maker vehicle, and now it is not even average- he has a total of 8 vehicles between him and his in-laws.

That is odd!  Maybe higher gas prices previously or perhaps the EV novelty wore off?

2 hours ago, Precision said:

That is odd!  Maybe higher gas prices previously or perhaps the EV novelty wore off?

It's more likely because (a) there are many competitors to Tesla if you really want to rent an EV (b) some Democrats are still pissed off at Musk, so they don't want that stank on them. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It's more likely because (a) there are many competitors to Tesla if you really want to rent an EV (b) some Democrats are still pissed off at Musk, so they don't want that stank on them. 

I did not ask him the question if there are a lot more EVs available on that site now, I probably should have started there. 2 years ago the Turo market in Florida was very hot, now it is not hot at all