Global warming err Climate change HOAX

Whatever they are calling this boogieman these days,as we were shoveling today during the record national cold wave my neighbor had a good point.When I was in high school (1980) my ultra lib environmental science teacher assured the students in my class that there was an impending ice age. A few years after I graduated from HS I heard a few teenagers talking about global warming in a book store.I did some research and I quickly realized the same thing my neighbor said today.Well before the industrial period in the world had started the worlds ice that covered most of the continent had melted during a warming period.Obviously that warming was not caused by man because the industrial era was not existent at that point so it was a natural cycle.

Man caused global warming/climate change is nothing more than a boogieman created by the left in this country and now the world to control policy.Furthermore whenever a scientist pushes this agenda one only has to Google their name and you'll soon discover that that scientist is financed by some government entity.I also discovered a couple of years ago that many scientists have been caught skewing data because the numbers didn't match their hysterical agenda.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) I don't know any scientist that says man has caused global warming. Only that man-made contributions have accelerated the process over the last several decades. This is a universally accepted paradigm.

2.) It's interesting that the biggest critics of that paradigm and those spending the biggest dollars in the campaign against it are the very industries that contribute the most in terms of man's contribution to problem.

3.) Please learn the difference between weather and climate.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Also accept that the weather isn't the same everywhere. The entire globe didn't get 5 feet of snow. The "warming" in global warming refers to the Earth's average temperature. It doesn't mean it's never going to snow again.

Think of that extra heat as a pendulum. The more energy in a pendulum the wider it swings. More extremes at either end....like 5-foot snowfalls and massive droughts.

1.) I don't know any scientist that says man has caused global warming. Only that man-made contributions have accelerated the process over the last several decades. This is a universally accepted paradigm.

2.) It's interesting that the biggest critics of that paradigm and those spending the biggest dollars in the campaign against it are the very industries that contribute the most in terms of man's contribution to problem.

3.) Please learn the difference between weather and climate.

Actually, the official word is that man-made causes have been the "dominant cause" of warming over the past 250 years. The latest IPCC report cites a total anthropogenic radiative forcing of about 2.3, versus a naturally induced radiative forcing of +0.05.

So your first statement is dead wrong.

Like Rush Limbaugh says,The lib will always resort to personal attacks because the truth is not on their side and they know it.

No, I resort to personal attacks because I don't waste my time trying to teach a pig to sing. I prefer just beating the **** out of pigs who think they can sing.

And I'm not a liberal, you idiot.

Also accept that the weather isn't the same everywhere. The entire globe didn't get 5 feet of snow. The "warming" in global warming refers to the Earth's average temperature. It doesn't mean it's never going to snow again.

Think of that extra heat as a pendulum. The more energy in a pendulum the wider it swings. More extremes at either end....like 5-foot snowfalls and massive droughts.

Yeah but its getting colder,just ask the climate change scientists that were stuck in ice last year during the global warming cruise.There was more ice than they expected so they were stuck in the same ice that they have been telling us was vanishing.Its time to give it up and admit you were duped by Al Gore.

Actually, the official word is that man-made causes have been the "dominant cause" of warming over the past 250 years. The latest IPCC report cites a total anthropogenic radiative forcing of about 2.3, versus a naturally induced radiative forcing of +0.05.

No, I resort to personal attacks because I don't waste my time trying to teach a pig to sing. I prefer just beating the **** out of pigs who think they can sing.

And I'm not a liberal, you idiot.

Ah ,another personal attack. I know its embarrassing to admit that you were so easily duped .Give it up,its over.

Bullschit. It's just not at right as you'd like it to be.

Can't be any more correct on the aspect of it's universal acceptance, either.

Bullschit. It's just not at right as you'd like it to be.

Can't be any more correct on the aspect of it's universal acceptance, either.

It's not even me saying it. It's the IPCC.

What I would say is: the IPCC is full of ****. But they reflect the universally accepted paradigm, which is exactly what you said it's not.

He's gotta be an alias.

I'd think it's gatorman, but even gatorman's not so dumb that he can't post PPP topics on PPP.

This has been a bad couple days for global warming theorists.

Not at all. Global Warming models predict weather extremes.

The mean temperature of the planet is rising.

That's a fact.

The distribution of this heat is not uniform.

The planet Venus, which has an atmosphere that is almost 100% carbon dioxide and has a surface temperature of over 900F. is a 'living model' of a runaway greenhouse effect.

Continue sticking your heads in the sand.

You can't wish away FACT.

G'dday.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

Not at all. Global Warming models predict weather extremes.

The mean temperature of the planet is rising.

That's a fact.

The distribution of this heat is not uniform.

The planet Venus, which has an atmosphere that is almost 100% carbon dioxide and has a surface temperature of over 900F. is a 'living model' of a runaway greenhouse effect.

Continue sticking your heads in the sand.

You can't wish away FACT.

G'dday.

I wonder if these all are so factual then why did the scientists have to skew the data? Cause ITs A HOAX!!!!

No matter which way you look at it, the BILLS are trying to hire 500+ shovels, for $10 per hour, to remove an estimated 220,000 tons of "Global Warming from the Ralph. :lol:

LOL,also the nation is in the grips of record COLD

It's not even me saying it. It's the IPCC.

What I would say is: the IPCC is full of ****. But they reflect the universally accepted paradigm, which is exactly what you said it's not.

Are you objecting to my use of the term "last several decades?" I borrowed it from this quote in their report. I didn't need to delve much deeper to make a simple point, especially to an OP that doesn't seem to appreciate the difference between climate and weather.

Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and since the 1950s, many of the observed changes are unprecedented over decades to millennia. The atmosphere and ocean have warmed, the amounts of snow and ice have diminished, and sea level has risen. {1.1

And before you go all PPP on me, I have no desire to debate this or any other facet of the climate change argument. Been there, done that. I frankly don't give a crap what anyone else thinks about it at this point.

I wonder if these all are so factual then why did the scientists have to skew the data? Cause ITs A HOAX!!!!

LOL,also the nation is in the grips of record COLD

\

Are you climate scientist or just repeating what you hear on Fox News?

Not to hijack this thread, but I have to comment on the latest Orwellian twist: Net Neutrality. The narrative now being sold is that Net Neutrality is like the Fairness Doctrine, that is web traffic has to be equally conservative and liberal!!

Now anyone paying attention knows that is 100% NOT what Net Neutrality is. (In case you don't know it's a rule stating that internet companies cannot speed up some parts of the web and slow down others.) But lobbyists figured out if you couch any argument in liberal vs conservative terms you can get people to vote against their own interests. Heck, some people would give up both kidneys if Fox News said Obama wanted Americans to have kidneys.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

\

Are you climate scientist or just repeating what you hear on Fox News?

Yeah because FOX news,the #1 network in ratings for as long as I can remember is making up stories.They were the ONLY network to cover the Gruber controversy until O'reilly shamed the others into covering it.Like it or not they are rated high because people enjoy hearing the truth.Of course if you are like Gruber you know better and everyone else is just stupid.LOL