Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am elated at the news and almost as happy about the endless driveling debate about the possibility of the team moving being dead...killed...executed with no hope of revival. I am one of the fans who thinks Pegula has done and is doing a hell of a job with the Sabres, and while he gave Regir a little too long to prove his ineptness I do think it was in hopes of being fair and in trying to ferret out the true culprit of under-achieving with the hockey side of the operations. That said, I hope Pegula maintains a well-balanced and reasoned approach to the BILLS and before simply setting the team on fire to burn it all to the ground, he takes stock of its value and assesses the real issues and allows a thorough evaluation of the team and its operations before doing too much just for the sake of change. However, Mr. Pegula, thank you and welcome to one of the best fan bases in all of sports and this makes today a banner day....I'm sure RW is looking down with his own sense of relief and hope for the future while knowing his BILLS are now being transferred to a good steward who will work and allocate resources to win and bring a championship to Buffalo. Excellent day to be a BILLS fan, hopefully, just the second (the first was Sunday) of many more to come this year and for many years to follow....

Kirby expressed it in the Sale thread but IMO it requires repeating here:

I do appreciate the sentiments (and I think I speak for Kirby, Kelly, and a few others when I say they do as well). This was always about the team, the area, and the fans. It's a privilege being able to share some insights that could keep heads above water in a difficult time, but the most important part of this whole process is three-fold:

1) The team will be in Buffalo

2) The team will have dedicated, committed ownership for the next several decades

3) Ralph Wilson can now receive the accolades he deserves for ensuring that our Bills will never leave

Thanks for that. 3) cannot be underestimated. Ralph may deserve to be criticized for some of the team decisions he made over 50 years, and even for some of the monetary decisions he made over that time, although today is surely not the day to dwell on them. But way too many wrongly thought of him as only about money, and not caring about Buffalo, and were simply ill-informed or cynical about what made him tick. I hope this cements the fact that he did truly care about the city and the people.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I for one and sooooooooo glad this came just after a big emotional win for the team, too, for several reasons, not the least of which is fans that should be deliriously happy feeling, thinking and posting "Awesome but we still suck and EJ sucks." There is just such a wealth of optimism flitting through the air and the interwebs.

Even if we lose to the dolphins and the pessimists (somewhat rightfully) come out again like 80,000 people in the 1973 preseason home opener said "Great stadium but the team still sucks" after Herb Mul-Key took the inaugural opening kickoff back for a TD for the Redskins... Enjoy these few days. Be happy. Be hopeful.

The Bills being sold to Pegs made this season a success for me, regardless of what happened on the field. That being said, Bills fans going to the game better be screaming your lungs out when the Dols/opposing teams have the ball!

The Bills being sold to Pegs made this season a success for me, regardless of what happened on the field. That being said, Bills fans going to the game better be screaming your lungs out when the Dols/opposing teams have the ball!

I'd hate to be a fins fan going to the ralph this weekend.

I'm at work but only have this site up.

Have done zero work today

CBF

Haha likewise. And for the guy who said he was in Kansas City and nobody else would care or understand..... I'm in a Government building in London in the UK and the only other bloke who has a clue what I'm on about is my aforementioned Bears supporting boss and I don't know if he is still speaking to me...... :)

This is fantastic news, which because I am a skeptical bastard honestly did not think would happen. I just hope it doesn't turn out like a Bills game from the past where they have the lead with under a minute left in the game and blow it. How soon do the owners vote?

Owner's meeting is Oct. 8, at which time they'll unanimously approve Terry & Kim Pegula.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2014/09/09/terry-pegula-to-buy-buffalo-bills-for-1-1-billion-sources/

Sources are telling me that Terry Pegula has won the bidding for the Buffalo Bills for about $1.2 billion, a record price paid for a professional football team that does not own its stadium. The deal could be officially announced today by Morgan Stanley , the banker conducting the sale for the trust of the team’s late founder, Ralph Wilson.

@ByTimGraham

Jon Bon Jovi to @TheBuffaloNews: On behalf of Myself, Larry Tanenbaum and Edward Rogers, we wish Terry and Kim Pegula all the best ... (1/2)

Jon Bon Jovi to @TheBuffaloNews (cont'd): "... as they continue the legacy and tradition of the Buffalo Bills and the Wilson family." (2/2)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So JBJ signed a waiver saying he wouldnt move the team?

Interesting that this was only made public now

CBF

Why make it public before? If they were still in the bidding process, they were under the provisions of the NDA, so they couldn't say it themselves. Also, the Trust wanted to keep the Toronto boogeyman around to drive up cost.

As more info comes out, it should be clearer and clearer that no matter who won this thing, the team was NEVER moving.

So JBJ signed a waiver saying he wouldnt move the team?

Interesting that this was only made public now

CBF

That was their only chance of winning the bid. The trust was not selling to anyone without commitment to WNY. My thought was that they would have tried to go to NF right by the border and operate as a regional team (kind of how NF is part Buffalo and part Toronto in a way). Who knows but they were going to have to commit or bow out.

Just figured it's time to mention this:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/169107-do-you-believe-that-the-toronto-group-will-keep-the-team-in-buffalo/page__st__420

In light of this:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/source-bon-jovi-group-bid-105-billion-could-have-gone-higher-20140909

"The source added that Bon Jovi and his group signed a waiver during negotiations that they would not move the team to Toronto or any other city and that the group was engaged in talks with unidentified entities to build a new stadium in Western New York."

Just figured it's time to mention this:

http://forums.twobil...o/page__st__420

In light of this:

http://www.buffalone...higher-20140909

"The source added that Bon Jovi and his group signed a waiver during negotiations that they would not move the team to Toronto or any other city and that the group was engaged in talks with unidentified entities to build a new stadium in Western New York."

I wonder what the wording was in the "waiver" about Toronto. I'm still quite skeptical that it would assure the team would stay in Buffalo. Just my conjecture though.