Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the Pegula family has been told they will be the new owners as a courtesy ahead of an official announcement coming some time tomorrow.

This is going to be a special day.

Sunday's game could be historic. Jim Kelly beating cancer, Pegula the new owner....a game against the Fish....coming off the big upset against the Bears. It's going to be special!

:excl:;):excl:

@AdamSchefter: Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula is on verge of buying the Buffalo Bills, per league sources, and the process is said to be "moving quick."

I'm curious if they timed Ray Rice with this so the focus would quickly shift from their fiasco with the RR situation to a new owner in the league?

I'm curious if they timed Ray Rice with this so the focus would quickly shift from their fiasco with the RR situation to a new owner in the league?

Or, y'know, the day that they said all the binding bids needed to be in has been 9/8 for a long time.

I think if they were timing anything with Ray Rice, it would have been entirely a part of the offseason. People aren't going to forget that video, and a new owner is a big story but not a salacious one and ultimately not a terrifically interesting one to most NFL fans.

I don't know, it was TMZ that brought Rice back into the headlines on Monday, not the NFL. I could see them pumping up the Bills purchase to try to distract, but I doubt it would work.

Or, y'know, the day that they said all the binding bids needed to be in has been 9/8 for a long time.

I think if they were timing anything with Ray Rice, it would have been entirely a part of the offseason. People aren't going to forget that video, and a new owner is a big story but not a salacious one and ultimately not a terrifically interesting one to most NFL fans.

No I said timed RR with new owner not the other way around.

I don't know, it was TMZ that brought Rice back into the headlines on Monday, not the NFL. I could see them pumping up the Bills purchase to try to distract, but I doubt it would work.

TMZ does what they are told just like every other media outlet.

Sounds like the Pegula family has been told they will be the new owners as a courtesy ahead of an official announcement coming some time tomorrow.

This is going to be a special day.

Sunday's game could be historic. Jim Kelly beating cancer, Pegula the new owner....a game against the Fish....coming off the big upset against the Bears. It's going to be special!

:excl:;):excl:

Definitely, this will give the players even more motivation like it did for the Sabres when they made their playoff push when Pegula bought the team. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to get back to the playoffs.

"obstacles for Pegula outside of locking down the actual purchase: per La Canfora, "He will need to move around ownership of the Sabres"

didn't think ownership mattered if in the same city?

With the Ray Rice situation happening this is a great feel good story the NFL can push.

Breath easy guys, the team isn't going anywhere.

The odd thing is that I began to realize a few months ago that it was pretty certain this team was going nowhere.

The key factors were:

1. The NFL and not the Trust had final say on the new buyer. This was contractually agreed to by Ralph when he agreed that the approval of any sale would need the approval of 75% of all owners.

2. The NFL owners have a large bias toward what makes them the most money. While the individual buyer of the Bills might make mire $ in a larger city than Buffalo, only a greatly diluted portion of any extra franchise profits filters down to the other owners. When one takes into account that not only is the return from moving of marginal return of increased profits of marginal return to the other owners they actually have to give up the already proven returns of Bill season ticket holders, proven individual ticket sales ability, hundreds of millions in local advertiser sales amd 100s of millions in corporate welfare local govt spends on improvements to the Ral[h etc. The NFL tends not to giveaway money and a franxchise move to a new town might be larger but the other team owners get their 1/32nd slice and the current Bills $ are real while a new franchise even if larger would have to be developed.

3. Also, for the other owners why give up Buffalo to get marginally higher but diluted share of Toronto when actually by leaving Buffalo in place AND ALSO expanding into Toronto when you expand the NFL (which they already announced is the plan) gives you BOTH markets.

When Ralph also signed a deal which locked Buffalo here for six or seven years even if sold, the Ray Rice bad story would be followed with several years of sad stories and reporting about WNY mourning the loss of the Bills.

In the end, the real cash cow is the TV nets They really care very little about individual records of franchises as the product they are buying will have a .500 record guaranteed. If anything have the smaller cities be the bad teams fits their needs best.

The Bills always were gonna stay right here.