Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U want to talk about great days, well get ready to add this one to your list, maybe the top of it.

FU Bon Jovi, you just got "shot thru the heart", and we're to blame, you're not giving our Bills

a new name.

and, oh yea, I start my vacation today too, woo hoo!

Edited by Tu-Toned

Nothing about the paranoia was needless. 'Their' bid was authentic, made it to the final consideration and their objective was made public. SHOULD the sale be awarded to Pegula this week, I hope the PA System at the Ralph BLARES JBJ tunes Sunday, just before KO!

I was thinking they should choose "Blaze of Glory" which is more apropos since it's solo BJ and play "I'm going down, in a blaze" and then stop. But I think they'd have to pay him royalties.

Nothing about the paranoia was needless. 'Their' bid was authentic, made it to the final consideration and their objective was made public. SHOULD the sale be awarded to Pegula this week, I hope the PA System at the Ralph BLARES JBJ tunes Sunday, just before KO!

I doubt the consideration given to their bid was authentic. Do you really think the trust, at any time, seriously considered selling the team to Canadians? I don't believe you do.

They hyped that bid to bump up the overall bidding.

The paranoia was completely wasted on this. They weren't going to be sold to JBJ and the cannucks.

The two obstacles for Pegula outside of locking down the actual purchase: per La Canfora, "He will need to move around ownership of the Sabres and divest himself of the sports agency he owns."

Huh? As far as I'm aware he doesn't have to do anything with his ownership of the Sabres, I understand the sports agency as it's a conflict of interest, but the Sabre's comment makes me think LaCanfora doesn't know what he's talking about.

Huh? As far as I'm aware he doesn't have to do anything with his ownership of the Sabres, I understand the sports agency as it's a conflict of interest, but the Sabre's comment makes me think LaCanfora doesn't know what he's talking about.

Pretty sure NFL allows ownership of other teams so long as it isn't in a city that has an nfl team that the owner does not own. Either way he may need some cash....

right. if Pegs is about to make a billion dollar transaction, I'd bet he's knows what to do with his other interests.

So is Pegula a good owner or bad owner? I thought people were complaining about him gutting the Sabres for money reasons....

that is not a correct statement.

Summing it up quickly.

He came in. Felt like he can just throw money around and it was the ticket to success. Ended up magnifying the management's shortcomings. UFAs still didnt want to come to Buffalo.

Figured out that his management was bad and gutted it and started fresh, accumulating many picks and prospects as assets. Knows that winning must get primed first, then UFAs come. Also building an entire hockey culture in WNY (Harbor Center, Canisius, Combine, etc...)

edit: hahahaha! the Bills and sabres ownership joke. Excellent!

Edited by May Day 10

Pretty sure NFL allows ownership of other teams so long as it isn't in a city that has an nfl team that the owner does not own. Either way he may need some cash....

Right, in all seriousness, the rule is:

The League codified this approach in an amendment to its Constitution and Bylaws that allows cross-ownership in another major league sports team in two narrow circumstances: (1) if the two franchises are in the same city, or (2) if the other league’s franchise is in a neutral market, defined as one that doesn’t currently host an NFL team and is not deemed a potential NFL city.

He meest criteria 1, so no need to do anything.

I'm curious if they timed Ray Rice with this so the focus would quickly shift from their fiasco with the RR situation to a new owner in the league?

It has nothing to do with it.

People outside Buffalo dont really care... its not a blip. Especially because they are stayin', while the Ray Rice thing is saturated everywhere.

It's also weird that the quote attributed to LaCanfora is not in the linked article written by LaCanfora.

LACANFORA!

I doubt the consideration given to their bid was authentic. Do you really think the trust, at any time, seriously considered selling the team to Canadians? I don't believe you do.

They hyped that bid to bump up the overall bidding.

The paranoia was completely wasted on this. They weren't going to be sold to JBJ and the cannucks.

Detective WEO a legend in his own mind. "Wasted paranoia" etc. So how big was the "bump" from the cannuks bid?

My guess Zero. They barely qualified. But I have no insider knowledge so I will say IMO this what I think. it's sad some need to act like they were actually there at the table.

Sounds like the Pegula family has been told they will be the new owners as a courtesy ahead of an official announcement coming some time tomorrow.

This is going to be a special day.

Sunday's game could be historic. Jim Kelly beating cancer, Pegula the new owner....a game against the Fish....coming off the big upset against the Bears. It's going to be special!

:excl:;):excl:

might want to add Ralph in there ;)

Right, in all seriousness, the rule is:

The League codified this approach in an amendment to its Constitution and Bylaws that allows cross-ownership in another major league sports team in two narrow circumstances: (1) if the two franchises are in the same city, or (2) if the other league’s franchise is in a neutral market, defined as one that doesn’t currently host an NFL team and is not deemed a potential NFL city.

He meest criteria 1, so no need to do anything.

Wait - the Bills are in Orchard Park and the Sabres are in Buffalo. Guess we'll have to move the Bills after all - to Buffalo........