Fred's stiff arm

YoloinOhio

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of those plays I will watch, now and again, on Youtube, forever.

Particularly on days when I'm feeling a bit down and need some inspiration/motivation.

I do the same every once in a while with the Soupy Campbell hit on RJ Umberger from the playoffs some years ago.

As much as I cant stand jackson and his slow, boring runs...that was a hell of a stiff arm to get the bills in position to win. I still think he is very over rated, but if he can make a play like that every once and a while in a critical spot, he still has a little value.

Watching the replay, I don't think any part of Jackson's body touched out of bounds until the ball touched the pylon. They're always saying the goal line stretches in both directions outward from the field to infinity, so I think it should have been called a touchdown.

I'm pretty sure they chaged that rule a few years back. There is no longer that infinite goal line.

As much as I cant stand jackson and his slow, boring runs...that was a hell of a stiff arm to get the bills in position to win. I still think he is very over rated, but if he can make a play like that every once and a while in a critical spot, he still has a little value.

I'm sorry, but what? You're either a troll or ignorant.

Watching the replay, I don't think any part of Jackson's body touched out of bounds until the ball touched the pylon. They're always saying the goal line stretches in both directions outward from the field to infinity, so I think it should have been called a touchdown.

I believe that rule was changed a few years ago and you have to cross the pylon or inside of it. The goalline no longer exists outside of the pylons.

I'm pretty sure they chaged that rule a few years back. There is no longer that infinite goal line.

I believe that rule was changed a few years ago and you have to cross the pylon or inside of it. The goalline no longer exists outside of the pylons.

I didn't know that. Good info.

That was just fantastic. Fred still has it.

I think Hackett and Marrone need to be commended for how they used Spiller, Fred and Boobie overall this game. All of them made crucial plays. It's hard to decide how to divide up the touches. Fred Ex is one of my very favorite players ever and still brings it.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

That was just fantastic. Fred stills has it.

I think Hackett and Marrone need to be commended for how they used Spiller, Fred and Boobie overall this game. All of them made crucial plays. It's hard to decide how to divide up the touches. Fred Ex is one of my very favorite players ever and still brings it.

boobies run was awesome!

Very true! Kyle Williams too. Marv wasn't all bad -- Marshawn has a likely chance of reaching the HOF if he keeps it up.

Yup. But I'm sure some will tell you that Marv was only responsible for the players in the draft that didn't pan out, and these guys were chosen by someone else.

boobies run was awesome!

Pinball.

Edited by The Dean

LOL...made me chuckle.

Does not compute. Hackett? Commended?

By the way CJ wound up with 18 touches (15 carries, 3 receptions). They might know what they're doing.

That's what I thought too. But they did review it and no TD.

LOL...made me chuckle.

I'm glad I could make you laugh! Do you agree that he was moving in slow motion during 90% of the game? He looked like molina running out a grounder for the rays for most of the game. Even that big run at the end seemed to take forever...looked like 5.0 40 to me. The stiff arm was the bomb though. I always respect a good stiff arm.

I'm neither. He is usually very boring...including today before that run. He had a huge whole and finished strong with a nice stiff arm. I gave him credit when it was due. What's the issue?

Yeah, he's just a lucky guy. Probably the luckiest guy in the history of the NFL. To have so little talent and yet consistently perform year after year is amazing. That, or maybe you just don't know what the hell you're talking about. That could be it.

Yeah, he's just a lucky guy. Probably the luckiest guy in the history of the NFL. To have so little talent and yet consistently perform year after year is amazing. That, or maybe you just don't know what the hell you're talking about. That could be it.

Let's not pretend he has ever had a really good season. He barely cracked 1,000 yards one time in his career. He has had a few nice runs at key points in his career. Today was one of them. But to comment on being lucky...he was lucky to get that big of a hole. He basically ran straight through a huge hole, but he finished strong which was important because we are the bills and every yard counts in that situation because we have had some tough heart breakers in recent years. CJ probably scores on the same run.

Let's not pretend he has ever had a really good season. He barely cracked 1,000 yards one time in his career. He has had a few nice runs at key points in his career. Today was one of them. But to comment on being lucky...he was lucky to get that big of a hole. He basically ran straight through a huge hole, but he finished strong which was important because we are the bills and every yard counts in that situation because we have had some tough heart breakers in recent years. CJ probably scores on the same run.

He had 9 touchdowns last year.

That play is EXACTLY why all these top draft picks with all the talent in the world can't put Freddie on the bench. The guy is a complete stud!

yuuup! this is why FredEx is beloved by BuffaloBills fans

go away Mr Bob, or whatever you are

I don't know if you're trolling, but your posts in this thread are not reflective of intelligence. When the guy's been given the opportunity he's produced.

I don't know about that. He does share carries.

If you don't get Fred, then you just don't get football. dunno.gif

Rule one before posting on TSW: Actually know what you're talking about.

:lol: :lol: You're a fool. Have fun eating it in this thread.

Love it.