Fred's stiff arm

YoloinOhio

Name one player in recent history that has more heart and determination than FredEx? Kid leaves it on the field EVERY game!

If everyone on the team doesn't leave it on the field every time, there is a problem. Nobody can say that cj doesn't work just as hard or put in just as much effort. Fred is a very hard worker and his story is great. There is just this myth that has been built up that fred is the hardest working player the bills have ever seen and the best leader.

He has never seen better than 7-9 and because of where he came from people are devaluing the effort the other players put in and assuming they don't work as hard because they had an easier road to the nfl because they have more natural talent.

There are lots of guys on this very team that I believe work just as hard as fred. All of the williams' for example. I don't believe that fred works any harder than cj or even manuel. Watkins probably works pretty damn hard considering his pedigree. What about wood or woods? I can go on. I actually think we have had a pretty committed group for a while. The problem is that for many years, they just haven't been good enough...a lot of average players...just like fred. Maybe this is the year they change that and I don't hate fred. He is just over rated...by a lot.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone on the team doesn't leave it on the field every time, there is a problem. Nobody can say that cj doesn't work just as hard or put in just as much effort. Fred is a very hard worker and his story is great. There is just this myth that has been built up that fred is the hardest working player the bills have ever seen and the best leader.

He has never seen better than 7-9 and because of where he came from people are devaluing the effort the other players put in and assuming they don't work as hard because they had an easier road to the nfl because they have more natural talent.

There are lots of guys on this very team that I believe work just as hard as fred. All of the williams' for example. I don't believe that fred works any harder than cj or even manuel. Watkins probably works pretty damn hard considering his pedigree. What about wood or woods? I can go on. I actually think we have had a pretty committed group for a while. The problem is that for many years, they just haven't been good enough...a lot of average players...just like fred. Maybe this is the year they change that and I don't hate fred. He is just over rated...by a lot.

There was no harder working play than Kyle Williams INT in that game. What a play.

No, you didn't say you hated Fred. You said:

As much as I cant stand jackson and his slow, boring runs...that was a hell of a stiff arm to get the bills in position to win. I still think he is very over rated, but if he can make a play like that every once and a while in a critical spot, he still has a little value.

First post is overly absolute and negative, followed by backtracking? Hmm, sounds like a play in a certain kind of playbook.

TB:

It's not a myth. Fredex exemplifies this team, and the team's record is just that. a team record. If you watch him week in and out, you would know he always fazlls forward, has great balance, and gets the toughest yards when it looks improbable. i love CJ but he does not. not even close. He is great with explosive plays to the outside, and sometimes inside, but you can count on Fred to get you the tough yards for the 1st down.

He is the Bills, just like Kelly was 28 years ago. I'm not saying Fred is as good as Kelly, but he is the face of the franchise right now.

I texted my buddy you put Freddie on the 90s Bills and he would be going to the hall of fame. Not as durable as Thurman (and this is not a knock on Thurman by any means) but just a statement of what a big play and tireless worker he has been on some very bad teams while competing with two first round picks for playing time. On a great team as one part of a great offense I think he would have gotten the national attention he deserves.

Tampa Bob isn't a Bills fan anymore by his own admission in another thread. Case closed.

So if a team isn't my very first favorite team and I still really like the team, I can't still be a fan? Oh crap! That stinks. Well, for now, the bills have a better record than tampa so they are my favorite team this week and thus, I am fan this week! So there!

Tampa Bob, you are new here and I assume you didn't read the terms of service. I am going to report these quotes here to the mods ( there is a thing about campaigning in the TOS) because frankly you are obviously a troll and the worse kind, very Jerry Sullivan like. I was willing to put up with you for a while but I am asking that they look through your 40 posts and consider what you are contributing to the board. I'd actually prefer to see you stiff armed a couple of times by Fred but I can't arrange that.

I'm glad I could make you laugh! Do you agree that he was moving in slow motion during 90% of the game? He looked like molina running out a grounder for the rays for most of the game. Even that big run at the end seemed to take forever...looked like 5.0 40 to me. The stiff arm was the bomb though. I always respect a good stiff arm.

Let's not pretend he has ever had a really good season. He barely cracked 1,000 yards one time in his career. He has had a few nice runs at key points in his career. Today was one of them. But to comment on being lucky...he was lucky to get that big of a hole. He basically ran straight through a huge hole, but he finished strong which was important because we are the bills and every yard counts in that situation because we have had some tough heart breakers in recent years. CJ probably scores on the same run.

Yes...he got all the goal line carries.

Tampa Bob, you are new here and I assume you didn't read the terms of service. I am going to report these quotes here to the mods ( there is a thing about campaigning in the TOS) because frankly you are obviously a troll and the worse kind, very Jerry Sullivan like. I was willing to put up with you for a while but I am asking that they look through your 40 posts and consider what you are contributing to the board. I'd actually prefer to see you stiff armed a couple of times by Fred but I can't arrange that.

Cool. So you are kind of like a little tattle tale, huh? You don't like my opinions so you are going to tell on me? If that makes you feel better, go right ahead. Lol.