What are you most looking forward to this year?

Kirby Jackson

With all of the negativity I thought that a little positivity was in order. Excluding the sale of the team, what is it that you are most looking forward to this year with the Bills?

For me it is Watkins' impact. I believe that this guy is special and will develop into one of the best in the league. He will do some things that this team hasn't seen since Moulds.

My runner up for this is the improved run d. It has been a LONG time since the Bills were any good against the run. That changes this year.

With all of the negativity I thought that a little positivity was in order. Excluding the sale of the team, what is it that you are most looking forward to this year with the Bills?

For me it is Watkins' impact. I believe that this guy is special and will develop into one of the best in the league. He will do some things that this team hasn't seen since Moulds.

My runner up for this is the improved run d. It has been a LONG time since the Bills were any good against the run. That changes this year.

I have nothing I'm looking forward to. I don't see the Bills doing anything. If they do something, I'll be surprised.

Pegula cleaning house. He has the money to get someone like Cowher or Gruden back on the sidelines

Funny you mention that.

I was trying to picture what move I would make if I was Pegula and became the next owner of the Bills and I pictured meeting with Gruden or his agent and literally giving him a blank check and telling him "this is how commited I am to winning and you are what this team needs"

CBF

The maturation of the WR corps. That is one very, very talented group from top to bottom (including your boy Hogan :lol: )

Funny you mention that.

I was trying to picture what move I would make if I was Pegula and became the next owner of the Bills and I pictured meeting with Gruden or his agent and literally giving him a blank check and telling him "this is how commited I am to winning and you are what this team needs"

CBF

Exactly. Coaches like that are guys that can motivate and will a team to victories. They are worth the price. They can get any assistants they want and all it takes to motivate players is a flash of the super bowl ring on their finger. Try and imagine you are an NFL player and your team just got the coach from the Syracuse Orangemen. Whoop dee doo. You were a big time recruit in college, you probably got a letter from Syracuse offering you a scholarship and you threw it in the trash without opening it. Now imagine you have Bill Cowher or John Gruden coaching your team. Those are guys that would get me excited about going to work every day. We still need a QB but if we had one of those guys as coach (and a better OC) we are immediately a better football team. Pegula can make it happen

Edited by kdiggz

Exactly. Coaches like that are guys that can motivate and will a team to victories. They are worth the price. They can get any assistants they want and all it takes to motivate players is a flash of the super bowl ring on their finger. Try and imagine you are an NFL player and your team just got the coach from the Syracuse Orangemen. Whoop dee doo. You were a big time recruit in college, you probably got a letter from Syracuse offering you a scholarship and you threw it in the trash without opening it. Now imagine you have Bill Cowher or John Gruden coaching your team. Those are guys that would get me excited about going to work every day. We still need a QB but if we had one of those guys as coach (and a better OC) we are immediately a better football team. Pegula can make it happen

I agree 100%

I think having a coach like the two you mention would not only help the players on the roster but also help lure free agents to sign.

CBF

Biggest thing I am looking forward to this year is finding out EJ can be the man.

I truly believe he can I hope he doesn't get distracted by all of the things outside of his control and I hope he just lets loose and plays football and not let nerves our doubt effect him. I don't want to an early hook either. Once the pull him en favor of Orton, he's done. I want EJ to get the whole season to see if he can effectively lead this team.

I don't understand how anybody can be sitting here hoping for another house cleaning and start over.

If EJ fails, we are 3 years away from playoffs. If he succeeds, we could see playoffs this year or next.

GO BILLS

The sky has not fallen (quite yet) … but this latest furor over who said what to whom about what is going to make my head explode. I personally like that there is some tension and passion in the leadership ranks. Conflict can be a good thing, and is probably more normal than not in NFL circles.

The last time I recall something like this is when WR coach Nick Nicolau went after Tom Breshnahan back in the day when we were good. I’m not sure who, but someone ended up holding a steak to their eye socket.

Let’s get after it, it’s about time! Other than at the QB spot, it seems to me that the Dougs have demonstrated that they are not ones to be content with mediocre play. And if we can beat the Bears, no one will care much about the implications of LaCanfora’s story. So … here are a few quick positive observations that will hopefully give a bit of perspective to those who may be ready to hit the reboot button two days before the opener …

• I know he’s out for this game, but Nigel Bradham finally showed he can be a real force at LB in the NFL. He got up from the bottom of the pile an awful lot in his preseason work with the ones, and I think he will record a lot of tackles this year.

• Our WRs are an extra-talented group, & our stable of RBs is as good as any. Our offensive line is freshly stirred, but our top 5 are good enough to win 10 games and then some. Our tackles are as good and athletic as any.

It will be EJ’s pocket presence, or lack thereof, that will decide if we are going to go anywhere. I really don’t want to hear about how bad our line is. Imagine a guy like Matt Ryan coming in and taking over our team. We’d rewrite the books. So we should know quite soon if Marrone can really coach ‘em up, and if Whaley is the shrewd GM we have been praying for.

it's funny-- I am more scared of the season than looking forward to it. I am just scared we will fall flat, the whole thing blows up again, and the Watkins trade gives the browns a top-5 pick.

I am usually really upbeat too!!

I am typically buzzing on Russ Brandon hand-stirred Kool-aid at this point, and I feel the exact same way. But I keep telling myself Schwartzie will have that defense ready to roll, and we just have to get the ball into the hands of our Clemson alumni and we should be dangerous!

Win or lose, Marrone’s post-game press conferences are going to be ‘can’t miss’ viewing, obviously!

I've been on the fence a very long time about CJ Spiller. Tried to hold back all judgements of his talent and think I have done so rather successfully. Now, well, I am curious to see what he does this year. It is his put up or shut up time. This is where he needs to really rise and overcome.

I am curious to see if he is the hype or he is not.

Will CJ succeed in 2014? By succeed, I mean 1,200-1,400 yards on the ground, 1,600 yards of offense and combined with the return game maybe over 2,000 yards. That'd be a solid season. If he does more, well, than I'll believe he is the all-star that some claim.

it's funny-- I am more scared of the season than looking forward to it. I am just scared we will fall flat, the whole thing blows up again, and the Watkins trade gives the browns a top-5 pick.

I am usually really upbeat too!!

Yeah, it's strange not being too optimistic.

I live in a very Hilly area of the Angeles National Forest, just North of Los Angeles (considered "un-incorporated L.A.), and my house is surrounded by lots of trees, including a 150-year-old California live oak that covers almost my entire house. As a result, I have not been able to get Direct TV, or the NFL ticket. But, this last year, we built a studio on the far side of the corral with a roof that has the right angle to the sky. Direct TV with the NFL ticket, installed TODAY!!!

I live in a very Hilly area of the Angeles National Forest, just North of Los Angeles (considered "un-incorporated L.A.), and my house is surrounded by lots of trees, including a 150-year-old California live oak that covers almost my entire house. As a result, I have not been able to get Direct TV, or the NFL ticket. But, this last year, we built a studio on the far side of the corral with a roof that has the right angle to the sky. Direct TV with the NFL ticket, installed TODAY!!!

Congrats, man. This brings a tear to my eye. Once you have ticket, you will never go back.