I've been missing for 7 + weeks

Wacka

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you're okay and recovering...but how in the hell did your BP get that high? Sounds like that's the real problem, and the stroke (serious though it is) was just a symptom.

And that's insanely high. The doctor measures my BP at 190/140, and calls an ambulance. (Until I remind him that he needs to use the large cuff on me, because I'm a big guy. I need a new doctor.)

I'm now on seven different pills a day.Ten pi;;s at 4 tomes. At 3 of the timesI have to take my BP tp see if it is High enough. If it is under 100 systolic I am NOT supposed to take the meds so my BP doesn't crash. It is always 120-145.

Glad you're okay and recovering...but how in the hell did your BP get that high? Sounds like that's the real problem, and the stroke (serious though it is) was just a symptom.

And that's insanely high. The doctor measures my BP at 190/140, and calls an ambulance. (Until I remind him that he needs to use the large cuff on me, because I'm a big guy. I need a new doctor.)

I'm a stupid polack. I hadn't been to the doc for 7 years and had no Insurance. I didn't listen tp people who told me to get checked. There were warning signs that I didn't heed. The stoke came from the high bp.

That's what I was thinking... That's insanely high! 246 for the top is incredible! Mine has always been "hard to hear." I get nervous when I am in the mid-90s over 130...

Wacka... Stay strong and get better! Glad you were able to get back among family in Cheektowaga. May all our prayer be with you!

Part 2

My brother and bil rented a truck and packed my stuff from storage in a day.On Tuesday 7/29, My brother and i flew to Buffalo while my bil (he's a truck driver for 30 years) drove my stuff east.He made to back in about 62 hours.(6AM Tuesday- 8 PM Thursday)

I'm 57. I have no problem speaking but have a problem remembering words.I don't use that often. Had a problem remembering the word rehab until I used it enough. I drool a little bit while laying in bed. I keep hitting the wrong keys while typing. My long term memory is great I forget a celebrities' mame ( but I have done that for years).My vision is out of focus and I need a magnifying glass to read my iPhone. That has been getting netter slowly but surely. I need to use a walker outside because of balance problems. I can get around in the house without it.My day now includes (while warm) going outside.I can negotiate the 3 stairs outside by myself and walking the 100 feet or so down the driveway to the mailbox. I then sit out in the sun for a while. This can tire me out and often I will come inside to nap for the rest of the afternoon.

Has it stopped you from being a political nitwit or is that part of your brain still scrambled?

I was working at a restaurant 12 plus hours a day 6 days a week and stressed beyond belief. My wife brought a friend in for dinner who later said I didn't look good. That was the first time she had ever met me. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

BTW to all the regular posters. Seeing many of us are getting older than dirt make sure you have someone to jump I'm and let is all know if something tragic happens. My wife knows this. Oh......and please remember the shirt.

So, your wife told her "No, he always looks that bad."

Mine was 225/130 and my doctor did NOT call an ambulance (she was a PA, and the reason I no longer see PAs). Sent me to the pharmacy to get a pill that would "crash" my BP, then to the hospital to get a CT scan and other tests. All of this after telling me that I could have a stroke or heart attack at any second. So she sends me away, driving myself, while I'm thinking I'm going to die. The only reason I went to the doctor was because of the headaches (I never get headaches) - I thought I had a sinus infection. If I hadn't gone, I'm thinking the outcome would not have been good.

Anyway, everything happens for a reason and the lord (whomever your lord happens to be) works in mysterious ways.

My wife knows to hop on here and tell Tom the good news should anything happen to me.

I'm 57. I have no problem speaking but have a problem remembering words.I don't use that often. Had a problem remembering the word rehab until I used it enough. I drool a little bit while laying in bed. I keep hitting the wrong keys while typing. My long term memory is great I forget a celebrities' mame ( but I have done that for years).My vision is out of focus and I need a magnifying glass to read my iPhone. That has been getting netter slowly but surely. I need to use a walker outside because of balance problems. I can get around in the house without it.My day now includes (while warm) going outside. I can negotiate the 3 stairs outside by myself and walking the 100 feet or so down the driveway to the mailbox. I then sit out in the sun for a while. This can tire me out and often I will come inside to nap for the rest of the afternoon.

So......

you're not coming to the Two Bills Drive Annual Home Opener Tailgate?