Time to sign Richie Incognito

freester

Our G situation is not good. Legurski is terrible, Chris Williams mediocre, Keith Urbik mediocre. I'm sure Incognito would come cheap and immediately upgrade the position. Sure he has baggage but we took risks with Mike Williams and Seantrel Henderson and what do we have to lose?

He was here already. We released him for a reason! Tooooooo many mental issues, and wouldnt fit well with this team.

Lets see what happens with Glenn back on the left side. He may help the LG look a little better.

It s still early in the practice season, so no reason to go out n sign a head case!

Alex Boone from San Fran may be available via trade.

Edited by snamsnoops

He was a Bill, then he became an ex bill for very good reason. Nothing has changed there at all.

But Marrone being call an o-line guru or so I have read, Is possbly a tad overblown on his resume.Time will tell. But these pre season scrimmages are meaningless anyways. Unless you are a Bills QB.Or a running back.

If you watch the 4th down play though its Wood's man in the backfield that hits fred Jackson's legs taking away his power. Wood gets away with a lot for some reason. I wouldnt even call him an average at best run blocker, Above average pass protector, but when we need a yard he gets very little push.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

But Marrone being call an o-line guru or so I have read, Is possbly a tad overblown on his resume.Time will tell. But these pre season scrimmages are meaningless anyways. Unless you are a Bills QB.Or a running back.

Marrone a O line guru HA ! The proof is in the puddin What did the O line look like when Joe D was here & what did San Diego's line do last year with Joe D as the line coach ?

Then ask the same about the Bills line pre Marrone & post Marrone , sure we were second in rushing last year I'll give him that but i don't think it was because of his scheme i think it was more the RB's being top notch !! But as you said time will tell .

I think these scrimmages are more needed for EJ to learn what it's all about to be a NFL QB because well you know i don't have to say anything you can read my thoughts every where when ever the media talks about our offensive out put ...

Boone is available because he wants to be paid. We just paid a guard. Problem is, the Bills were the only people who thought Williams was any good.

i brought up Boone in the OL thread. If he gets traded, we wouldn't need to pay him anything more than his current contract right? Then we could pay him next yr and cut CW. I guess he could hold out here too. He had/has some off field issues but he is better than either if our current starting guards.

i brought up Boone in the OL thread. If he gets traded, we wouldn't need to pay him anything more than his current contract right? Then we could pay him next yr and cut CW. I guess he could hold out here too. He had/has some off field issues but he is better than either if our current starting guards.

He's holding out because he wants more money. He's not gonna report anywhere just because he was traded unless they have an agreement on new contract

He was a Bill, then he became an ex bill for very good reason. Nothing has changed there at all.

Also, it's hard to know how our front line is going to be. So far, it seems to me that Marrone/Hackett were experimenting a bit with our front line package-- minus Glenn, which makes a difference. (I think? Am I right in this?) But, the time to sign anybody to the front line isn't after we find out we have problems. This is the time to be fixing our issues, not realizing that we have them. I'm not particularly worried about our front line.

How come no one else has signed this "savior" after all these months? You think we're the only team that could use an offensive lineman? The problem is that RI is "offensive" and everyone else knows it.

I think most teams evaluate a payer like RI in terms of risk vs. reward, and every team has a different formula for that-- especially regarding the sort of baggage RI carries with him. Mike Williams was let go from the Bucs for his baggage. But, we must have a huge storage space adjoining the locker room just for such baggage. Signing RI would bring a certain amount of media scrutiny that many teams would not welcome. I'm not sure that that sort of media frenzy would follow him to Buffalo-- and if it did, he would just be one more Bill with a questionable history, getting a second chance.

That being said, I'm not sure we need him.

We're the Bills. We love baggage.

Edit: Back in Rochester, btw. On my way to Country Sweet.

Oh you needed to rub it in dint you ?

: ) nom nom nom

Twice, actually.

Thank gosh you saw it too . I thought i was off the deep end again.

Marrone a O line guru HA ! The proof is in the puddin What did the O line look like when Joe D was here & what did San Diego's line do last year with Joe D as the line coach ?

Then ask the same about the Bills line pre Marrone & post Marrone , sure we were second in rushing last year I'll give him that but i don't think it was because of his scheme i think it was more the RB's being top notch !! But as you said time will tell .

I think these scrimmages are more needed for EJ to learn what it's all about to be a NFL QB because well you know i don't have to say anything you can read my thoughts every where when ever the media talks about our offensive out put ...

I forget the numbers but I believe Joe D turned one of the bottom tier offensive lines in San Diego to a top 5 in a number of categories last year. He was a big part of the success there for sure and the resurgence of Phillip Rivers who IMO was an MVP calibre player because of the improved o-line scheme and coaching.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I forget the numbers but I believe Joe D turned one of the bottom tier offensive lines in San Diego to a top 5 in a number of categories last year. He was a big part of the success there for sure and the resurgence of Phillip Rivers who IMO was an MVP calibre player because of the improved o-line scheme and coaching.

Thanks in large part to Chas Reingold.