Tuel demoted to third team

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh. This cannot be good. Look for Thad Lewis to get all the second team reps tonight and Tuel to see action with the third stringers and scraps.

Looks like Joe Montana's legacy is safe, at least for now.

Coach said this was going to be the plan after last game. To see how he does with the twos.

These eras are actually errors, so it's soon going to be known as the Tuel Error, and the Lewis Error.

Or, they are simply being reported by Ted Kennedy: "Era, is it Tuel Time?" "Era, who is this Thaddeus Lewis gentleman?"

I don't want to do this back and forth.

After this week, decide your number 2 and let him take the #2 reps for the rest of the preseason.

...and if you can't decide by the end of this week who the number 2 QB is then just let TSW know and we will send someone over to tap you on the head with a ball pein hammer because you're a moron (thank you "Tommy Boy", with some respectful editing).

The third guy can get his time in but he can get it in at the end. I want the QB who is one "first down dive" away from being starter to get a lot time in.

"blah-blah-blah, healthy competition, blah-blah-blah, only real reps"...PLEASE!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

That would be me Sir...feel free to put my name on top of that list and *hope* that EJ becomes the QB this team needs by Week 1 against Chicago...btw, calling me a moron doesn't invalidate my opinion, it only serves to highlight your own insecurities...as for "looking better than EJ", that's what all reports have said, from Chris Brown, to Mike Rodak to others who have observed camp - such as those on this board and a friend / co-worker of mine who made it out to camp before the first Pre Season game....rail away, yell louder if you like, your opinion does not nullify my own...I've been a gentleman and haven't resorted to pejorative terms, and will take the high-ground to simply say, as of right now we disagree...I do hope EJ is the guy, but by all accounts EJ has looked "shaky" at best...and Tuel has thus far, been a better practice QB, Pre Season game QB, and that's all there is to go on b/c IMHO both those QBs needed to show a great deal of progress and development and so far only Tuel has shown demonstrative improvement...IMO along with those others mentioned above...

Totally agree with everything you said. I have NO confidence in Manuel...and why is he not getting as much practice as possible. Marrone has no clue how to prepare th QB position which bodes bad for the upcoming season...

Totally agree with everything you said. I have NO confidence in Manuel...and why is he not getting as much practice as possible. Marrone has no clue how to prepare th QB position which bodes bad for the upcoming season...

I have no confidence in Coach Marrone period after seeing him make bone headed decision after bone headed decision. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems he and Hackett Jr. are in over their collective heads.

Being the better practice QB and preseason game QB (against other teams' 2s and 3s) means nothing.

The Trent Era should have taught all of us that.

Here is the list of undrafted QBs who ended up being decent: Garcia, Romo, Moon, Warner.

That's it. Ever. There's a reason Tuel wasn't drafted. He's simply not that good.

Here is a list of 2011 First round QB's

Cam Newton

Blain Gabbert

Jake Locker

Christian Ponder

One of four is ok. Three of four are multi million dollar busts that were scouted by hundreds of people and yet they still are complete scrubs.

I will settle for Ok from EJ this year. OK from EJ means December games will matter for the first time since Mularkey.

I understand that talking in definite terms is outrageous, especially in the preseason, but I really think had Tuel not thrown the KC endzone interception, a lot more people would recall he pretty consistently moved the chains. I'm rooting for him to continue developing and to push EJ - who I also hope develops into a star qb, as we all do.

Kelly the Dog;

We are rooting for the same team aren't we ? What ever players we as fans choose to like or moderately dis-like on this team is a freedom of choice. Your emotional scars regarding this topic must run pretty deep because it's easy to detect your sarcasm. But it's okay because I do welcome it, and yet I'm not at all offended by it. I have been ridiculed worse, by the worst, for 27 years and counting. Something that you will never even come close to matching. What ever it takes to heighten your self esteem Dog, please proceed to humor me.

I do not dis-like you Dog, you are a fellow fan who I hold in high regard and I enjoy reading your posts, along with the many others on this forum; That is why I keep returning. It's good reading and we all have one thing in common; The love and the passion for this team.

Life is the ONLY team sport Dog and it should be the only thing that the human race is united in, all the rest is just folly.

Enjoy the game everybody, Lou

Tuel was terrible. Lewis not much better if at all. EJ looked decent to good. I thought he missed that throw to Woods that should have been a TD but my guy I watch the games with who knows stuff better than me said watch the replay and he thought EJ just threw it outside where Woods should have been. I'm not sure at all. EJ looked good though. Tuel and Thad looked terrible.

Tuel was terrible. Lewis not much better if at all. EJ looked decent to good. I thought he missed that throw to Woods that should have been a TD but my guy I watch the games with who knows stuff better than me said watch the replay and he thought EJ just threw it outside where Woods should have been. I'm not sure at all. EJ looked good though. Tuel and Thad looked terrible.

The FO doesn't believe in upgrading the QB position.

So, it may not matter who is #2?

The pick by Tuel in the end zone was the perfect example of why we should never want to see this guy in a real game.

The pick by Tuel in the end zone in the KC game was the perfect example of why we should never want to see this guy in a real game.

Uh oh. This cannot be good. Look for Thad Lewis to get all the second team reps tonight and Tuel to see action with the third stringers and scraps.

Demoted? Since when? They rotate who starts at 2nd QB in the preseason each game.

Christ....

Demoted? Since when? They rotate who starts at 2nd QB in the preseason each game.

Christ....

Come on its more fun to mess with the "Tuel to start" fans. Every week during the pre-season they will probably b swapping to get looks at both Thadius n Tuel. I am for the best man wins. However there r fans clinging on hope of Tuel as a starter so its more fun to mess with them.

This was determined before the game , Marrone & company probably decided this even before the first preseason game .

Old News !!

The pick by Tuel in the end zone in the KC game was the perfect example of why we should never want to see this guy in a real game.

every play behind center in the cleveland game was a perfect example of why we should never want to see this guy in a real game.

this could catch on like 40 year virgin and, "you know how i know your'e gay?"

every play behind center in the cleveland game was a perfect example of why we should never want to see this guy in a real game.

this could catch on like 40 year virgin and, "you know how i know your'e gay?"

Because you judge an undrafted rookie thrown into a primetime game with zero experience and practice squad/third team reps?

And no, I don't think Tuel has any business starting.

Edited by SmokinES3

The pick by Tuel in the end zone was the perfect example of why we should never want to see this guy in a real game.

Watching that play again, that was a pretty sorry route by Easley. It actually looked like tuel threw it where he wanted it, trying to get Easley high on a size advantage on a skinny post. Easley wasn't sharp on the break, and then basically ran himself into the ground.

Overall, I thought both Thad and tuel showed some good things and bad things during that game. But I wouldn't say either of them "sucked" or were "terrible," as some have said.

With all the doomsday talk in camp, watching these last 2 games has made me feel better about the backup QB positions.