Tuel demoted to third team

That would be me Sir...feel free to put my name on top of that list and *hope* that EJ becomes the QB this team needs by Week 1 against Chicago...btw, calling me a moron doesn't invalidate my opinion, it only serves to highlight your own insecurities...as for "looking better than EJ", that's what all reports have said, from Chris Brown, to Mike Rodak to others who have observed camp - such as those on this board and a friend / co-worker of mine who made it out to camp before the first Pre Season game....rail away, yell louder if you like, your opinion does not nullify my own...I've been a gentleman and haven't resorted to pejorative terms, and will take the high-ground to simply say, as of right now we disagree...I do hope EJ is the guy, but by all accounts EJ has looked "shaky" at best...and Tuel has thus far, been a better practice QB, Pre Season game QB, and that's all there is to go on b/c IMHO both those QBs needed to show a great deal of progress and development and so far only Tuel has shown demonstrative improvement...IMO along with those others mentioned above...

BiggBuff....that is simply not true.....throwing a long sideline pass that lands in-bounds is now considered progress. This is the United States my friend where differing opinions are not only no longer respected but should be shouted down by any means necessary.

Hey, this snarky thing is kinda fun.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being the better practice QB and preseason game QB (against other teams' 2s and 3s) means nothing.

The Trent Era should have taught all of us that.

Here is the list of undrafted QBs who ended up being decent: Garcia, Romo, Moon, Warner.

That's it. Ever. There's a reason Tuel wasn't drafted. He's simply not that good.

Could you provide a list of first round QBs or simply drafted QBs that are/were simply not that good? Are there even 3 names on that list?

BiggBuff....that is simply not true.....throwing a long sideline pass that lands in-bounds is now considered progress. This is the United States my friend where differing opinions are not only no longer respected but should be shouted down by any means necessary.

Hey, this snarky thing is kinda fun.

I'm great with differing opinions, it's something I love about this board and as you stated America in general, it's the finger-pointing, five year old bullying antics that I have no patience for and won't tolerate for myself or anyone else...we disagree, it's cool, I'm good...my life is far more significant off this board than on it and anyone who has ever truly read my statements or had a discussion with me outside of football in the Shoutbox know that, so I'm passionate about the BILLS, but I also respect each person's perspective...until they make it ugly and personal

What may be more appalling, is that you took the time to respond and yet offer no contrition regarding labeling a wide swath of people as "morons" yet no personal attack has been made against you...so why go there? Because some of us don't agree? Because some of us are willing to put the *best* QB at the helm regardless of Draft position or status? Is Tuel the guy? I have no friggen clue! But, what's been shown so far, is serious doubt about EJ's capability, and given where this team is in talent and capability in all other aspects, I would hate to see this team hitch itself to EJ's wagon and go over the ravine with him, if and it's a huge IF it's unnecessary b/c of Draft position when Tuel may or may not be able to at least manage this team in a better fashion....I'm simply advocating for being open-minded about what the possibilities are, as opposed to name calling and condescending tactics toward those who've done nothing to you as a person....

This team is hitching its wagon to EJ, whether you like it or not. Get on board or get off. Your call. Jeff Tuel will not sniff the field unless EJ is injured.

I don't think there is anything wrong with some people thinking Tuel is not too far behind EJ. Personally, I am not one of them but that is only because I don't have a freaking clue about any of our QBs. NOBODY has taking the bull by the horns and authoritatively convinced the general public he is the deserved starter on this team. Ever since that Carolina game, I have been waiting to see more of what EJ MAY be capable of. Let's hope this is a great season for him.

This team is hitching its wagon to EJ, whether you like it or not. Get on board or get off. Your call. Jeff Tuel will not sniff the field unless EJ is injured.

First, my only point was that if EJ doesn't prove it through 4 Pre Season games and Camp why not give Tuel a chance with the 1st in the final game? That was the extent of my point, yesterday and in this thread...as for "Get on board or get off", why make it personal? I have as much right to believe something different as you do to being absolutely convinced that EJ is the QB for the next decade...let's just leave it at, we're both rooting for the BILLS to win every single game, no matter how that happens...10 field goals, or 6 TDs returned from punts, I don't care...as long as they win...

Edited by BigBuff423

First, my only point was that if EJ doesn't prove it through 4 Pre Season games and Camp why not give Tuel a chance with the 1st in the final game? That was the extent of my point, yesterday and in this thread.

To this point, if there is still a question about Manuel's readiness by the end of camp, this team is in a shitload of trouble.

Let's just say he's not "ready." He'll still be better than Tuel, in my opinion. An imperfect/still-learning EJ gives us a better chance to win than Jeff Tuel on his best day. Putting Tuel in over EJ is equal to not trying to win the game. That's strictly my opinion.

So if it's Jeff Tuel, its ok to rag on a Bills QB...but if we were in Italy.........

If we were in Italy then I'd have to make your bunk and we'd all still be allowed to criticize Tuelioni au diavolo. Molto bene.

Edited by Jauronimo

and next week Tuel will get the #2 spot and then many will be calling the end of the Lewis Era.

Exactly I am not reading into this too much. We are in the pre-season (practice games) Maybe the team is using these games to evaluate! People need to settle down. After the 4th game we will know more.

To this point, if there is still a question about Manuel's readiness by the end of camp, this team is in a shitload of trouble.

Let's just say he's not "ready." He'll still be better than Tuel, in my opinion. An imperfect/still-learning EJ gives us a better chance to win than Jeff Tuel on his best day. Putting Tuel in over EJ is equal to not trying to win the game. That's strictly my opinion.

And, even though you and I are clear - some who have not spent enough time reading all of my posts and responses which started yesterday may not be - I do want EJ to succeed and be that *Franchise* QB for the BILLS, I just have my reservations that he will be and that if he is in fact not that QB, AND - this is important part to my point - Tuel continues to develop and improve, then I would like to see what Tuel can do...but, I sincerely hope beyond hope it NEVER comes to that or ever even becomes a question, that from tonight moving forward EJ shows us all that he can and will be that QB of the future, not perfect but getting much better....

Being the better practice QB and preseason game QB (against other teams' 2s and 3s) means nothing.

The Trent Era should have taught all of us that.

Here is the list of undrafted QBs who ended up being decent: Garcia, Romo, Moon, Warner.

That's it. Ever. There's a reason Tuel wasn't drafted. He's simply not that good.

Jake Delhomme was decent. Dave Krieg was ok.