Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so reminiscent of when Pat Moran kept sending out teasers re: the falsely reported border bust.

"Hey Bills fans, I'm about to post something that's going to be HUGE to the Buffalo Bills! Get ready!!" Bush League.

I doubt that Graham will bet his daughter's life on it though... ;)

doesn't mean any of these people are bidders. they could just be window shopping. let's see some reports on who is actually in round 2 of this process

Lucky for them there's a bright, shiny new Bills Store at OBD with huge windows!

I'm rooting for Pegula as much as anyone, but wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if someone else with Buffalo ties won the bid. If Pegula owns the Bills, Sabres, and perhaps a new Bills stadium, that's a lot of eggs in one basket as far as the WNY region is involved. God forbid something happened to him, or there is some kind of Rigas or Haslam situation.

I'm hoping it is him (but somehow I doubt it). The multiple ownership rules could easily be bypassed because he has family who could take over the Bruins, or technically own the Bills.

Jauronimo's head will explode if Jacobs owns the Bruins and Pegula owns Sabres and we don't know if either can own the Bills. Oh well, there's always Hamilton Ontario.

What's funny is everyone has been in love with Pegula as owner. If a Gundlach/Kelly/ potentially Golisano group steps up will everyone be disappointed? Will people start rooting against Jim Kelly? Or if Pegula gets it - are people upset he took the team away from Kelly? I'm happy either way - just keep away from JBJ.

At the end of the day, all I really care about are that the Bills stay in WNY for decades to come so that my young children can grow up rooting for them like I did. Whoever ends up the owner really won't make a substantive difference in my life (unless we end up with PSLs/outrageous ticket prices as part of their new stadium plans I guess).

Well in TG's carefully crafted prior news, he stated "up to" 8 possible bidders. Now he circles back and say "see who signed the NDA" so as to complete the full circle to support "up to 8." So now he's on record, I believe of meeting his self-imposed "up to 8" with the known 4 (T-money, Golisano, Bongiovi, Trump) plus Grunlach, Mr. PBR, the Canucks owners, and the Pritzkers. So now he can meet his own self-fulfilling prophecy and say "see, there could be up to 8 because I have some names now." Waste of time.

Know it's been assumed but adam begnini confirms it is Gundlach that Kelly is partnered with

@ByTimGraham: Another in-the-know source today echoed what I tweeted last week: The reported $1.3 billion Pegula bid waaaaaaay off. Actual bid much lower.

Know it's been assumed but adam begnini confirms it is Gundlach that Kelly is partnered with

I just don't understand the purpose of their bid when Pegula is the owner that we all want. Unless they are trying to join up with Pegula then I don't understand the purpose of trying to fight it out with a billionaire who has more cash in his wallet than either of those guys will ever see

@ByTimGraham: Another in-the-know source today echoed what I tweeted last week: The reported $1.3 billion Pegula bid waaaaaaay off. Actual bid much lower.

I just don't understand the purpose of their bid when Pegula is the owner that we all want. Unless they are trying to join up with Pegula then I don't understand the purpose of trying to fight it out with a billionaire who has more cash in his wallet than either of those guys will ever see

Adam Benigni @AdamBenigni · 6m

That means I would anticipate Gundlach/Kelly trying to merge with another bid as the field narrows. @wgrz

You may have missed the posts explaining they are teaming with someone with even more money then Pegula. I would like to think it gives The Trust more options of owners committed to keeping the team in WNY. As to "who we all want" that's about as meaningful as a fart in the wind. Don't think we play any part in this. Trust the Trust.

You may have missed the posts explaining they are teaming with someone with even more money then Pegula. I would like to think it gives The Trust more options of owners committed to keeping the team in WNY. As to "who we all want" that's about as meaningful as a fart in the wind. Don't think we play any part in this. Trust the Trust.

I don't know that they're teaming with anyone specifically; a few of us were just posing the question as to how interesting it would be if they joined forces with the (at the time) Hugely Wealthy Mystery Group.

That is different from what John Kryk reported the other day. He reported:

"Two sources said Pegula indeed bid about $1.3 billion."

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/exclusive-toronto-group-bidding-on-bills-allowed-to-submit-higher-first-bid-and-must-provide-greater-assurance-it-would-not-relocate-team-sources-say/

I don't know that they're teaming with anyone specifically; a few of us were just posing the question as to how interesting it would be if they joined forces with the (at the time) Hugely Wealthy Mystery Group.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think they'd have to be teaming up with someone. Pegula doesn't need them, but maybe someone like Golisano might. I think the Hugely Wealthy Mystery Group isn't a bad guess.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think they'd have to be teaming up with someone. Pegula doesn't need them, but maybe someone like Golisano might. I think the Hugely Wealthy Mystery Group isn't a bad guess.

Yes, the advantage there would be that it would give HWMG a "Buffalo presence" where they previously didn't have one.

Because we do not matter.

They would most certainly not be moving the team

Well, once the owners have been decided and JBJ is sent packing. I think it would be fitting during warm-ups all season long that the Bills play "Living on a Prayer". A kind hearted thank you to BJB for leaving just as quickly as he arrived.

Well, once the owners have been decided and JBJ is sent packing. I think it would be fitting during warm-ups all season long that the Bills play "Living on a Prayer". A kind hearted thank you to BJB for leaving just as quickly as he arrived.

Playing Bon Jovi, however ironically, is never a good idea.

Because we do not matter.

We should. Kelly is supposedly one of us who just wants the team to stay in Buffalo. Ok, then Pegula is the guy. He can do more for this city than anyone else unless there is a HWMG that we just don't know about yet. But if Kelly is joining up with a group that can just barely afford the team then that's not what this city needs at all

Edited by kdiggz

We should. Kelly is supposedly one of us who just wants the team to stay in Buffalo. Ok, then Pegula is the guy. He can do more for this city than anyone else unless there is a HWMG that we just don't know about yet. But if Kelly is joining up with a group that can just barely afford the team then that's not what this city needs at all

The huge wealthy mystery group that we have been alluding to is the Pritzker family. I believe that their net worth is $37B.

The huge wealthy mystery group that we have been alluding to is the Pritzker family. I believe that their net worth is $37B.

if that is the group that Kelly is with then I'm all for it. but if he is hitching his wagon to Gundlach and going fishing for partners like it's last call at the bar then i'm not ok with that. HWMG would be cool though. Tom Brady does think our hotels suck so maybe we can get a few more Hyatts near the new stadium out of this deal

That is different from what John Kryk reported the other day. He reported:

"Two sources said Pegula indeed bid about $1.3 billion."

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/exclusive-toronto-group-bidding-on-bills-allowed-to-submit-higher-first-bid-and-must-provide-greater-assurance-it-would-not-relocate-team-sources-say/

Grahammypants and Kryk have been going back and forth about this. Or, I guess it is more like, Kryk is reporting the opposite of G-pants and G-pants is taking subtle shots at Kryk because of it.

Grahammypants and Kryk have been going back and forth about this. Or, I guess it is more like, Kryk is reporting the opposite of G-pants and G-pants is taking subtle shots at Kryk because of it.

Between Kryk, Graham, and JW we have been getting a lot of good info. Why can't everyone just get along? Appreciate input from all sources

Kirby thanks as always for the information. Is it the multiple members of the family or a few such as Karen Pritzker and Michael Vlock as mentioned by TG in the Buffalo News?

Edited by BRAWNDO